Caribbean Princess starting on July 27

CruiseVA

9 hours ago, CruiseVA said:

we both got the unlimited with our elite/plat discount $80? per device for the cruise (should have just bought the 4 device plan for less, but, whatevs...) . I'm using this little guy to share access across my laptop, tablet & phone (at night in the cabin). PITA switching between them... I know, but, hey, I'm paying for 2 people which is more than the 4 device plan! It's not like i'm typing on all 3 device at the same time (although I can, I'm like the great keyboard player Rick Wakeman - of Yes, 1970-80's awesome rock band). 

IMG_20190727_231527.jpg

How much would it have cost for the 4 device plan with the Platinum/Elite discount?

8 hours ago, villauk said:

We were literally on in minutes and we had to collect our medallions. 

We were on one of those buses, took a while but we kept moving. The non medallion sorted queue was longer. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

It’s midnight, and we’re waiting for someone to come check out our air conditioning. Neither one of us can sleep. 

Oh no! had the same issue with my AC a few weeks ago on the CB. Unfortunately nothing was done about it. My mornings consisted of a god-sent called a shower, to cool me off. But I totally understand the discomfort.

Edited by Jeter02

16 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Never have eaten there. How was it?

Anyone eaten at the Boatyard before sailng on the CB?

we drove past it ...

we enjoyed a nice, very casual lunch at the Southport Raw Bar - we got outdoor seating , had a minimal wait for a table by our request ... it was this past Mothers Day, and place was packed when we left

also pet friendly if that matters

planning on going back in December , pre SKY cruise

16 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Who said they put old card punches on the Medallion?  🤔

Why would they?

I have never heard that before.

Someone on CC mentioned that months ago .... obviously not true. I just wanted to 'protect' my 1st drink on board as a free drink for something more than a latte or long black

20 minutes ago, voljeep said:

we drove past it ...

we enjoyed a nice, very casual lunch at the Southport Raw Bar - we got outdoor seating , had a minimal wait for a table by our request ... it was this past Mothers Day, and place was packed when we left

also pet friendly if that matters

planning on going back in December , pre SKY cruise

I live in the FLL area. Yes the Southport Raw Bar is very popular down here.

14 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

Our a/c is finally cranking out cold air!

Woohoo! Glad to hear. Btw whereabouts is your cabin? Just curious if it was somewhat near the vicinity of where I stayed a few weeks ago.

13 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

It’s midnight, and we’re waiting for someone to come check out our air conditioning. Neither one of us can sleep. 

My biggest nightmare cruise scenario.  Sorry for that.  When we were on a few weeks ago,  things were fine in our cabin (lido deck inside), but some ship areas including the buffet was warmer than it should have been.

On 7/27/2019 at 10:09 AM, Ombud said:

So easy to get onboard!

Day 1 Patters:

Thanks for the patter. Really enjoy reading it no matter on board or on shore. 🙂 Looks like a lot of fun activities.

Bon Voyage!

21 hours ago, 1stCruiser said:

Having sailed on the CB 3 times, I must say the changes are really nice. It looks like a new ship!

Totally agreed. We sailed on her last Christmas, really enjoy all the new changes such as medallion and world market.

14 hours ago, CruiseVA said:

We went to anytime dining, the Sea Bassa was super salty, DW mentioned it, the Maitre'd stopped by to explain that it is NOT Chilean Sea Bass, that he hates salty food, a long conversation followed about salt, sugar & they being the cause of the downfall of civilization.  😲 The prime rib was tasty 😉

Sorry about this, the 2nd pic was too blurry...

Thanks for the menu.

You can't go wrong with prime rib. Seems it's always offered on embarkation day. Hope Princess can reduce salt in all dishes.

16 hours ago, CruiseVA said:

we both got the unlimited with our elite/plat discount $80?

CruiseVA,

Is the discount available only after you board? How much is the per day or total price before the discount?

In my personalizer I see "50% off unlimited internet", which is $10 per day, wonder if it will be cheaper if I wait for the discount to show up but not sure if this special price will still be available.

Thanks,

April

2 minutes ago, aprilsp88 said:

CruiseVA,

Is the discount available only after you board? How much is the per day or total price before the discount?

In my personalizer I see "50% off unlimited internet", which is $10 per day, wonder if it will be cheaper if I wait for the discount to show up but not sure if this special price will still be available.

Thanks,

April

It's cheaper to get the unlimited on the day you board. Comes out to be roughly $7 a day. But this 25% discount is for elite. And I wanna say Platinum as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Pepper0074 said:

Clingstone will be seen easily from the ship. It is in the East Passage just off of Jamestown and the ship will sail right passed it. In fact, you should be able to see Clingstone from the ship when she is at anchor.

That being said, a sailboat tour of Newport Harbor and Narragansett Bay is fabulous. I highly recommend Sight Sailing. They are on Bowen's Wharf.

Thank you very much for all of the information you provided and will look into the sailboat tour.

Sandy