European River cruise line single supplement

Whitetrike

My wife and I are looking into doing a European river cruise with her sister who is a single lady!  In order to do this trip we are going to have to find those  cruise lines which reduce or waive single supplement charges!!  Any experiences along this line you would like to share would be appreciated!

Regards, Whitetrike

Hi, Uniworld and AMA both offer cabins without any single supplements.  I always sail solo...….cruised with AMA back in 2016 and going with Uniworld in October. :classic_biggrin:

• 3 weeks later...

I've found more discounted or waived single supplements on Uniworld later in the season, as Becky just alluded to.  I will say I'm disappointed in Uniworld's 2020 discounted solo fares, at least the ones they've published so far.  A top producing TA with river cruise experience is your best bet as far as locating a good solo fare, along with doing your own research beforehand.

Roz

Although not single, I received the following email from AMA Waterways yesterday.

Your Next Adventure Awaits

Now is the perfect time to travel independently and enjoy the incredible experience we offer our solo guests. From tours of historic UNESCO sites to wine tastings, our small-group guided excursions offer authentic personalized experiences.

And, to pique your interest, we recently reduced our single supplement to just 10% on select departures through the end of the year – which even applies to our luxurious suites!

I just got off a Scenic river cruise.  All of their boats, except 3, have single cabins.  I can attest the service is exceptional.  There was at least 1 single on our sailing and she was never alone.

There is a write up on Scenic cabins here:  https://www.rivercruiseadvisor.com/2015/10/scenic-what-are-its-smallest-largest-and-most-common-stateroom-sizes/

Edited by 1of4

On 7/23/2019 at 6:55 PM, YoungDubFan said:

I know that Avalon completely waives the single supplement on some sailings. Check their website for which cruises qualify.

This is correct.  I just booked with Avalon this morning on a May 2020 cruise and the single supplement was waived.  As the OP stated only certain cruises had the supplement waived.

We are travelling with a single relative and booked Avalon because they were offering up to 5 cabins for solo travellers with the supplement waived on their ships. Many companies offer only the lowest level cabin but with Avalon we were able to book any cabin we chose.

It seems that the AMA special mentioned by Iamthesea, also offers any available cabin with just the 10% supplement.