On 7/24/2019 at 3:28 PM, bubbachief said:

Why have the foot stools been removed from Aqua and Concierge cabins on the Millennium class ships?

I've mentioned this previously on another thread regarding the footstools. The M class aqua & concierge cabins DID NOT have footstools prior to the revolutionizing. We've said the Summit 5x dating back to 2012 - just after the "solstilization" (4 times in AQ and once in a suite), all prior to the update and never, ever were there footstools (with the exception of the deck 11 aft cabins that were added during the "solstilization") - so to be clear, it's not something that the cruise line giveth on M class, and then taketh away.  Also... the M class balconies are not as deep as the S class balconies, so I am not sure there would even be room for them even if X decided to add them.
*See thread below with photos of 2 separate AQ cabins and no footstools.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2681983-mirrors-on-summit/?tab=comments#comment-57975509

19 minutes ago, oceangoer2 said:

I've read on this site the footstools are removed on S class after reno as well....true?

Only one S class ship has been revolutionized so far and that is the Equinox. I believe that the footstools on EQ were removed.

7 minutes ago, bhughey said:

Only one S class ship has been revolutionized so far and that is the Equinox. I believe that the footstools on EQ were removed.

We're on the Sillhouette in March 2020 so expect the footstools to NOT be there!   I enjoy our b'fast and short naps on the balcony...so suitable table and FS missing are disappointing and will most likely result in changing our bookings from concierge to verandah.....there was little advantage (to us) booking concierge class the last few years anyway (for many more $$s) and hardly any now with these changes!  Don't drink the 'champagne', don't need the points, don't like the new brand of BR toiletries (bring my own), a shower head which is hardly different from verandah class...so what's left?  An embarkation lunch we don't go to, etc.

As for the poster who said 'stop complaining'....it's my $$s being spent, not yours, so it's best you keep that particular opinion to yourself.

Edited by oceangoer2
  • Like 7

We've only sailed in Concierge class once and that was when there were lots of little touches like a pillow menu, welcome champs, footstools, canapes, etc.... but to be fair - even when CC included these items, most people griped about how they didn't care for the canapes, didn't drink the champs, etc etc - so it's no surprise they've done away with these extras. I think the only real benefit with CC at this juncture is that perhaps those cabins are in a more preferable location. I for one, always loved the footstools ... but it was never a "make or break" for me.

We have booked the same aft cabin in 2020 and 2021 for B2B cruises on the Summit.  This would be the 5th and 6th time we have booked the same cabin and the oversize balcony in the aft cabins is a primary reason we keep coming back to Celebrity.

These aft cabins have huge balconies and we have always enjoyed the loungers and the full sized table plus armchairs for the table.  I do not know if they removed the loungers from these aft cabins during the renovations but it would be a shame as I cannot think of a reason that would make sense.  If the regular table has been replaced with a small low table as has been reported, that would also make no sense.  

If removed during renovation, please bring back the regular loungers and the full size table and chairs.  Removal of these items practically eliminates the enjoyment of these aft balconies.

• Like 1

We book Concierge. The footstools & reclining chairs are one of the main reasons we spend the extra on Concierge. My husband has shoulder issues (recent major surgery) & the reclining chairs ensure he can find a comfortable position. The full length loungers are ok but the reclining chairs with footstool is better(not as low to get into). I’ve had many foot surgeries so elevating my legs is essential so I can continue to walk. I certainly hope both will be on our Eclipse sailing in September & our b2b on Reflection in February. They are still listed as benefits

I agree with the comments above, concierge to us is the same as the verandah stateroom, the only benefit that is worth having is the foot stool (and the fact the cabins are in better locations on the ship usually). We did the Silhouette last year and very much enjoyed the foot stool. For the little expense to Celebrity why not just put them in every stateroom. 

