Diamond+ onboard perks list...

I am looking for a list of onboard offers for Diamond + members...I am not talking about the "general" list that Royal provides.....

I saw one that stated any Beverage package is 30% off. If this is true...that seems like a great benefit. 

I have seen it somewhere, did I dream it? 

I know my well informed friends here will have the answer! 

TIA! 

10 minutes ago, SRV FAN said:

I saw one that stated any Beverage package is 30% off. If this is true...that seems like a great benefit. 

Most online pre-cruise "sales" have about the same discount, so you are not doing much better with your D+ discount (which only applies to the on board price).

14 minutes ago, SRV FAN said:

I saw one that stated any Beverage package is 30% off. If this is true...that seems like a great benefit. ...

I believe that one only applies to the Deluxe Beverage package.

1 hour ago, SRV FAN said:

I am looking for a list of onboard offers for Diamond + members...I am not talking about the "general" list that Royal provides.....

I have seen it somewhere, did I dream it? 

I know my well informed friends here will have the answer! 

TIA! 

Here you go, as Bob stated, just the Deluxe package.

BD506E83-D5F8-4B1D-8BAE-D12E21AFE02C.jpeg

Edited by TYMAN

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Most online pre-cruise "sales" have about the same discount, so you are not doing much better with your D+ discount (which only applies to the on board price).

I worked the numbers & the onboard 30% off is slightly better than the pre-cruise online sale purchases (used the $49 pp-pd #'s as that is the best price I've gotten in a while)….using the $65 pp-pd onBOARD price @ 30% off the price is $45.50 pp-pd...so unless you can get a sale price better than that, & you are Dimond+, then it's better to wait til onboard. 

Plus I am "hearing" thru the grapevine, that you don't have to purchase the DBP for ALL cabin mates if bought onboard.... so, that would be a great benefit for us.... since I don't quite get my monies worth with the DBP.... 

Thanks y'all! 

3 minutes ago, SRV FAN said:

I worked the numbers & the onboard 30% off is slightly better than the pre-cruise online sale purchases (used the $49 pp-pd #'s as that is the best price I've gotten in a while)….using the $65 pp-pd onBOARD price @ 30% off the price is $45.50 pp-pd...so unless you can get a sale price better than that, & you are Dimond+, then it's better to wait til onboard. 

Plus I am "hearing" thru the grapevine, that you don't have to purchase the DBP for ALL cabin mates if bought onboard.... so, that would be a great benefit for us.... since I don't quite get my monies worth with the DBP.... 

Thanks y'all! 

I really don't like math, but I do like drinks. Ha! 

20 minutes ago, SRV FAN said:

Thanks y'all! 

If you purchase the DBP isn't it true that you're cabin mate (over 21) only needs to purchase at least the refreshment pkg I believe.

17 minutes ago, Ashland said:

If you purchase the DBP isn't it true that you're cabin mate (over 21) only needs to purchase at least the refreshment pkg I believe.

Yes that is what I have heard too...… which is fine. I drink lots of bottled water & specialty coffees...

We always wait to purchase the package on board. More often than not the bar staff selling it to us needs to get the supervisor to apply the 30% discount...does always save us a few dollars over any pre boarding on line sales. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, cruiseluvr10 said:

How do we find out what the onboard price will be?  I thought I read that it could vary per ship and sailing.  I'm on Allure in September.

Look for recent reviews.  Ask in a Roll Call.  No way to know for sure what the price will be on your cruise.

3 minutes ago, cruiseluvr10 said:

How do we find out what the onboard price will be?  I thought I read that it could vary per ship and sailing.  I'm on Allure in September.

I've heard onboard prices are $60 & up.... 

On 8/11/2019 at 10:47 AM, cruiseluvr10 said:

The best way to figure out the onboard price is to look at your Cruise Planner for your sailing. They'll advertise a price, and show a percentage discount that represents. Unfortunately you have to be a little careful doing this because RCCL doesn't manage the percentage-off banners very well and they're not generated automatically, so often after a sale, the banners are just plain wrong for a short time.

