7-25-19 Thursday Weigh-In....Last Weigh-In Of July.

Belle

Summer Fun is still coming in August you know

So we still need to say to some food and drinks..NO

You don't need a lot of food and drink in the summer sun

A little will do and you still will have summer fun

Exercise they say is a must for most days

Just do it but do it your own way

Hope you all enjoy your day with  a smile 

A bottle of water in hand and walk a mile

OR

Enjoy your day relaxing, reading with ice tea in hand

Listen to music be it a singer or a band

It's Summer have fun one and all this week

Just keep to your plan you want and seek

F...Family, friends and alone time
U...Under an umbrella by the water or your own backyard
N...Not overeating..you'll feel great

• Like 1

My weight this morning is 221lb.  Down 3 pounds this week😁.

I think I put in last week that I am doing low carbohydrates.  Well, I'm worried about the next week or so (7/26-8/4).  Will be staying / visiting with my brother, sister, and niece. 

I know I will be drinking while with my brother.  Am thinking my lowest carb option is light beer.  Is this right?

Any recommendations how to stick with diet while visiting others?  It's easier here because I buy the groceries.  I'm down a total of 14lb and worried that I will put it all back on over those 11 days visiting relatives.  I am going grocery shopping on 7/28 or 7/29 with my niece.  I can try to buy stuff that day I guess.  Probably will be staying with brother, but going to nieces home during the day while he works and he will probably come to her house for dinner.

I won't have a scale while I'm down there so I won't be weighing in next Thursday.

Rambling, rambling, rambling ........ Sorry.  

I hope everyone had a good week .

Hello,

Belle, great thoughts for summer. It's so hot here though we aren't outside too much. Blah.

I gained 2 lbs. this week. eek, not the right direction 2 weeks before our cruise. Ugh! Maybe too much eating out  or too much salt. I didn't think I ate that badly last week. Hopefully it goes away next week. 

Jan, know how you feel.

Jasonmom, good loss. 

Have a good day, Diana

Edited by winewanderer

Good morning everyone! No loss for me this week but nothing gained either so I'll take it. Usually when I start a Jillian Michael's program, I gain weight in the first week. Definitely feeling the workouts - stiff and sore all over. 

Belle - Love the little poem. Hope you are enjoying your summer as well!

Jan - maybe a change in the diet will help get unstuck? I've read a lot about plateauing and sometimes you just need a little surprise to the system to get things going again. 

Jasonmom - Congratulations on your loss this week! Try to enjoy your time with your family and not worry about weight too much. Eat lots of veggies and as low carb you can. Not sure about the alcohol... I drink wine. 🙂

Diana - Hopefully your heat wave subsides soon. Wow only 2 weeks until your cruise! That's so exciting. I have 66 long days to wait. 

Hey y'all! @Jasonmom My family is from WV. Mom is from Ripley and Dad from Kenna!!! Love to see WV in the house 🙂

Belle - thanks for getting us started this week!

Jan and Robin - I'll take staying the same any time!

Jasonmom - great job on the loss. If I'm having dinner or spending the night at my sister's (we live in the same town) she'll ask if I need/want anything special. I wouldn't hesitate to tell your family if you need/want things OR just take them in a cooler. I don't think it's rude and you'll be prepared. As for alcohol, here is a great cheat sheet:

Capture.PNG.08d953b437ad3f89915bd30b084e30cf.PNG

Diana - gaining is super frustrating. Do you track your calories? There are days when I'm like "I feel like I ate well" then I put it in my tracker and I'm like "X$!&" 🙂

My weekly summary:

Thurs - 1160 cal eaten, no gym = -160

Friday - 1561 cal eaten, 288 burned at the gym = -273

Sat - 943 cal eaten, 594 burned at the gym = 651

Sun - 1097 cal eaten, no gym = -97

Mon - 1057 cal eaten, no gym = -57

Tue - 1208 cal eaten, 304 burned at gym = 96

Wed - 1322 cal eaten, no gym = -322

For the week down 2lbs. Over the past two months down 4.6lbs. I posted over in the Fashion forum about finding some bikini tops for big busted women. Adding it below in case any of y'all have that issue:  "I was going to start a new thread but thought this might be an appropriate spot. I am not plus size but I do have a large chest (40" so DD or DDD depending on the the manufacturer). However, my band size is only 33. I have a very tough time finding tops that provide coverage, are cute and supportive (mine are God given). The ones I like normally run $60 a piece! Just for the top...NO WAY!!!

This year I feel like I hit the jackpot. Venus.com has a halter bikini top available for $26.99!  You can select your band size and cup size up to DDD! I also had luck at Kohls of all places. I was able to find an Apt.9 D-Cup top. Comes is S-XXL with a few different fabric options. I got the Large and it fits perfectly. I used the size guide on the site."

Edited by JennyB1977

Belle - great motivator poem

Jasonsmom 👍

To all those suffering thru hot weather, hoping I bring California cool down to you back East

Jenny, 34DDD here ... prefer Skarlett Blue because I do better in a demi. When I lose (notice I didn't say IF) they still fit. 

