Oasis 8 Dec Itinerary Change

Just received this.  Same ports - different days.

Dear Guest,

We're really looking forward to welcoming you onboard Oasis of the Seas and wanted to share some itinerary changes with you.

Our sister ship, Allure of the Seas, has a technical limitation which lowers her maximum speed. Over the past few weeks, we've been working feverishly to find alternate ports for Allure's sailings. Now you're probably wondering, "what does this have to do with my cruise?" Well, since we had to change Allure's itineraries, some ports will now have more ships than originally planned. So, to ensure you have a wonderful time in each destination with less crowding, we've rearranged the order we'll visit each port. The good news – you'll have additional time to enjoy each one! Oh yeah!

Overall, we've had to make changes to 30+ itineraries and yours is one of them. (Talk about "ship" happening!) Below, please find our new itinerary for December 8, 2019 on Oasis of the Seas.

Day

Port of Call

Arrive

Depart

Sun

Miami, Florida

4:30 PM

Mon

Cruising

Tue

Labadee, Haiti

7:00 AM

4:00 PM

Wed

San Juan, Puerto Rico

1:00 PM

9:30 PM

Thu

Philipsburg, St. Maarten

8:00 AM

6:00 PM

Fri

Cruising

Sat

Cruising

Sun

Miami, Florida

6:00 AM

21 minutes ago, SamTimeDining said:

Anyone else thinking Royal is getting a little loose with their e-mail etiquette? Maybe the college interns are writing these? 😂

Pretty soon, they'll start using twitter/text msg abbreviations.

"Thx 4 ur biz. Sme iten chgs in the wrks"

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Now that Allure's propulsion issues are affecting other ships, any chance they'll fast-track the repairs?

Or is it just easier to make the itinerary  changes permanent going forward?

2 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Now that Allure's propulsion issues are affecting other ships, any chance they'll fast-track the repairs? ...

I'm sure they have that planned for as soon as possible.

Can’t believe the wording! If I’d received something like that, I’d be seriously wondering about where it had come from! Surely no self respecting company would allow such an unprofessionally worded email to be distributed with their name on.

What sort of company image does this put forward to customers?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

That they cater to hipster/millennial.

People need to be "woke" to the latest slang, otherwise they will be "shook" and start throwing "shade" at RCL.

Full disclosure: I had to google millennial-speak and still not sure if I'm using the words  correctly.  But I did get "turnt" when doing so (I think).

• Haha 1

On 7/25/2019 at 12:55 PM, SamTimeDining said:

Anyone else thinking Royal is getting a little loose with their e-mail etiquette? Maybe the college interns are writing these? 😂

I think it's delightful. I'd much rather have a fun, upbeat, positive message like this than some stuffy, impersonal bit of corporate speak. It's well-written and creative. Have you seen the letter they wrote during the whole drink package debacle? It was brilliant (and not written by an intern)!

• Like 3

On 7/25/2019 at 1:04 PM, 100th Meridian said:

Port times are worse though

I'm not on the cruise, so I don't know the original port times.   But I disagree.  I think they're pretty good.  We were in San Juan from 8am-2pm.  I'd much rather have 1pm to 9:30 pm.  You have time to go to the beach, or rainforest, etc, and/or go to one of the many nice restaurants in Old San Juan for a nice dinner and a Pina Colada or two! 

As for Labadee, those are the same hours we did and they were fine.  

St. Maarten...8am to 6 pm also sounds great.  If you're into watching the planes land, the big jets come in the afternoon, so plenty of time. Or go to one of the many beautiful beaches.  

Anyway, like I said I'm not on that cruise so I don't know the original itinerary, but goes to show how subjective these things are.  I would love those port times.  😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, papaflamingo said:

I'm not on the cruise, so I don't know the original port times.   But I disagree.  I think they're pretty good.  We were in San Juan from 8am-2pm.  I'd much rather have 1pm to 9:30 pm.  You have time to go to the beach, or rainforest, etc, and/or go to one of the many nice restaurants in Old San Juan for a nice dinner and a Pina Colada or two! 

As for Labadee, those are the same hours we did and they were fine.  

St. Maarten...8am to 6 pm also sounds great.  If you're into watching the planes land, the big jets come in the afternoon, so plenty of time. Or go to one of the many beautiful beaches.  

Anyway, like I said I'm not on that cruise so I don't know the original itinerary, but goes to show how subjective these things are.  I would love those port times.  😎

Agree. Also for years San Juan stop on Royal's Eastern Carib was an afternoon into evening stop

• Like 1

The Rhapsody 11/30/19 also had a itinerary 2 port date change due to Allure problems and too many ships in our case Cozumel.  Same type email. Glad since there are now only a couple of ships in port instead of 9.

Edited by smalltimecruiser100
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, papaflamingo said:

I'm not on the cruise, so I don't know the original port times.   But I disagree.  I think they're pretty good.  We were in San Juan from 8am-2pm. 

😎

I agree we were in San Juan 7:am to 1:pm. What the hell was that? If I hadn't been to San Juan several times in the past I wouldn't have booked that itinerary. There was no time to even have lunch.  I went to CVS to pick up body wash and walked through a few shops but that was it. 1 to 9:30 is much better.

• Like 1