Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
kikimom

Waiting for FTTF to appear

Recommended Posts

My dh and I are booked on the Breeze for a 7 day cruise in Late January 2020.  FTTF still has not appeared on our excursion page.  Seems unusual.  Any thoughts as to why it hasn't been posted yet?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I've seen others say it hasn't been released yet for their January, 2020 cruises, too. I don't remember if they were on Breeze though. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. We'll be on Horizon in March 2020 and FTTF was released this past March. For our Glory cruise last year, it was also released a year out. There's not much you can do but to keep looking.

Edited by Organized Chaos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with Organized Chaos.  There SEEMS to be a general pattern of a late spring release for cruises through the following spring, but it hasn't been fleet wide or 100% consistent.

 

It often isn't offered for awhile when a new ship is ported in the US, or on Journeys cruises.  Some home ports also seem to be on a different schedule.

 

"Keep watching" is probably the best advice.

 

Happy sailing.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both the previous posters are very accurate in their assessment... I'll just add one suggestion- try calling Carnival and asking them! I don't know why, but I've heard many people say they've called and really gotten nowhere with Carnival Customer Service, only to have it appear a few days later!

 

I told several of the people sailing with me last month the same thing about 4 months before the cruise, and a few people laughed, saying it was just coincidence. Several of them called Customer Service and amazingly, 3 days later, it was made available and was open for about 24 hours before it sold out again!

 

If you're on a roll call or FB page for your cruise, make sure everyone is looking out for it and is willing to let everyone else know... that's usually how a lot of people hear that it's available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any guess as to why it’s offered later with new ships or Journeys? I’m sailing on Radiance in June 2020. I know it’s too early for FTTF (and I’m on the fence about it anyway). Just curious! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

 

I'm booked on Inspiration -- February 2020. The suggestion here on the board was to check daily, check at "off" times too. I have been doing just that... obsessively. 

 

So, thanks for the suggestion to call Carnival.  It certainly can't hurt, right?  Will call tomorrow & then check back here on their answer. 

 

Wish me luck.

🌻🌻

Bobbi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lensonlife said:

Is there any guess as to why it’s offered later with new ships or Journeys? I’m sailing on Radiance in June 2020. I know it’s too early for FTTF (and I’m on the fence about it anyway). Just curious! 

 

The number of FTTF they sell for each cruise is capacity controlled based on the number of Platinum & Diamond that are booked. Brand new ships and Journeys cruises tend to have more P/D's booked, so that's probably why.

 

That's also why it's possible they might release more FTTF closer to a sale date. They wait to get a good count of P/D first, then if they determine there aren't enough of those booked, they might open up more FTTF.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lensonlife said:

Is there any guess as to why it’s offered later with new ships or Journeys?

Carnival explicitly states FTTF is not offered on Journeys cruises. The reason is there are so many Platinums and Diamonds on these cruises.l

 

For all other cruises (except departure ports where FTTF is not offerred) the number of FTTF sold is based on the number of Platinums and Diamonds expected to be onboard.  Closer to departure, if Platinum and Diamond bookings have not materialized as expected, Carnival will release more FTTF for sale. As a general rule, shorter cruises and older ships tend to attract fewer Platinums and Diamonds, so those cruises will have more FTTF slots for sale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Carnival explicitly states FTTF is not offered on Journeys cruises. The reason is there are so many Platinums and Diamonds on these cruises.l

 

For all other cruises (except departure ports where FTTF is not offerred) the number of FTTF sold is based on the number of Platinums and Diamonds expected to be onboard.  Closer to departure, if Platinum and Diamond bookings have not materialized as expected, Carnival will release more FTTF for sale. As a general rule, shorter cruises and older ships tend to attract fewer Platinums and Diamonds, so those cruises will have more FTTF slots for sale.

