Does Royal still only want 10's on the Guest Survey?

I know the days of crew members begging for 10's on the survey have mostly gone now, or are supposed to have gone.

There's even a question asking if any crew member has mentioned the survey to you, and if so, to name who it was.

But the system still works in the same way. Anything less than a 10 is a fail. Too many fails, and the crew are disciplined.

Because I know this, I always do mark everything as a 10 on that survey. I've never met a crew member I didn't like, and I would hate to be a part of someone getting into trouble when I had no idea that I was.

But the whole idea is still a complete farce, and it's still true that anything less than a 10 is a fail.

I know a lot of people who say they would never mark a 10 on any survey, because to them, a 10 would mean perfection, and as we all know, nobody's perfect.

As a huge international company, RCCL must surely know things like this, so I really do wonder why they do it.

Do they only want to hear nice things about the company? Does negativity upset them? 

The whole point of a survey is to pinpoint areas that need improvement, or to check how new methods are working for example. Otherwise, why do they ask us? It's a complete waste of time for them and us.

I remember hearing something a while ago, about the scores being used as part of the information that is used for industry awards. "Best Mass Market Cruiseline" for example, which Royal usually wins, or "Best Premium Cruise Line" for Celebrity, both are RCCL companies.

Maybe I'm just thinking too much into it. I do get very intrigued about these things.

Just got off the Allure. The waiters weren't begging but the Maître D' was begging for them. The waiters were asking that we remember to fill out the survey but didn't beg for the 10's.

Now for my soapbox

This whole 10 on surveys is a load of crap for all you people in management positions.

Surveys on their own makes for a good data point base. 8's and 9's are good. Some people, such as myself NEVER give 10's except in that rare instance. Begging for 10's just skews the entire process and invalidates the data.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I also believe that giving 10's is a load of crap. Would Royal really fire someone who gets 8 & 9's? That would really be stupid. I think they threaten the employees to get 10's so that Royal can say they are voted the #1 cruise line. That is all that those are for. I just got off of a cruise and still need to fill out the survey. I will probably give Wendy my room attendant a 10, but when it comes to anything related to service (not Wendy), noise was awful (all suites are on deck 10 right below the pool, Windjammer, etc), food, etc those will definitely get lower marks.

EVERY survey, everywhere, wants 10's...I refuse to fill out those surveys......it's time-consuming.....if there is a problem, rest assured I will let you know.  Otherwise, ASSUME it's 10's across the board.  Waste of time to do this.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The survey is not a waste of time...not for us.

If you don't want to do it...delete it.

If you want to do it....just be honest.

On b2b or b2b2b sailings, we often do the survey after the first sailing.

For outstanding service, we make sure to write the names of the crew member and what they did to make our cruise special.  On the next sailing...when these same crew members finds out that we are still onboard...they come up to us and quietly tell us "Thank you".

Crew members have told us that getting high scores can result in a number of things: More tables for waiters thus more tips...better location....some get "hours" off (not a day off)...free meals in one of the specialty restaurants...and yes, even promotions.

I score appropriate to our service.  If a person mentions to me to give them a 10, they probably aren’t going to get a 10 from me.  A person providing a service should not mention a score or a tip to the customer.  Asking if their service has been good or if there’s anything they can do for you is fine, asking for a tip or a high score is not cool. 

I think we have cruised about 15 times and overall we had one cabin steward that was never around, every other one has gotten a 10 from me.  😊

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

I’ve filled out the survey almost every cruise, I answer with the score I feel they deserve. I’ve been known to write a book with complements and recommendations. 

That's exactly what I do! I keep notes during each cruise, what went well, what didn't, noting especially crew we've encountered who've enhanced our vacation, and on very rare occasions, didn't. I make sure they are noted by name in the survey. They work hard and deserve the recognition. 

1 minute ago, Retired LEO said:

You were a late comer. 

I wondered if that wasn't the case. Our cabin steward knew I was added late.  

I think he was happy his auto grats doubled. 😎

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

iPhone and Safari  see blank white 

You might want to post your problem on the Help forum.  Give them a link to the post that is not rendering properly on your device.