Stuck at 31" and cruise starts tomorrow.  So I might be MIA for 2 weeks focusing on distance rather than measuring. Oops meant measuring me not food. Limited low cal options onboard 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, JennyB1977 said:

Hey y'all! @Jasonmom My family is from WV. Mom is from Ripley and Dad from Kenna!!! Love to see WV in the house 🙂

I think those are up above Charleston.  I'm all the way in the southern point in the state.  For anyone who hasn't been to WV, it is a beautiful state and can make for a good vacation spot if you ever get tired of cruising (LOL).

46 minutes ago, JennyB1977 said:

Jasonmom - great job on the loss. If I'm having dinner or spending the night at my sister's (we live in the same town) she'll ask if I need/want anything special. I wouldn't hesitate to tell your family if you need/want things OR just take them in a cooler. I don't think it's rude and you'll be prepared. As for alcohol, here is a great cheat sheet:

Capture.PNG.08d953b437ad3f89915bd30b084e30cf.PNG

Thanks for the info.

My weekly summary:

Thurs - 1160 cal eaten, no gym = -160

Friday - 1561 cal eaten, 288 burned at the gym = -273

Sat - 943 cal eaten, 594 burned at the gym = 651

Sun - 1097 cal eaten, no gym = -97

Mon - 1057 cal eaten, no gym = -57

Tue - 1208 cal eaten, 304 burned at gym = 96

Wed - 1322 cal eaten, no gym = -322

My brain isn't working the best at the moment.  What are the red and green numbers at the end of each line?

Congratulations on your weight loss.

Robin, no gain is good.

Jasonmom,  I hope you don't gain that weight back visiting family. Obviously you worked hard to lost it. Suggest is buying some healthy foods to have around and try to stay active.

Jenny, thay for the head's up about calories. Not as stringent with that stuff. 

Ombud. Cruising tomorrow? Have a great trip. 

Diana

• Thanks 1

I'll give y'all an idea of a X$!& moment from today 😞 I packed my lunch. Bagged salad, measured out the croutons and dressing. Get to the office and there is some blue cheese dressing (I LOVE BC). I added a bit to the salad. It added 300 calories. My 225 calorie lunch became 525. Therefore, I had to forego the ice cream social at work and dinner will be the white meat from a rotisserie chicken and broccoli LOL Live and learn...🤦‍♀️

Edited by JennyB1977
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi all. This is my first weigh in, so here's a little info on me.

My birthday last year I hit my heaviest, 202 lbs on a 5'1" frame. I decided it was time to lose weight, and I have been going in the right direction, but only the tiniest bit every month. I finally got down to 197.8 on June 15. I started to amp it up, have lost 17 pounds since then, and weighed in at 180.8 this morning! If I can lose 10 more pounds, I will weigh the same as I did on my last cruise 9 years ago... maybe I won't have to buy a new formal dress! 😊

• Like 5

Hi! This is my first post with this group. I have three months to lose as much as I can (i don't have enough time to achieve my final goal, oh well!). 

Anyway, I've been "losing" for about 6 weeks now. Last week was tricky as I gained due to TOM and lots of summer walking (retained water in sore muscles). But today I've weighed in at my lightest for quite a while!

SW: 255

CW: 234.4

GW: 140?

• Like 4

3 hours ago, melmar02 said:

Hi all. This is my first weigh in, so here's a little info on me.

My birthday last year I hit my heaviest, 202 lbs on a 5'1" frame. I decided it was time to lose weight, and I have been going in the right direction, but only the tiniest bit every month. I finally got down to 197.8 on June 15. I started to amp it up, have lost 17 pounds since then, and weighed in at 180.8 this morning! If I can lose 10 more pounds, I will weigh the same as I did on my last cruise 9 years ago... maybe I won't have to buy a new formal dress! 😊

Wow.  You kept going when your weight loss was slow.  That is impressive.  And now to loose 17lb sinse June 15th.  That's incredible.  How did you amp it up?  

2 hours ago, CruisinCampbells said:

Hi! This is my first post with this group. I have three months to lose as much as I can (i don't have enough time to achieve my final goal, oh well!). 

Anyway, I've been "losing" for about 6 weeks now. Last week was tricky as I gained due to TOM and lots of summer walking (retained water in sore muscles). But today I've weighed in at my lightest for quite a while!

SW: 255

CW: 234.4

GW: 140?

Hello and welcome.  

What is TOM, SW, CW, and GW.  

• Like 1

Thanks for the poem Belle! Once again I didn't lose anything. I was still dieting hard, got in 5 exercise classes plus what I do at home. I am so frustrated!
I too would like to know how you (melmar02) lost 17 lbs. since June 15th.

Hello Everyone. New week starting. Good loss's to all.

This week I lost a pound. I'm happy because a few days I could of done better.

Glad you like my poems to start our weigh-ins. Thanks.

Melmar..Welcome. Your doing a good job on your weight loss.

Cruisibcampells..Welcome.  Your doing a good job too. Yes what ever you lose before cruise is good.

Jan..Not gaining is always a good thing. You'll get back in the grove.

