Blue Lagoon Island Beach Break

lumpyspaceprincess

Any of you that have been on the Blue lagoon deluxe beach break (specifically through RCCL) can you tell me exactly what is included? I am trying to figure out if beach chairs are an extra cost to rent on top of the excursion price. Alternatively, it looks like the stingray encounter and beach break is much cheaper than just the beach break itself. So, same question... If I book a stingray encounter and just use the beach instead to save money, are chairs included in that ticket price? If not, how much to rent a chair and umbrella?

It seems like the descriptions on RCCL excursion pages are quite vague in my opinion. I like to know exactly what to expect so I don't end up spending more than I budgeted for the port day. Thanks to anyone who can clarify for me 🙃

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Sorry, just saw this.  We did this earlier this month.  Bought the Stingray excursion because it was cheapest and then just used the beach and chairs. 

We did actually attempt the Stingrays, but it was VERY unorganized.  We got there early and they didn't seem to be ready for business.  There was a woman in the pen with the stingray trying to "calm it down" :classic_blink:  Which seemed strange to me.  Then they started handing out life jackets, but it didn't matter where you were in line, they just handed them to whomever.  They didn't have many kids-sized life jackets and had to retrieve more.  So while others behind us in line were already in the pen with the Stingrays, we had to wait for them to get more kids-sized life jackets.  After about 10 minutes, we just left and went to the beach. 

But yes, the chairs and umbrellas are "free".  They also have a water park on one part of the beach.  That was an extra $20/pp to use.  Beautiful beaches though.  Enjoy!

Karen

• Like 1

On 8/27/2019 at 10:53 AM, DKLI said:

Sorry, just saw this.  We did this earlier this month.  Bought the Stingray excursion because it was cheapest and then just used the beach and chairs. 

Are you saying the Stingray Excursion is cheaper than the Beach Break? We have gone two times which was a few years ago and when we went the cheapest excursion was the Beach Break.  I don’t recall seeing a Stingray  excursion, only a dolphin excursion other  than the beach break.

Edited by Charles4515

i have only done this excursion once.  And maybe it was me, but the only beache i found was the one that is more of a lagoon, where the stingray excursion is located. It had currents that you had to be careful of, or you would get pulled out to sea.  Did I miss something? We enjoyed the food and hammocks. But as much as we love beaches, that was not idea of fun, fighting a constant current.

Are there other beautiful beaches there that we missed ???

1 hour ago, cruzn buckeye said:

i have only done this excursion once.  And maybe it was me, but the only beache i found was the one that is more of a lagoon, where the stingray excursion is located. It had currents that you had to be careful of, or you would get pulled out to sea.  Did I miss something? We enjoyed the food and hammocks. But as much as we love beaches, that was not idea of fun, fighting a constant current.

Are there other beautiful beaches there that we missed ???

The swim area for the beach break is very calm. No currents,  I don’t know where they do the stingray excursion. Apparently that is something new they added in the last couple of years. The area where we swam is labeled swim area next to the aqua park. It is pretty protected so I don’t see where you could be swept out to sea. On the other side where it is labeled snorkel area they labeled as a more private beach but we just looked as it was not calm.  The map does not have the stingrays on it so I am not sure where you were. 

11C7BEC3-07D8-4976-AE0E-94F1B7CF04BB.jpeg

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

Here are a couple of photos. Most of the people were doing the Dolphin excursion but some  so we pretty much had the beautiful beach to ourselves.  Shallow and calm. 

So I just looked at my cruise planner and the Stingrays and Beach is less than the Beach Break. Hmm. Perhaps the Stingrays does not include lunch. But we could skip that if we can do the beach alone. Very interesting. 

68A3388E-405E-45CA-93C9-F051685ECFF0.jpeg

FE83C073-7C1B-42C1-A952-D3F5075F65A1.jpeg

Edited by Charles4515

We've gone several times but over the years, they keep up charging. Loved it the first year.  The lagoon is great if you have younger kids.  The first time we went everything was included (not dolphins etc.) but last time we went they wanted us to pay an additional $80+ per child to use the kayaks and inflatable area (after we had paid $99/person).  I would not return.  Before you book, clarify what it includes. Ideally, you'd want lunch, two drinks, water park + kayaks/boating included.

26 minutes ago, cosmolulu1 said:

We've gone several times but over the years, they keep up charging. Loved it the first year.  The lagoon is great if you have younger kids.  The first time we went everything was included (not dolphins etc.) but last time we went they wanted us to pay an additional $80+ per child to use the kayaks and inflatable area (after we had paid $99/person).  I would not return.  Before you book, clarify what it includes. Ideally, you'd want lunch, two drinks, water park + kayaks/boating included.

For us, we are not taking kids so we don’t need the water park, just the beach. We don’t need lunch either since we will be in Nassau 7:30 to 2:30. We can wait to get back to the ship for food. So if we can do what Karen posted in #2 above, the Stingray and Beach we would save a lot. If it does not include lunch fine with me. The two times we had lunch I only had the lunch because it was included. The lunch was meh. 

On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 4:37 PM, Charles4515 said:

Are you saying the Stingray Excursion is cheaper than the Beach Break? We have gone two times which was a few years ago and when we went the cheapest excursion was the Beach Break.  I don’t recall seeing a Stingray  excursion, only a dolphin excursion other  than the beach break.

Hi,  Yes, as a Royal Caribbean excursion, the Stingray excursion was the cheapest way to get to that beach.  Read it on here somewhere and it panned out.  Lunch not included, but there's a café type place on the island where we had lunch, not expensive, food was good.  They have a buffet that I think was around $22/pp or you could pay per item.  Waitress service.  Typical beach food.  Beach did have a current, but not enough to "pull you out to sea".  Hope that helps.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, DKLI said:

Hi,  Yes, as a Royal Caribbean excursion, the Stingray excursion was the cheapest way to get to that beach.  Read it on here somewhere and it panned out.  Lunch not included, but there's a café type place on the island where we had lunch, not expensive, food was good.  They have a buffet that I think was around $22/pp or you could pay per item.  Waitress service.  Typical beach food.  Beach did have a current, but not enough to "pull you out to sea".  Hope that helps.

Yes, helps a lot. The beach area you were at on the island.....was it the area in my photos above that is next to the water park? 

18 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

Yes, helps a lot. The beach area you were at on the island.....was it the area in my photos above that is next to the water park? 

Yes. That's where we were, but down a little further, almost to the bridge area. 

We also took a walk to the other side of the island (not far at all) because people were saying that's where the "good snorkeling" was.  It's the area that says "Snorkel Area" on the map above.  Chairs and umbrellas are set up over there as well.  We did see some more fish there and a guy said he saw a lobster, but it was VERY rocky on that side, so bring water shoes if you plan to head over there to explore.  Beautiful views there as well.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DKLI said:

Yes. That's where we were, but down a little further, almost to the bridge area. 

We also took a walk to the other side of the island (not far at all) because people were saying that's where the "good snorkeling" was.  It's the area that says "Snorkel Area" on the map above.  Chairs and umbrellas are set up over there as well.  We did see some more fish there and a guy said he saw a lobster, but it was VERY rocky on that side, so bring water shoes if you plan to head over there to explore.  Beautiful views there as well.

I have seen the other side where it says snorkel area but did not use that area because we preferred the non snorkel area beach.  So we will book the Stingrays and beach then and use the Swim area chairs. We have a large group and some might even be interested in the Stingrays. Last time some of our group did the Dolphins and then came and joined us on in the swim area beach. Thank you for your replies. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1