The FTTF page doesn't address Barbados, San Diego, and San Francisco.  The page doesn't say one way or the other.  I know it isn't offered in Barbados.  The incompleteness bugs me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Carnival explicitly states FTTF is not offered on Journeys cruises. The reason is there are so many Platinums and Diamonds on these cruises.l

 

For all other cruises (except departure ports where FTTF is not offerred) the number of FTTF sold is based on the number of Platinums and Diamonds expected to be onboard.  Closer to departure, if Platinum and Diamond bookings have not materialized as expected, Carnival will release more FTTF for sale. As a general rule, shorter cruises and older ships tend to attract fewer Platinums and Diamonds, so those cruises will have more FTTF slots for sale.

Thank you! That makes so much sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for all the replies.  I plan to call Carnival today & will report back if there's anything to tell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are booked on Breeze end of February 2020, I had been keeping an eye out for FTTF. It just opened up last week randomly on a Tuesday morning, I grabbed it. Not sure why 7 months out if finally opened but glad it did. I just assumed there are a lot of P&D on the cruise...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FTTF goes really fast. I've gotten all but 1 of my 7 cruises and the one I missed was on the Vista last Oct. We didn't book that cruise until July I believe so it was late in the game they were already Sold Out. Keep checking. They open up sometimes. Check every day all day. Our cruise next month on the Conquest has been sold out for awhile but It popped back up for a few hours the other day. I'm still waiting for it to open back up for our cruise on the Horizon in Feb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Carnival explicitly states FTTF is not offered on Journeys cruises. The reason is there are so many Platinums and Diamonds on these cruises.l

 

For all other cruises (except departure ports where FTTF is not offerred) the number of FTTF sold is based on the number of Platinums and Diamonds expected to be onboard.  Closer to departure, if Platinum and Diamond bookings have not materialized as expected, Carnival will release more FTTF for sale. As a general rule, shorter cruises and older ships tend to attract fewer Platinums and Diamonds, so those cruises will have more FTTF slots for sale.

 

I can't help but wonder what the point was to say the exact same thing I did, in a post that immediately followed me saying it, less than half an hour after I said it. 🙄

 

2 hours ago, MRSG29 said:

FTTF goes really fast.

 

There are times when it doesn't sell fast, surprisingly. For our Glory cruise last June, it lasted 2-3 months. And that was even at the old, cheaper price. The fact that it lasted so long was the reason we hesitated buying it for our March 2020 cruise, but that came back to bite us, because it sold out in a couple weeks. I've gotten one so far, but still need one more.

 

Right around final payment date is a good time to look for more FTTF because people often cancel their cruises around then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

 

I can't help but wonder what the point was to say the exact same thing I did, in a post that immediately followed me saying it, less than half an hour after I said it. 🙄

 

I can't help but wonder why you found it necessary to get nasty and sarcastic when we probably started responding about the same time and you happened to hit "reply" first. 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Markmom18 said:

Hi,

 

I'm booked on Inspiration -- February 2020. The suggestion here on the board was to check daily, check at "off" times too. I have been doing just that... obsessively. 

 

So, thanks for the suggestion to call Carnival.  It certainly can't hurt, right?  Will call tomorrow & then check back here on their answer. 

 

Wish me luck.

🌻🌻

Bobbi

 

 

  Hi,

    SO!   I'm replying because I said I would.  🙂🙂

    The man I spoke to didn't see FTTF on his screen & didn't know why they weren't offering it.

   He put me on hold, came back and told me again,   he just didn't know why FTTF wasn't available. His advice to me?  Keep calling  & keep looking till it becomes available. Kept repeating that advice. 

 That's it on my search!

 🌻🌻

 Bobbi

Edited by Markmom18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

I can't help but wonder why you found it necessary to get nasty and sarcastic when we probably started responding about the same time and you happened to hit "reply" first. 🙄

 

You shouldn't have detected sarcasm because I wasn't being sarcastic. I'd say it was a bit snarky, but not nasty. It's just frustrating when people come into a thread and don't bother reading what's already been said, especially the last post in the thread. You posted 24 minutes later. Sorry, it wasn't a case of two people replying at the same time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

 

You shouldn't have detected sarcasm because I wasn't being sarcastic. I'd say it was a bit snarky, but not nasty. It's just frustrating when people come into a thread and don't bother reading what's already been said, especially the last post in the thread. You posted 24 minutes later. Sorry, it wasn't a case of two people replying at the same time.