Jasonsmom..Great loss this week. Enjoy your vacation with family. Just try to eat less and say no sometimes.

Diana..Maybe water weight because of the heat. Your going to get it off soon. 2 weeks till cruise. Lucky.

Robin..As I told Jan not gaining is good. Your cruise will be here before you know it.

Jenny..Good loss this week. Nice you keep track of everything. Congrats on finding a bikini top you like.

Ombud..Bon Voyage!

Cruise42..Could be all the exercise, body holding on to water.Your working hard. Losing inches maybe.

Everyone have a good Friday and weekend!:classic_smile: Maybe one of these🍷But try not to use these to much🍴:classic_laugh:

• Like 1

Happy Friday everyone! Hope you all have a great weekend! 

Belle - Congrats on your loss!

CruisinCampbells - Welcome. Congrats on your loss so far. Your Goal weight and mine are the same! We can do it!

Melmar - Welcome and congrats on your success! However you amped up your routine, it's definitely working!

Jenny - Good loss! Are you on MyFitnessPal? That is where I track my calories. Sometimes it can be so shocking how much can be in something so small like some salad dressing. 

• Like 1

Hi all!

Belle ~ nice start to the thread, thanks.

Nice to see some new people & more sharing of info.

I, for some reason, am down 0.8 lbs his week & don't know why. Maybe I perspired some weight away as I ate pretty much what I wanted!

RobinCruiser ~ I've used MFP & so has shootr. It is shocking how many calories are in some items!

Nice to see a couple more Canadians on the thread!

Bon Voyage to those of you cruising soon!

Have a nice weekend. I'm going to a Christmas in July dinner tomorrow so who knows how that'll figure next Thursday!!

~ Jo ~ 😊

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jasonmom said:

Wow.  You kept going when your weight loss was slow.  That is impressive.  And now to loose 17lb sinse June 15th.  That's incredible.  How did you amp it up?  

16 hours ago, cruises42 said:

I too would like to know how you (melmar02) lost 17 lbs. since June 15th.

I did a few things - I started eating low/no carb, and I started mostly intermittent fasting. I also stopped drinking soda and really upped my water intake. During the week I have a cup of coffee with heavy cream, a late lunch (usually a salad with meat on it, or leftover whatever meat we had the night before and lots of veggies), and then for dinner I have some sort of meat entree and lots of veggies. I add in full fat cheese and almonds as snacks between lunch and dinner if I need it. I try to eat lunch and dinner between 1pm and 7pm. My husband is doing South Beach so dinners have been easy so far, and I just make the kids a little cous cous or garlic bread for a quick grain. On the weekends, I eat breakfast lunch and dinner with the family, but I still keep it low carb - for example I'll scramble eggs for everyone but I'll just skip the toast. I have a cheat meal once a week - tonight we're going to a baseball game, so I'll be enjoying nachos, a hamburger, and a beer. After a few weeks, I can tell a big difference in that I'm not craving bread and sugar anymore. I could even go without ice cream which was a big craving for me before. 

7 hours ago, melmar02 said:

I did a few things - I started eating low/no carb, and I started mostly intermittent fasting. I also stopped drinking soda and really upped my water intake. During the week I have a cup of coffee with heavy cream, a late lunch (usually a salad with meat on it, or leftover whatever meat we had the night before and lots of veggies), and then for dinner I have some sort of meat entree and lots of veggies. I add in full fat cheese and almonds as snacks between lunch and dinner if I need it. I try to eat lunch and dinner between 1pm and 7pm. My husband is doing South Beach so dinners have been easy so far, and I just make the kids a little cous cous or garlic bread for a quick grain. On the weekends, I eat breakfast lunch and dinner with the family, but I still keep it low carb - for example I'll scramble eggs for everyone but I'll just skip the toast. I have a cheat meal once a week - tonight we're going to a baseball game, so I'll be enjoying nachos, a hamburger, and a beer. After a few weeks, I can tell a big difference in that I'm not craving bread and sugar anymore. I could even go without ice cream which was a big craving for me before. 

Thanks for answering.  I guess I really hold on to weight. I'm dieting pretty hard and do IF but nothing seems to work.

13 hours ago, cruises42 said:

Thanks for answering.  I guess I really hold on to weight. I'm dieting pretty hard and do IF but nothing seems to work.

I tried a 16 hour fast for a week or two and didn't see any change at all. It wasn't until I went to about 18 hours that I noticed a difference. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Belle said:

Wake Up It's Sat. a day of Fun:classic_smile: or a day of Cleaning house!:classic_sad:

Take your pick!:classic_rolleyes: Know my pick.🍷 (filled with Ice Tea) Planning cruises.🚢

What's your pick?:classic_smile:

What would I pick, or what am I actually doing? DH and I got up and went for a walk, I started a load of laundry, and just finished a short free weight workout. I gained last night at the ballgame which was expected, so there was no skipping today's workout. I still have to go grocery shopping, do dishes, and fold Mount Washmore today. BUT... we just booked a cruise for February, and we are taking my mother in law. It's her first cruise, and it embarks on her birthday! I'm sure I'll make time to send her sample menus or photos today; she's so excited!