Luggage tags

17 hours ago, goncruzn said:

I would suggest that if you do not get the luggage tags, when you fold the tags, put packing tape over the paper to make it sturdier. Once, my mother's bag was delayed until late evening because her tag had inadvertently been ripped off after we handed them over at the terminal.

Same thing happen to us.  Our cabin steward had us describe the luggage and he finally found it.  Didn’t get it until 8 or after.  I bought the plastic holders after that and they work great

I agree that the plastic tag holders are great!  I never worry that they will fall off but just in case, I also print extra copies and place them on top of my clothes inside the suitcase .

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/26/2019 at 8:28 PM, patcacmt said:

This may be a dumb question but I haven’t cruised on RCCL since they started allowing the printing of your own luggage tags. Do you print these on heavier weight paper?  I noticed the instructions on them say to staple or tape at certain points. Do they hold up well to the handling by the port guys/longshoremen who take your luggage?  

Best thing we ever bought!

Capture.JPG

On 7/26/2019 at 8:34 PM, brillohead said:

I also put two tags on each bag, one on the top handle and one on the side handle.

Better safe than sorry.

Me too. 

Twice I’ve only had one left when our luggage was delivered. 

• Like 1

On 7/27/2019 at 9:49 AM, island lady said:

One more fan of the clear plastic (reusable) luggage tags holders that Merion Mom posted.  You can also use them for your disembarkation tags.  

I am also one that does one on top handle, one on side.. ..learned that the hard way.  

I had trouble with the metal attachments, so I find using those indestructible plastic zip ties much more reliable.  

My original luggage tag holders have thick plastic loops instead of metal rings. Never have had a problem with them. 

I have the ones with plastic rings, too, and two of them on different cruises got the rings twisted badly. 

If you order the plastic luggage tag holders (I love them), it pays to go ahead and tape/laminate your printed tags (if they are color) before inserting them into the tag holders.  It depends on the printer, but I ended up going through a few tag holders because the laser color-printed sections rub off the paper and get stuck to the inside of the tag holder.  Just print, fold up your tags and put a piece of packing tape over both sides and then put it in the holder.  Never have to worry about not being able to re-use the holder again.

Many might not think it is a big deal.  Just kind of a friendly suggestion if you have never used them before.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, RCFirstTimer said:

If you order the plastic luggage tag holders (I love them), it pays to go ahead and tape/laminate your printed tags (if they are color) before inserting them into the tag holders.  It depends on the printer, but I ended up going through a few tag holders because the laser color-printed sections rub off the paper and get stuck to the inside of the tag holder.  Just print, fold up your tags and put a piece of packing tape over both sides and then put it in the holder.  Never have to worry about not being able to re-use the holder again.

Many might not think it is a big deal.  Just kind of a friendly suggestion if you have never used them before.

Good to know!  I stored mine with the printed tags inside.  Will pull out the paper tonight.