Who made you the time-stamp police? Get over yourself and find something better to do than being that snarky poster whom people block.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Who made you the time-stamp police? Get over yourself and find something better to do than being that snarky poster whom people block.

 

You can try to paint me as somebody I'm not all you want. I have no problem letting my post history speak for itself.

Edited by Organized Chaos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Markmom18 said:

 

 

  Hi,

    SO!   I'm replying because I said I would.  🙂🙂

    The man I spoke to didn't see FTTF on his screen & didn't know why they weren't offering it.

   He put me on hold, came back and told me again,   he just didn't know why FTTF wasn't available. His advice to me?  Keep calling  & keep looking till it becomes available. Kept repeating that advice. 

 That's it on my search!

 🌻🌻

 Bobbi

 

I emailed my PVP today and she essentially said the same thing.  Thanks for checking.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2019 at 2:27 PM, Organized Chaos said:

(except departure ports where FTTF is not offerred)

Is New York one of the departure ports that don't offer it?  Looking to cruise on the Radiance August 2020 and I believe it said it will not be offered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Koukla21 said:

Is New York one of the departure ports that don't offer it?  Looking to cruise on the Radiance August 2020 and I believe it said it will not be offered.

Carnival's website search is your friend:

 

Faster to the Fun is not offered on Carnival Journeys departures, cruises in Europe, nor on cruises from the following home ports: Honolulu, Norfolk and Vancouver. It will be offered on the Carnival Panorama, starting with departures in February 2020, Carnival Radiance, starting with departures in January 2021 and Mardi Gras, starting in 2021 (date to be determined).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Carnival's website search is your friend:

 

Faster to the Fun is not offered on Carnival Journeys departures, cruises in Europe, nor on cruises from the following home ports: Honolulu, Norfolk and Vancouver. It will be offered on the Carnival Panorama, starting with departures in February 2020, Carnival Radiance, starting with departures in January 2021 and Mardi Gras, starting in 2021 (date to be determined).

Thank you.  Appreciate it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Koukla21 said:

Is New York one of the departure ports that don't offer it?  Looking to cruise on the Radiance August 2020 and I believe it said it will not be offered.

 

Normally it's available in N.Y., but for Radiance, not until Jan. 2021. The reason being, more than likely, is because Radiance will be a "new" (refitted) ship and larger numbers of Platinum & Diamonds tend to cruise new ships when they first sail. I'm guessing this also applies to the ships that are being refitted. The number of FTTF sold is based on how many P/D's book a cruise, so with increased numbers of P/D's on new ships, they delay FTTF.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

 

Normally it's available in N.Y., but for Radiance, not until Jan. 2021. The reason being, more than likely, is because Radiance will be a "new" (refitted) ship and larger numbers of Platinum & Diamonds tend to cruise new ships when they first sail. I'm guessing this also applies to the ships that are being refitted. The number of FTTF sold is based on how many P/D's book a cruise, so with increased numbers of P/D's on new ships, they delay FTTF.

 

Your comment is not 100% accurate. With the exception of journey cruises and new ships, which you have mentioned in this thread, Carnival initially releases a batch of FTTF for every cruise. That’s why you always see people with FTTF on every cruise (not including the exceptions) no matter how many D&Ps are on the ship. This topic has been discussed numerous times at both Diamond special events and D&P parties...i.e. why was FTTF sold for this cruise when there are so many D&Ps on this cruise. However, you are correct in that subsequent release(s) of FTTF, if any,  are directly related to the number of D&Ps booked on the cruise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...