Does Royal still only want 10's on the Guest Survey?

I got it once from the waiter on night 3 on the Mariner of the Seas last weekend. Where honestly the service was fine, and I likely would have given high marks anyway, but that's not the way to do this and frankly if that's what they are deciding things on instead of using actual data analytic then whatever, it's bad management.

It is sad that today Corporations base customer service on those "LET US KNOW HOW WE DID" email notices printed on your six page register receipts. 

I would imagine that 99% are ignored except for those who for one reason or another have an issue with their service.

How many out there actually take the few minutes to respond with a favorable few words????

AND YES, many head offices if not all accept nothing but a 10 as a positive response, anything less is mark in the negative.

1 minute ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Once by someone in the WJ, twice by waiters, and once by the guy making announcements on the microphone in the MDR (is that the maitre d'?)

Different ships have different names for that person.  Could be maitre d', could be Restaurant Operations Manager, etc.  Smaller ships tend to use the maitre d' title.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Has anyone ever considered maybe Royal wants them to ask for 10's and this is there way of tracking it. 😉

I was thinking this.

I don't want to tell on someone in case they get into trouble but maybe they are told off because no one says they were asked.

17 hours ago, cb at sea said:

EVERY survey, everywhere, wants 10's...I refuse to fill out those surveys......it's time-consuming.....if there is a problem, rest assured I will let you know.  Otherwise, ASSUME it's 10's across the board.  Waste of time to do this.  

If they really were so hungry for the surveys then they could offer incentives like a Bonus C@A point, x off your next booking like a restaurant giving a free or discounted menu item. Bribing for a 10 is distasteful. Sorry I'm the Customer and I can decide who to tip, what to rate and how much to rate or tip thank you very much. 

If the service is bad and we all gave 10s would that degrade the service or quality of food? Just like on Uber. 

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I was thinking this.

I don't want to tell on someone in case they get into trouble but maybe they are told off because no one says they were asked.

I always answer factually 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

And for us to feel we're getting someone in trouble what if their best is not good enough? Would you tip a lazy waiter or stateroom attendant who replaces your towels with used ones? Would you tip a waiter who is careless? 

Royal needs to reprimand those who deserve it and promote those who deserve it 

I'm sorry but if the staff is not working up to Royal's standards we'll then la dee dah it's our obligation to first work with the worker then go up the chain to his supervisor and if needed go to the Hotel Manager. 

The last resort is giving a bad rating if it's been resolved they get 10s if it's a small issue I give a 9 and go down from there. I think its fair to first let Royal resolve the problem. 

I write into Guest Relations with feedback as well if needed. 

• Like 1

And for us to feel we're getting someone in trouble what if their best is not good enough? Would you tip a lazy waiter or stateroom attendant who replaces your towels with used ones? Would you tip a waiter who is careless? 

Royal needs to reprimand those who deserve it and promote those who deserve it 

I'm sorry but if the staff is not working up to Royal's standards we'll then la dee dah it's our obligation to first work with the worker then go up the chain to his supervisor and if needed go to the Hotel Manager. 

The last resort is giving a bad rating if it's been resolved they get 10s if it's a small issue I give a 9 and go down from there. I think its fair to first let Royal resolve the problem Onboard the ship and give them time to do so and not flame them online. 

I write into Guest Relations with feedback as well if needed. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dutchclogs said:
4 hours ago, holiday-shrek said:

Apples per day?

Speciality APD 2.10 target?

He he  -- don't tell Snow White

Who wants .1 of an apple? If you can't give me the whole apple, just give me 2 and keep the .1 apple!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, L454S said:

Agree with above. How can you give 10's to just about everybody?

I see it as a penalty to those we have seen that are TRULY a 10. To me a 10 is for those I remember well after a cruise is done, not that many 10's.

Agreed.

The way I see it, if everyone is a 10, then no one is really a 10.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Heymarco said:

While customer thinks an 8 is great, it is super harmful towards the score.

Which is STUPID.

Normal people do not think that way.  1 - 10, 5 is average.  Meaning, expected performance.

Only people with MBAs and no practical experience think an 8 is a failure.

• Like 4