Rumored Itinerary Change for Jan 5th Allure of the Seas

hmmm, just got email about Roatan being dropped on our Western cruise the week before.  We were on her in May and had St Thomas dropped from our Eastern trip with San Juan subbed.  I honestly thought RCCL would have fixed this azipod issue by now, but apparently I expected too much.  They had told us it would be repaired in the fall 😞

Yes our Roatan has been replaced with Nassau (New Years Eve).  Port days and cruise days have been flip flopped.  I understand when emergencies happen and they have to make changes, but they have known about this since at least April.  Still happy to be cruising, but I think that they should have fixed the problem instead of changing everyone's plans for the last several months.

Our Jan 5th 2020 Oasis was reordered.  I'm pretty frustrated as the new itinerary is not nearly as good for what we have organized before/after the cruise (we wanted to end on Labadee, not start with it, we did not want the two sea days at the end, either).  Not sure there's any recourse, but it's very frustrating.  Here's the notice:

Dear Guest,

We’re really looking forward to welcoming you onboard Oasis of the Seas and wanted to share some itinerary changes with you.

Our sister ship, Allure of the Seas, has a technical limitation which lowers her maximum speed. Over the past few weeks, we’ve been working feverishly to find alternate ports for Allure’s sailings. Now you’re probably wondering, “what does this have to do with my cruise?” Well, since we had to change Allure’s itineraries, some ports will now have more ships than originally planned. So, to ensure you have a wonderful time in each destination with less crowding, we’ve rearranged the order we’ll visit each port. The good news – you’ll have additional time to enjoy each one! Oh yeah!

Overall, we’ve had to make changes to 30+ itineraries and yours is one of them. (Talk about “ship” happening!) Below, please find our new itinerary for January 5, 2020 on Oasis of the Seas.

Day

Port of Call

Arrive

Depart

Sun

Miami, Florida

4:30 PM

Mon

Cruising

Tue

Labadee, Haiti

7:00 AM

4:00 PM

Wed

San Juan, Puerto Rico

1:00 PM

9:30 PM

Thu

Philipsburg, St. Maarten

8:00 AM

6:00 PM

Fri

Cruising

Sat

Cruising

Sun

Miami, Florida

6:00 AM

Not sure what to do with your extra time? How about an exciting ride down Dragon’s Tail Roller Coaster for a spectacular view of Labadee? Or, if you’re looking for a more relaxing retreat, melt the stress away with Labadee’s signature drink, the “Labadoozie”. Next, uncover one of Puerto Rico’s richest historical landmarks, El Morro, or explore the countryside on a 4x4. Then, we’ll make our way over to Charlotte Amalie where you can unwind while taking in harbor views, explore colonial landmarks like Blackbeard’s Castle, or sip on some local lager at a quaint microbrewery. Either way, adventure awaits!

Our Shore Excursions team will reschedule any impacted Royal Caribbean International shore excursions that you’ve already pre-paid. In the next few days, you’ll receive an email with your updated excursion details. Then, feel free to continue browsing the many options available for your vacation in Cruise Planner!

Thank you for your understanding!

11 minutes ago, cruisegirl1976 said:

Just got the email for our Feb 2nd cruise.. St. Kitts was dropped and San Juan added.

Also on the Feb. 2 cruise.  I have not received an email but logged into my account and saw the same thing.  I am disappointed because we have been to both of those places but never to St. Kitts.  St. Kitts was one reason I booked this date.  I had already booked an excursion at St. Kitts so wonder will they refund my money or just do onboard credit.

4 minutes ago, Dinda said:

Also on the Feb. 2 cruise.  I have not received an email but logged into my account and saw the same thing.  I am disappointed because we have been to both of those places but never to St. Kitts.  St. Kitts was one reason I booked this date.  I had already booked an excursion at St. Kitts so wonder will they refund my money or just do onboard credit.

they will refund it.. that's what it said in the email...  I was supposed to be on the Oasis Feb 2nd sailing .. but that ship got chartered.. so we had no choice but to go on the Allure.. 

4 hours ago, A boat named Jenny 1 said:

Yes our Roatan has been replaced with Nassau (New Years Eve).  Port days and cruise days have been flip flopped.  I understand when emergencies happen and they have to make changes, but they have known about this since at least April.  Still happy to be cruising, but I think that they should have fixed the problem instead of changing everyone's plans for the last several months.

I assume that your cruise was more than 7 nights. Roatan is off the Yucatán and Nassau is in the Bahamas. 

