Thanks for opening up this thread  to questions  and comments.

The footstools  are essential for those with leg  and other health issues, that require  elevation.

Hope the answer we hear is good news!  Also looking forward to the return of balcony loungers in the  cabins with larger balcs...like Sunset Verandas...

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

Several of us have implants in the legs due to fractures and our legs swell if we do not place them high.

Me too!  That, along with the expanded breakfast menu are the reason that we book concierge class. Now there are no footstools and the table is so small that we can't eat breakfast on it.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Hatteras51 said:

Me too!  That, along with the expanded breakfast menu are the reason that we book concierge class. Now there are no footstools and the table is so small that we can't eat breakfast on it.

We have a suite booked on the Summit next May and are hoping that usable tables are returned. It sounds like, in all the the good, there were a few misses in the redesign. 

• Like 3

I have no leg issues but still think footstools are essential to the enjoyment of my cruise.  I get a balcony specifically to spend time reading, relaxing and yes, I dare say, napping.  We, like many other Celebrity travelers, will be carrying on portable footstools.   Putting my feet up on the table is a yuk factor.  

• Like 3

I dread my family's reactions when we walk onto the balconies of our suites/cabins on the Summit next month.  Having been on the same ship four years in a row, this August will be a major disappointment with no lounge chairs, no chairs that recline, cushions that get soggy in the rain, no footstools, no useful tables, no chairs with arms and those small wood school chairs.  We use these balconies extensively and sitting on them is the highlight of our trip.  I know it is coming but I don't have the heart to tell them.  When they ask what happened, what should I say? 

• Like 7

A footstool with reclining chair or a lounge room is a must for me when travelling. My arthritis and back issues require that I have my feet and legs elevated with pillows and it would be impossible to do in a regular chair, or extremely embarrassing to have to lug pillows out on a public deck.

This is not a luxury, it is a necessity for my (relative) comfort (chronic pain is never comfortable) and health. Please bring them back!

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, CruiseParty said:

OMG STOP COMPLAINING

I’m entitled to say what’s on my mind as are you, but it’s my money that I spend to cruise on X and they need to take the good feedback along with the bad. That’s how life is.

There are compliments when earned and complaints as well if they are earned as well. 

• Like 9

Sorry, just found this thread. Am I right in thinking that they have removed most of the furniture from the large SV balconies on the Millenium Class ships? We had one of Connie's huge SV cabins last year with a large table, 4 chairs, 2 recliners and 2 small tables. It is one of the reasons why we picked that cabin.

Have they removed them or have I misunderstood.

If they have, then that makes no sense whatsoever unless they don't want people eating on there ...