Blue World Voyages

bishop84

Is it me or does the new rendering for Blue World Voyages possible ship conversion look like one of the HAL 'S' Class? News on Cruise Industry News website: https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/21290-blue-world-voyages-releases-new-vessel-rendering.html. Reducing capacity to only 450 guests!

I think the last renderings they issued looked like the 'Gemini' or former Crown Jewel.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KAKcruiser said:

Or it could be the Veendam  which is not currently scheduled past October 2020.

Not with that stern, it isn't. Notice that the Lido Deck is above the pool, and doesn't stick out beyond the lower decks.

18 minutes ago, RuthC said:

Not with that stern, it isn't. Notice that the Lido Deck is above the pool, and doesn't stick out beyond the lower decks.

Good morning Ruth!!

I happen to agree with you also! My husband was the one who noticed it too!!

Denise😊

19 hours ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

That doesn't look like a real ship to me -- just a drawing.  Not enough lifeboats.

Blue World have said the capacity of the ship will only be 425 hence not a lot of lifeboats.  As a comparison the 'S' class ships carry about 1350 lower berth with about 300 more total capacity.

On 7/25/2019 at 10:06 AM, Krazy Kruizers said:

That doesn't look like a real ship to me -- just a drawing.  Not enough lifeboats.

From the article:  "Capacity on the yet-to-be-named vessel, which the company plans to acquire secondhand, will be reduced to 425 berths. Staterooms will be enlarged, and there will also be solo cabins as well as residences aboard the ship."  Hence the need for fewer lifeboats.