Spa staterooms

forwardho

"These staterooms feature spa amenities such as yoga mats and an iPod® docking station and include access to spa treatments from the Greenhouse Spa & Salon."

Notice it says, "access", not included. Mostly just location. I like the locations, don't care about spa treatments! Maybe the yoga mat will be handy on a beach stop! and give the docking stn to my SIL.

I wouldn't waste my money on a "Spa Stateroom"   The hundreds extra you pay get you no discounted rates in the SPA.   You can't take anything home with you, they specify that it is "for use onboard"  Here's HAL's description of Spa Staterooms :

"Amenities in the spa staterooms include organic cotton bathrobes and slippers, a Burmese teak mat for bath and shower, and an invigorating showerhead, as well as a loofah mitt and aroma therapy bath salts. In addition to standard stateroom furnishings, spa staterooms also include an iPod docking station, yoga mat, pedometer for use aboard ship, fitness DVD, no-host mini-bar stocked with specialty waters, a cut-fruit tray at embarkation and a spa concierge to book treatments. Nightly turn-down pillow gifts also reflect a natural theme and include organic chocolate truffles, orchids and a line of chocolates called Elements, herbal-infused chocolates blending delicious Belgian chocolate with specialty herbs known for their calming and relaxing benefits."

Edited by TAD2005

I stayed in one for my cruise last Monday month. I’d booked the cheapest guarantee as usual so I was pretty happy at the upgrade. I loved the location but wouldn’t have paid extra for the so called amenities. 

• Thanks 1

I should have noted that I have never stayed in a cabin designated "spa", was only quoting from the website. I think the category came to be in order to market smaller, high-and-forward cabins, some of which have tiny Juliet balconies, for a higher price.

I didn't even know that you were expected to leave the yoga mat and iPod thingee behind! Ewwh, a previously used yoga mat is a PERK???