MSC Seaside "Easy Drink Package"

vallemic

1.  What kinds of cocktails are included in the Easy Drink Package?  Would drinks like mojitos, pina colodas and Mai Tais be included?

2.  If I already have the Easy Drink package and I order a drink that is not included, am I charged the full price of that drink or the difference between the two? (ex: If the drink I want  is $10 but the drinks in the EDP are valued up to $6, am I charged $4 or $10)?

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/24/2019 at 8:16 PM, Irishhappycruiser said:

Would anyone have an example of MSC drinks menus and prices? They are no where on the website that I can see?  I am also thinking about booking the easy drinks package

Here's a link to a thread with the menus from a Europe-based cruise (they differ from menus on US-based ships).  Drinks up to €6 are included:

2662654-european-drinks-menu-msc-meraviglia

... and one with menus from a US-based sailing.  Drinks up to $6 are included in 'Easy' (from post #35):

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2641156-msc-yacht-club-feb-16-23-2019-😜😜😜😘😜😜😜-to-ncl-haven/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-56957236

The 'Easy' package covers drinks up to €6.  Here's an 'Easy' menu (the top 2 wines are sparkling, Dolce being the sweet one):

1461352529_EasyPackageDrinks.png.7ccaf42f2515f230d7400c5e30f80d2f.png

a group of 6-8 of us are booking the Mar 21, 2020 Seaside and our TA is offering All inclusive drinks, after digging it looks like it = Easy package and we are waffling if we should upgrade to the Premium or pay the per drink prices for those drinks not included.

6 minutes ago, bthom70 said:

a group of 6-8 of us are booking the Mar 21, 2020 Seaside and our TA is offering All inclusive drinks, after digging it looks like it = Easy package and we are waffling if we should upgrade to the Premium or pay the per drink prices for those drinks not included.

Take a look at the menus in the second link posted in post #7 to see if the drinks included in Premium (up to $12) would be worth it to upgrade to.  Bear in mind that all prices are subject to 15% service charge.  However, it is a bit of leap @$27 pppd to upgrade.

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

Take a look at the menus in the second link posted in post #7 to see if the drinks included in Premium (up to $12) would be worth it to upgrade to.  Bear in mind that all prices are subject to 15% service charge.  However, it is a bit of leap @$27 pppd to upgrade.

Hi!

My sister and I are sailing on the MSC Seaside from Miami on October 12, 2019.  Unfortunately, I'm really disappointed with MSC. Their customer service sucks!  We also have the regular drink package and was told by MSC that we would have to pay the difference if we ordered anything over $6.  Guess what... their drinks start at $7.50. False advertising by MSC and poor customer service to boot! I hope that this cruise goes well, Too many issues before we sail.....

13 minutes ago, daisyms7777 said:

Guess what... their drinks start at $7.50. False advertising by MSC and poor customer service to boot! I hope that this cruise goes well, Too many issues before we sail.....

I'm not quite sure where the false advertising comes into play.  The 'Easy' drinks package, @$35 pppd, represents good value (certainly in comparison to what's on offer from the competition!)  Not all drinks "start at $7.50".  The items on the right-hand page in the photo of post #4 shows what alcoholic drinks are included.  There are also house wines (white, red and sparkling), included as is draught beer, not to mention bottled water (still & sparkling) coffees, teas, hot chocolate, bottled juices and soft drinks.

Edited by Beamafar

1 hour ago, daisyms7777 said:

We also have the regular drink package and was told by MSC that we would have to pay the difference if we ordered anything over $6.

This is also wrong, any drink not covered under the $6 limit will be charged at full price plus a 15% gratuity.

Something that the Original Poster might also want to consider:

I'm looking for experience from

1. someone who bought the Easy package onboard, where you must pay 15% of the package price as a gratuity---did you get charged a gratuity with each drink order?
  2. someone who bought the Easy package online, before the cruise, and thus paid no gratuity---did you get charged a gratuity with each drink order?

to not muck things up, please don't respond if your package was included in your cruise fare as a perk.

If you purchase the 'Easy' package onboard, there'll be a 15% service charge added to the cost.  So, for a 7 night cruise, it's 7 X $35 = $245 + $36.75, which means that the total cost added to your onboard account would be $281.75.  You don't pay the service charge on each drink ordered, only on the initial cost of the package.

If you purchase the package before embarkation, you save paying the $36.75;  you do not pay any service charge on any drinks ordered.  Hence the benefit of purchasing the package before sailing.

Edited by Beamafar

1 minute ago, Beamafar said:

If you purchase the 'Easy' package onboard, there'll be a 15% service charge added to the cost.  So, for a 7 night cruise, it's 7 X $35 = $245 + $36.75, which means that the total cost added to your onboard account would be $281.75.  You don't pay the service charge on each drink ordered, only on the initial cost of the package.

If you purchase the package before embarkation, you save paying the $36.75;  you do not pay any service charge on any drinks ordered.  Hence the benefit of purchasing the package before sailing.

Just to be clear, this is based on your experience sailing in both situations, not based on the sales pitches, right?

We have sailed with having the “easy package” prior to sailing and you do not pay anything, tab you sign will say zero. Bar servers will get to know you during the week if you frequent the same bars and will go above and beyond to take care of you. That has been our experience. (I do realize some cruisers have horrible experiences to relay. We have had nothing but positive ones.)

11 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

thank you.  i am an msc newbie!

1 minute ago, Pjrygiel said:

thank you.  i am an msc newbie!

Welcome to CruiseCritic!  🙂

My advice to you is follow the threads on here - even those which you may not think are relevant.  They often veer off the subject when someone asks a question off-topic in the thread.  By reading as much as you can, you'll get familiar with the MSC 'way'.  We've done 21 MSC cruises, in many regions, with 4 more booked for the next year.

On 8/13/2019 at 5:32 PM, Beamafar said:

thank you.  i have been on here before, but lost my login information.  The MSC ships look beautiful, but from reviews, they say the service is bad.  My wife and I are travel agents, so we are giving them a try to possibly start recommending them to our clients.  The one thing I don't like, is that booking can be confusing.  I wish they didn't have room types and packages, that makes it confusing.  We love NCL and the Haven for the family. thank you for your advice.

On 8/13/2019 at 5:32 PM, Beamafar said:

Welcome to CruiseCritic!  🙂

My advice to you is follow the threads on here - even those which you may not think are relevant.  They often veer off the subject when someone asks a question off-topic in the thread.  By reading as much as you can, you'll get familiar with the MSC 'way'.  We've done 21 MSC cruises, in many regions, with 4 more booked for the next year.