Edited by later

3 hours ago, A boat named Jenny 1 said:

Instead of …"Over the past few weeks, we’ve been working feverishly to find alternate ports for Allure’s sailings"  Maybe work feverishly to fix the problem.  

Truth.

Just checked out cruise on cruise planner  on December 22nd on Allure and we were supposed to go to St Thomas and they have changed it to San Juan.  Must have just happened because the shore excursions are still showing St. Thomas.  This really doesn't sit well with me.  I booked this intinary for St Thomas, not San Juan.  And who knows if San Juan will even be available in December with all the unrest.! 2 years of planning and they are changing it.  Oh, well at least I get to spend Christmas with my grandkids.  

Many of us thought that when the ports were changed on our  June Allure cruise from St Thomas to San Juan, that this would continue on until dry dock, but others felt it was going to be until October only.   We were disappointed in missing St Thomas and going to San Juan again, and adding to the discomfort, San Juan was a short port day,

There were many on our cruise and others with our itinerary who wondered why we were still going to St Kitts when it was a greater distance than St Thomas?  Well, for whatever reason, Allure is now going to St Thomas instead of St Kitts.  

None of us like changes to our itineraries as many of us booked a cruise based on the itinerary,  but what can we do when the change is made past final payment or even if before final payment with a non-refundable deposit?  I guess the simple answer is to enjoy the ship, the cruise for what it's worth and book another one for the port we wanted to visit.

I feel fortunate that we changed our January cruise from Allure to Harmony when we found out about the azipod problems as I did believe we would not get to the original ports.  Fortunately, we were in a group rate which had a refundable deposit, so we changed to Harmony.

Hopefully, there won't be a problem with azipods on Harmony and we will get where we are supposed to go.

4 hours ago, Tinious said:

Our Jan 5th 2020 Oasis was reordered.  I'm pretty frustrated as the new itinerary is not nearly as good for what we have organized before/after the cruise (we wanted to end on Labadee, not start with it, we did not want the two sea days at the end, either).  Not sure there's any recourse, but it's very frustrating.  Here's the notice:

Dear Guest,

We’re really looking forward to welcoming you onboard Oasis of the Seas and wanted to share some itinerary changes with you.

Our sister ship, Allure of the Seas, has a technical limitation which lowers her maximum speed. Over the past few weeks, we’ve been working feverishly to find alternate ports for Allure’s sailings. Now you’re probably wondering, “what does this have to do with my cruise?” Well, since we had to change Allure’s itineraries, some ports will now have more ships than originally planned. So, to ensure you have a wonderful time in each destination with less crowding, we’ve rearranged the order we’ll visit each port. The good news – you’ll have additional time to enjoy each one! Oh yeah!

Overall, we’ve had to make changes to 30+ itineraries and yours is one of them. (Talk about “ship” happening!) Below, please find our new itinerary for January 5, 2020 on Oasis of the Seas.

Day

Port of Call

Arrive

Depart

Sun

Miami, Florida

4:30 PM

Mon

Cruising

Tue

Labadee, Haiti

7:00 AM

4:00 PM

Wed

San Juan, Puerto Rico

1:00 PM

9:30 PM

Thu

Philipsburg, St. Maarten

8:00 AM

6:00 PM

Fri

Cruising

Sat

Cruising

Sun

Miami, Florida

6:00 AM

Not sure what to do with your extra time? How about an exciting ride down Dragon’s Tail Roller Coaster for a spectacular view of Labadee? Or, if you’re looking for a more relaxing retreat, melt the stress away with Labadee’s signature drink, the “Labadoozie”. Next, uncover one of Puerto Rico’s richest historical landmarks, El Morro, or explore the countryside on a 4x4. Then, we’ll make our way over to Charlotte Amalie where you can unwind while taking in harbor views, explore colonial landmarks like Blackbeard’s Castle, or sip on some local lager at a quaint microbrewery. Either way, adventure awaits!

Our Shore Excursions team will reschedule any impacted Royal Caribbean International shore excursions that you’ve already pre-paid. In the next few days, you’ll receive an email with your updated excursion details. Then, feel free to continue browsing the many options available for your vacation in Cruise Planner!

Thank you for your understanding!

Hello,   I am on this same schedule but ours is in march 2020  I wonder if ours will change also? 

3 hours ago, dakram said:

Hello,   I am on this same schedule but ours is in march 2020  I wonder if ours will change also? 

Doubtful.

We (Allure) leave for Spain on March 1. No Caribbean ports.

3 hours ago, dakram said:

By March 14, 2020, Allure will be in (or on the way to)  dry dock, so should not longer be affecting itineraries.