Please bring back the Daily Newspaper that was published in multiple languages at Guest Relations. It is a very small item that always brought me much pleasure. I always looked forward to picking it up in the mornings and reading the current news over a cup of coffee.  I like to disconnect from the world and prefer that I do not have to carry my phone with me while on board to keep up with daily events on board.  If cost is a factor just add it to my fare. I will gladly pay for these small pleasures.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I travel each year with a party of eight. We all were disappointed when the newspapers were discontinued. They were a wonderful way to stay connected while staying unplugged.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

Thank you for your comment. We have had a strong initiative to avoid printing when possible as part of our environmental efforts on-board. If you would like a particular Daily in a specific language, please let Guest Relations team know and they will be able to assist. 

Have a great rest of your day!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lisa Lutoff-Perlo said:

Hello!

Thank you for your comment. We have had a strong initiative to avoid printing when possible as part of our environmental efforts on-board. If you would like a particular Daily in a specific language, please let Guest Relations team know and they will be able to assist. 

Have a great rest of your day!

X used to have the daily news available on the stateroom TV's and this too has disappeared. This isn't a printing issue.  Why? 

On 7/29/2019 at 8:21 PM, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Just a note for consideration.  MSC Yacht Club, which I believe gets the ship within a ship concept better than Celebrity, provides a full copy of your newspaper of choice each morning.  Love this!  It's so civilized.

To ME, this is a tremendous WASTE of paper.  

The constant ads for jewelry, jewelry, and more jewelry are a colossal waste of paper!  If you are a shopper, you will regularly stroll by the shops - have the stores put ONE sign out advertising their specials, or even ONE MORE sign outside the Oceanview Café, where most people pass by.  If you are not a shopper you will never miss the can't miss sales.

Don't print 2,000 (or however many cabins there are) of every special sale every day!  See how much paper you save then!  I bet it's enough to bring back the newspapers....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Bring back the newspapers. I rather read every day about the cruise ship activities so I know which events to attend to every day. E.g. church service and bible study, classical music concerts, Hawaiian dancing and ukulele lessons. 

On 8/13/2019 at 10:13 AM, warmwinds said:

The constant ads for jewelry, jewelry, and more jewelry are a colossal waste of paper!  If you are a shopper, you will regularly stroll by the shops - have the stores put ONE sign out advertising their specials, or even ONE MORE sign outside the Oceanview Café, where most people pass by.  If you are not a shopper you will never miss the can't miss sales.

Don't print 2,000 (or however many cabins there are) of every special sale every day!  See how much paper you save then!  I bet it's enough to bring back the newspapers....

Well said!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2019 at 2:16 PM, luvstosail said:

Well said!!!!

When my husband went and asked if a certain paper could be printed for him he was told by Guest Relations that they could not print it because they no longer even get the transmission from the newspapers.

We agree that there is so much waste of paper and manpower. The invites to auctions, sales, excursions, etc. Everyday there are reminders left on the bed.

bring back the newspaper.....solution would be for a list to be made available where the person can select the one he wants and it be delivered to the room. 

• Thanks 1