Live from the Sunrise 7/22 sailing review

jimbo5544

Jimbo - do you know if there is a self serve ice tea, lemonade, water station near Guy's Pig and Anchor?  I read somewhere that there wasn't.  Thinking of heading right up there on embarkation day to avoid the buffet.  We bringing first time cruisers with us and don't want the chaos of the buffet to set the tone for the week!  

4 hours ago, WMQueenie said:

Jimbo - do you know if there is a self serve ice tea, lemonade, water station near Guy's Pig and Anchor?  I read somewhere that there wasn't.  Thinking of heading right up there on embarkation day to avoid the buffet.  We bringing first time cruisers with us and don't want the chaos of the buffet to set the tone for the week!  

I do not but I will check

• Like 1

On 7/25/2019 at 10:48 AM, bar1068 said:

FWIW....Looked like this back in 2008.

DSC_0017.thumb.JPG.7e64068c8b38f7de9dc015fdf566e9dd.JPG

15 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

A43E533E-59DE-43F9-B101-70CAEA3A7CC5.jpeg

15 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

0C88547F-56DB-4F9C-99ED-E407E6107477.jpeg

Oh wow. @RRLLAL and @jimbo5544, I agree- the new pool deck looks much better than it did ten years ago. Still seems like a refurbishment though. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Did our only excursion of the trip yesterday in St Thomas.  We has not been there in years.  Excursions are tough when you want to include a 2 year old.  We cruise a lot and this trip is focused on our daughters family who are traveling with us.  We did the Kontiki boat ride with some history built in of the islands, followed by an hour and a half beach break.  It was a fun trip and the kids really enjoyed it.    

• Like 1

Had a good night and woke up at 7 with the grinder that has replaced my stomach going in overdrive.  Obviously not a bug and will need to get it checked out when we get home.  Spent most of the day on the cabin, feeling a little better as I write this.  

11 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

So we had reservations last night in the Steakhouse. I ate light during the day and decided to go for it.  We had a great  meal, here are some pics.  

3DD3296E-14C2-420D-ADC9-08DEFF02EDCF.jpeg

771213AB-19A2-4596-A2B7-C5F87FA78040.jpeg

They look really good, I usually get a Filet. May have to go outside my box

One is a Ribeye? The other is?

45 minutes ago, thesmiths said:

46 minutes ago, thesmiths said:

Cowboy - basically a ribeve with the bone.  The ribeyes were the biggest we have ever seen in the steakhouse.   

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Cowboy - basically a ribeve with the bone.  The ribeyes were the biggest we have ever seen in the steakhouse.   

I am going to add a 2nd trip to the Steakhouse now.

Thank you and hope you feel better!

Edited by thesmiths

Thank you Jimbo for the review.  Between you and Jamman, it really helps the days go by between cruises😄

What is your one favorite thing on the ship or cruise and one thing Carnival really dropped the ball on or needs to improve on the ship. Thank you Dave.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, thesmiths said:

I am going to add a 2nd trip to the Steakhouse now.

Thank you and hope you feel better!

Excellent cuts of mear and the service was  top notch.  I do not think you can go wrong there.  I have posted many times before, we believe that the Carnival steakhouse is the best of the major lines.  Thanks for the thoughts.  

6 hours ago, livingthedream1 said:

Did you happen to notice if they still offer the Lobster by itself?  I did not see it on the new menu only Surf &Turf.

It is gone, but they have added a new additional for pay item, a fresh seafood item on the main menu called colossal sea food tower, a whole Maine lobster, 6 fresh oysters , 20 shrimp And a pound of atone crab legs.  It is for 2 people.  

5 hours ago, Sturmin said:

Thank you Jimbo for the review.  Between you and Jamman, it really helps the days go by between cruises😄

What is your one favorite thing on the ship or cruise and one thing Carnival really dropped the ball on or needs to improve on the ship. Thank you Dave.

Both popped into my head as soon as I read your question.  I am going to wait till the end of the review when I give my final thoughts to answer you.   Please remind me if I do not.  

• Like 1