We we also enjoy breakfast on the balcony. We are looking at a Millennium class ship next year and I was disappointed to see a low height table on the balcony which could make breakfast difficult and not as enjoyable. When we show people pictures of us reclining on our balcony with breakfast and watching a sail in that is what most attracts them to want to try a cruise!

47 minutes ago, Stateroom_Sailor said:

Am I the only one not using a footstool while reading this?

I gotta say, it's one of those things you didn't know you loved until you experienced it. We experienced our first "foot stool" on a transatlantic cruise and it was kind of magical. Granted, we've been on lots and lots of cruises sans footstools and have still had a wonderfully great time. I guess the question is... why would X get rid of them? What is the reasoning??

PS. Just got new patio furniture and one of the chairs has a foot stool. It's the only chair I sit in.

Edited by bhughey
  • Like 2

Let me add a “me too” about footstools and decent sized tables for room service. Due to health issues, it is imperative that my feet be elevated as often as possible. If I can’t do that on the balcony, or eat room service there, then it is useless.

• Like 4

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 11:52 AM, CulverCityCruisers said:

Looks like X is not listening so far, as there is ZERO response to their customers needs.  SAD

CHILL.  The title specifically says "Lisa will be visiting intermittently through August 12" to address questions.  She's not looking for posts 24/7 and quite frankly there is no real need for her to do this at all but she has been kind enough to offer. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Stateroom_Sailor said:

Footstools sound like a first world problem to me, but I guess we all value different things.

Not 1st world for sure (guess you mean 3rd world?)...but....comfort is what we're paying for.  If they denied us sustenance - that's 3rd world.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2019 at 11:52 AM, CulverCityCruisers said:

Looks like X is not listening so far, as there is ZERO response to their customers needs.  SAD

It seems to be on par with It's parent company Royal Caribbean. Worst customer service. That board is loaded with customer service complaints. It's so bad that some have taken it to social media. Their demographic skews younger and that generation will think nothing of tweeting, or instagramming  a negative experience. Cruise Critic is a dead source for complaints because it only reaches a small population of the cruise industry. I very sad to see Celebrity making these poor unnecessary discussions. I would book Princess but on the new ships the balcony is so small that a foot stool just takes up space. I will say that the balcony and furniture on Anthem of the seas was comfortable and they provided a foot stool. One thing in my favor is that I'm not loyal to one company so I have nothing to lose by jumping from one cruise line to another. I find that I have been lowering my standards and look towards lines that I never considered in the past. Princess and Celebrity were my first choice. Not anymore.

• Like 3

On 7/28/2019 at 7:27 AM, Stateroom_Sailor said:

Am I the only one not using a footstool while reading this?

I'm actually using my paper shredder as a footstool as I type. Do you think they will let me board with it or is it on the prohibited item list?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

I'm actually using my paper shredder as a footstool as I type. Do you think they will let me board with it or is it on the prohibited item list?

Careful on Evening Chic if you wear a tie!  You'll also find that your cabin steward is spending way too much time in there, at least until they introduced "The Ultimate Footstool Package."

• Haha 1

If footstools are removed from Concierge class, I honestly dont understand what will justify the extra cost to travel in this category, perks are already minimal and if they are cut back further really will not be worth having this as a category to 'upgrade' to. Sad to see the things that made celebrity a luxury cruise line being taken away.    

• Like 2

6 hours ago, louise1809 said:

If footstools are removed from Concierge class, I honestly dont understand what will justify the extra cost to travel in this category, perks are already minimal and if they are cut back further really will not be worth having this as a category to 'upgrade' to. Sad to see the things that made celebrity a luxury cruise line being taken away.    

The actual room location will be the selling point. I'm surprised the did't call the less desirable rooms Concierge class and add extras like the did with Aqua Class.

13 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

The actual room location will be the selling point. I'm surprised the did't call the less desirable rooms Concierge class and add extras like the did with Aqua Class.

There are other cabins in great locations that are less money, 1a cabins, SV cabins, for example.