Maya Key or Sol y Mar?

Mim Lloyd

Can't decide between these two for my husband and I. Maya Key is by a short boat ride booked through our cruise ship (NCL) and Sol y Mar is a bus ride with Bodden's tours.  We're not bothered about whether lunch/drinks are included or not, we'll just buy what we need, and we're not into watersports. We just want a nice beach with decent loungers, not jam packed busy and possibly some snorkling but again this isn't critical for our choice. Any help for us knowing what to do is gratefully received!! 😁

15 minutes ago, Mim Lloyd said:

Can't decide between these two for my husband and I. Maya Key is by a short boat ride booked through our cruise ship (NCL) and Sol y Mar is a bus ride with Bodden's tours.  We're not bothered about whether lunch/drinks are included or not, we'll just buy what we need, and we're not into watersports. We just want a nice beach with decent loungers, not jam packed busy and possibly some snorkling but again this isn't critical for our choice. Any help for us knowing what to do is gratefully received!! 😁

We have done both although it has been a while since we went to Maya Key.

As you have determined travel to both is convenient and relatively quick- Maya kay marginally easier.

Sol y Mar is basically a beach day, with nicer beach. Food and drinks can be included or PAYG

Maya kay has snorkeling, beach, pool, animals, places to walk and see. Lunch included, drinks extra.

Edited by c-leg5

Thanks for the replies. Think we'll go for Sol y Mar. Cruise ship excursions are too expensive for what you get when you compare with local companies. On reflection, the NCL trip to Maya Key is 3 times the price of Victor Bodden's to Sol y Mar and we leave at 3pm so wouldn't have a huge amount of time.