Taxis at Monte Carlo

MarcyLondon

I disembarked in Monte Carlo last summer and we were told that taxis were scarce and it was better to arrange transportation in advance. We were staying in France for a while so we rented a car. The rental office was walking distance from the ship

I’m also interested BUT FOR US WE WANT TO TAKE A TAXI FROM GARE DE MONACO

TO THE CRUISE TERMINAL. Taxis should be plentiful at cruise terminal but O am having a hard time with finding taxi service 

at the station. Been to Monaco on the train a lot but we always walk everywhere, this time with our luggage it is underground 

and where do you go to get the taxi?

Demise😊

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Go-Bucks! said:

To just tour around town or go to an airport?

sorry should have said straight from the ship to the airport. Was told by my cruise agent that there aren't normally many taxis at the port. So more info please and recommendations for taxi companies if needed

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 7:47 AM, MarcyLondon said:

Booked an Oceania cruise that ends in Monte Carlo. Does anyone know if there are many taxis there or can recommend a company to pre-book?

Marcy

We used this company:

www.nice-airport-transfer.fr/

It is 80Euro - we had 4 people so it was 20 Euro/pp - very reasonable and efficient

Perhaps you can find someone on your roll call to share the cost but even at 80 Euro it is reasonable.

I pay more than that for an airport transfer from my home to the airport here in the Bay Area 😥

Edited by Paulchili

It's easy, although a little confusing......... follow the link I've posted below, it's in french but scroll down and click the "Plan de la gare" pdf link........the exit you need to head to  is the Parvis St Devote.  Don't panic when you get there as there is nothing apart from  a taxi phone point (Borne d'appel taxis).....pick up the phone and order a cab, we waited ten minutes to get a taxi to the ship and it cost us €15.

https://www.gares-sncf.com/fr/gare/frxmm/monaco-monte-carlo/plan-de-la-gare

• Thanks 1

On 7/25/2019 at 10:47 AM, MarcyLondon said:

Booked an Oceania cruise that ends in Monte Carlo. Does anyone know if there are many taxis there or can recommend a company to pre-book?

Marcy

We have disembarked often in Monaco...yes there always are taxis at the port. However, they are not plentiful..you just have to wait at the taxi stand. In the past, we have been charged 15 Euros anywhere in town. For the Nice airport, we usually go to the Place de Armes and take a relatively inexpensive express airport bus. It is really great! Happy travels! Hi 

11 minutes ago, seacruiser123 said:

For the Nice airport, we usually go to the Place de Armes and take a relatively inexpensive express airport bus.

Do you take a taxi to the bus station or schlep your bags there?

Also depends on whether one is flying out of Nice or staying there; if flying out, timing might be important as the bus option would be longer and not as frequent as a taxi/private transfer.

9 hours ago, Paulchili said:

Do you take a taxi to the bus station or schlep your bags there?

Also depends on whether one is flying out of Nice or staying there; if flying out, timing might be important as the bus option would be longer and not as frequent as a taxi/private transfer.

We take a taxi (or our free hotel shuttle if staying in Monaco)..it is an express bus to /from Nice Airport, runs continuously thru the day and takes a little over 30 mins at around 20 Euros. Honestly, we have used it for the last 10 yrs and love it’s convenience.

16 minutes ago, seacruiser123 said:

We take a taxi (or our free hotel shuttle if staying in Monaco)..it is an express bus to /from Nice Airport, runs continuously thru the day and takes a little over 30 mins at around 20 Euros. Honestly, we have used it for the last 10 yrs and love it’s convenience.

I agree - it is a good option for those that travel lightly or are able to handle their luggage with ease. Others might find it easier and more convenient, albeit more expensive, to go straight from the pier to the airport with a taxi/transfer (that said, we also paid only 20 Euro/pp for our private transfer from pier to airport as we were a group of 4 people in a private van).

Nice to know all the options and have a choice depending on one’s individual situation.

Edited by Paulchili

8 hours ago, Paulchili said:

I agree - it is a good option for those that travel lightly or are able to handle their luggage with ease. Others might find it easier and more convenient, albeit more expensive, to go straight from the pier to the airport with a taxi/transfer (that said, we also paid only 20 Euro/pp for our private transfer from pier to airport as we were a group of 4 people in a private van).

Nice to know all the options and have a choice depending on one’s individual situation.

Yes, if you are 4, I also agree that  definitely a private transfer is the way to go. In our case, we are 2 and this is way less expensive. Note that we do not travel lightly and this is not an issue- this bus is super easy & drops you at the airport doorstep. Luggage is not a factor. 

6 hours ago, carlsbadguy said:

Going the other way is Uber my best option. Flying in a day early and spending the night in Nice, so need transportation from my hotel to the pier in Monaco.

Yes. But note (at least until last year) Uber was not an option within Monaco itself. The taxi union is strong & they have it blocked. Our hotel is in the Monaco area but right on the fringe. Our hotel told us to go to the extreme end of the hotel to be able to tap into Uber. So from Nice to Monaco, it may be a good option but not vice-versa...again at least until last year.