But in a typical case you might see a $47 advertised price listed as "25% off onboard prices" so just divide $47 by 0.75 and you get $62.67, which rounded up to the nearest dollar is $63. So on that sailing the onboard price is going to be $63. The rounding up comes from the way RCCL has to ensure their "XX% off onboard prices" claim is correct; they have to round down to ensure the discount is the stated percentage or better; hence we have to round up a bit when reversing it.

If you spend some time watching the prices and percent off banners you'll readily note the pattern.

That said, you'll find onboard prices vary between $63 and $72 (RCCL states the price ranges from $63 to $70 when they announced the 2019 package pricing, but I've noted the $72 price on some later 2020 sailings so far), depending on the ship and sailing date. Generally, the newer the ship, the more on-peak the sailing date, the higher the price. It won't be below $63/day. And not sure yet if it holds true, but it does seem that there's really just 3 prices it ends up being: $63, $67 and $70 (well, 4 if you count the $72 on later cruises we're seeing).

The sales on the Deluxe Drink Package are always 20%, 25% or 30% off the onboard price (again what the percent off amount is for a sailing for any particular sale varies; it's not like you'll see them all be 30% off or 25% off at the same time).

I wouldn't necessarily call these numbers set in stone, but they really are very consistent If there's variation, it may be more on those sailings embarking and debarking at non-US ports; those I haven't had much opportunity to watch over.

2 hours ago, MaritimeR&R said:

I wish the C&A discount could be applied to the Refreshment Package. 

In a way it is; these days most every Cruise Planner sale includes 30% off the Refreshment Package, at least for sailings within the next year or so, generally. If you see it in the Cruiser Planner for your sailing at $20 or $22 (varies by ship class I believe), you're seeing it at 30% off the onboard price. Yeah, it's not onboard, but it's not like the discount would be better if they offered it to you onboard, or that it's that hard to find a time when the 30% off price is offered.

4 hours ago, dswallow said:

The best way to figure out the onboard price is to look at your Cruise Planner for your sailing. They'll advertise a price, and show a percentage discount that represents. Unfortunately you have to be a little careful doing this because RCCL doesn't manage the percentage-off banners very well and they're not generated automatically, so often after a sale, the banners are just plain wrong for a short time.

But in a typical case you might see a $47 advertised price listed as "25% off onboard prices" so just divide $47 by 0.75 and you get $62.67, which rounded up to the nearest dollar is $63. So on that sailing the onboard price is going to be $63. The rounding up comes from the way RCCL has to ensure their "XX% off onboard prices" claim is correct; they have to round down to ensure the discount is the stated percentage or better; hence we have to round up a bit when reversing it.

If you spend some time watching the prices and percent off banners you'll readily note the pattern.

That said, you'll find onboard prices vary between $63 and $72 (RCCL states the price ranges from $63 to $70 when they announced the 2019 package pricing, but I've noted the $72 price on some later 2020 sailings so far), depending on the ship and sailing date. Generally, the newer the ship, the more on-peak the sailing date, the higher the price. It won't be below $63/day. And not sure yet if it holds true, but it does seem that there's really just 3 prices it ends up being: $63, $67 and $70 (well, 4 if you count the $72 on later cruises we're seeing).

The sales on the Deluxe Drink Package are always 20%, 25% or 30% off the onboard price (again what the percent off amount is for a sailing for any particular sale varies; it's not like you'll see them all be 30% off or 25% off at the same time).

I wouldn't necessarily call these numbers set in stone, but they really are very consistent If there's variation, it may be more on those sailings embarking and debarking at non-US ports; those I haven't had much opportunity to watch over.

Wow!  Thank you so very much!  I really appreciate your time and assistance documenting this!  This is super informative and extremely helpful for all of my future cruises.  I'm sure this will help many others too!

Thank you again!!