TLC Show,Outdaughtered,On a Disney Ship

MJSailors

Tonight’s episode of Outdaughtered showed the Busby family on a Disney Cruise.

The entire family group numbered twenty-six,including the Busby quints and their big sister.

The thought occurred to me that this may have been a cruise chartered by the TLC network because so much of the filming took place in public places. There didn’t seem to be many other passengers in the different shots of the ship or the private island.

If it was not chartered, I am wondering if anyone on CC was on that cruise.

And if so,how did the filming of the show affect a regular passenger’s experience on the cruise.

Edited by MJSailors
Misspelled the word show in the title.

• 3 weeks later...

there were reports of a few folks who were on board via disboards.com so it wasn't a charter but yes some of those things were definitely staged. It was a two hour commercial so I have to believe that it was all comped by Disney. Totally out of scope of reality on several points. Booking 26 people with only a few weeks notice and Hazel "picking" it based on a photo. They were able to reserve a Castaway Cay cabana with just a few weeks notice. All the characters joining them for a group photo on the beach.

I think some of it was filmed out of order. Based on reports it looks like the BBB was filmed on disembarkation day after the others departed and before new guests arrived. if you look at the order shown right after the BBB they are at dinner and none of the kids have hair and makeup done. I can't imagine they would do all of that and then just go back to the room and wash it all off. 

• Like 1