Just get of the Sirena, quick review.

Winters Gate

On 8/20/2019 at 3:18 PM, bbqoug said:

I will read other reviews about the Sirena with interest between now & then, but we will go into our cruise with a hopeful and positive attitude.

Or as my DH is fond of saying, "a bad day at sea is still better than a good day on land". LOL

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Phillygirl3 said:

Wow, I'm so confused by the negative comments and some positive regarding Sirena.  We are holding a cabin until I can do a little more research of the ports, but after reading some of the most recent comments, I am having seriously trepidations about going through with the booking.  I have relied heavily, in the past, on my fellow cruise critic posters and, for the most part, the postings have been on target.  If anyone has done any trips to India, UAE ports on Sirena, I would be interested in hearing feedback.  Thanking you in advance for your responses.

I have long had a rule to step away from the boards for a while when it begins to influence me that heavily. And in 8 O cruises, I have never found it to be as horrible as some of the most dramatic reviews would say, just as it is probably never as fabulous as the most glowing reviews say. Take a breath, it will be okay.

just my two cents worth.

Donna

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Toranut97 said:

I have never found it to be as horrible as some of the most dramatic reviews would say, just as it is probably never as fabulous as the most glowing reviews say.

I have yet another personal philosophy: if it sounds too good or too bad to be true it probably is.

4 hours ago, Toranut97 said:

I have long had a rule to step away from the boards for a while when it begins to influence me that heavily. And in 8 O cruises, I have never found it to be as horrible as some of the most dramatic reviews would say, just as it is probably never as fabulous as the most glowing reviews say. Take a breath, it will be okay.

just my two cents worth.

Donna

Amen!

As I have frequently said, if it's all bad or all good ... I ignore it.

I prefer a balanced critique.  We are long time fans of Oceania but we know it is NOT perfect.  Nothing is.

Mura

• Like 2

I agree.

Insigna last year was just so good. Sirena’s ports this year could not be beaten. 

Speciality restaurants superb. Excursions mostly excellent. Entertainment good for a R class ship, 

Menu’s regarding choice have changed for the worse not Quality although a lot of favourites were missing such as scollops and different fresh fish. 

Less staff.

Wonderful fellow passengers , mostly excellent excursions.

All cruises, as with all holidays, are what you make of them. Our expectations  were based on last year. We found things had changed in 10 months as regards to the food. It was disappointing.  It was not bad just not the amazing choices  we had enjoyed before.  This was just in the Grand Dinning room. Everything was repeated most nights with only a few dishes changed.  The ‘ Wow ‘had gone. I can even say by the end of 10 days we were bored with the food choices. If enough people agree and use the comment cards Oceania will realise the changes are not popular and think again. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/23/2019 at 2:43 AM, Mura said:

As I have frequently said, if it's all bad or all good ... I ignore it.

I prefer a balanced critique.  We are long time fans of Oceania but we know it is NOT perfect.  Nothing is.

Mura

I don´t think my review was all bad I think it was balanced critic. 

The problem with the Oceania board here on cruise critic is that some people will defend oceania no matter what, if you say that there are limited food choices someone will quickly respond that there were far to many choices before nobody need all this......If you say that the GDR is almost every day closed for lunch there will be some cheerleaders who will state that they don´t eat lunch onboard so nobody else need to do it either, and the defending just go on forever no matter what changes Oceania makes.

One could say that there is no room for bad critic here, the policeposters will directly tell you whats right and how you should feel about Oceania, your own point of view is not of interest, they tell you what to think!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, welshfamily said:

It was not bad just not the amazing choices  we had enjoyed before.  This was just in the Grand Dinning room. Everything was repeated most nights with only a few dishes changed

If that is all that has changed I should be OK as we rarely dine in the MDR for dinner.

It’s the specialties or the Terrace 9 out 10 nights - others may feel differently.

That said, I am sorry that you were disappointed.

Edited by Paulchili
  • Like 1

I have a Sirena question. Although on our port heavy 10 night cruise (no sea days) this might not even come up. In the past, on other cruises, we enjoy playing cards after breakfast. Our favorite spot on Royal was the nightclub...usually empty at that time of day. Small tables, huge windows. Any suggestions were we could play cards on Sirena? 

Thanks!

Lara

34 minutes ago, Numer3 said:

I have a Sirena question. Although on our port heavy 10 night cruise (no sea days) this might not even come up. In the past, on other cruises, we enjoy playing cards after breakfast. Our favorite spot on Royal was the nightclub...usually empty at that time of day. Small tables, huge windows. Any suggestions were we could play cards on Sirena? 

Thanks!

Lara

in the card room

• Like 1
  • Haha 1