Harmony OTS Grand vs Owners Suite

Hello everyone, I am hoping to gain some info from you experienced cruisers. We are planning a cruise for next July on the Harmony of the Seas. We are trying to decide between the Owners Suite and the Grand Suite. Our cost difference is around 900 dollars. Is the Owners Suite worth that much more? For what its worth, our last cruise was on Carnival and we were in an OV- we enjoyed it so much we decided to go big for next summer lol. Traveling is myself, my husband and our 10 year old little girl. I tried to search for comparisons or differences, watch youtube and read reviews and all I've really gathered is the owners suite is bigger. If you were us, which would you pick? Thanks

the only  'upgrades'   would be the dining room table that seats 4  inside the cabin and the separate  shower from the bathtub.   not worth $900.  maybe the second TV.   interior space is  larger but  the only time I upgrade to an OS is when the difference is about $200-250.

• Like 2

So quick follow up I forgot in op- what’s the best floor to be on? We had picked one on 14 but then the deck plan looks like those have a pool right above them. I saw something saying avoid floor 12 but I couldn’t figure out why? We like high floors but also quiet. Not too worried about being closer to any particular ship feature. 

1 minute ago, blueskadoo said:

So quick follow up I forgot in op- what’s the best floor to be on? We had picked one on 14 but then the deck plan looks like those have a pool right above them. I saw something saying avoid floor 12 but I couldn’t figure out why? We like high floors but also quiet. Not too worried about being closer to any particular ship feature. 

We like deck 8 or 9, so as to be near Central Park.

• Like 1

We have not stayed in an owners suite, but have stayed in grand suite on Harmony.  Great room.  Wall divider is great and there are two TVs - on the wall that divides the room (one facing the bed and the other facing the sofa).   I wouldn't spend any extra money.  We also stayed in GS on Harmony on deck 12 and it was great.

Only you can determine the worth and value of an additional 184 sq ft. If you can afford it and the 529 plan is well funded, go for it. If you go with the OS, trust me, midweek you wont be saying, "I wish we went smaller".

On 7/26/2019 at 6:16 AM, blueskadoo said:

IIRC the OS on deck 12 had hot tubs on balcony on Oasis and Allure.  The OS on other decks did not. 

Deck 12 is okay as long as it is not under the pool area. We were in an OV balcony on Harmony on deck 12 and heard the noise from the towel carts and loungers getting moved around starting @6:30-7:00a.m. Also the music from the pool area was very loud and heard it through a locked balcony door:( So don't count on any nap time in the afternoon.

On 7/26/2019 at 6:15 AM, blueskadoo said:

Hello everyone, I am hoping to gain some info from you experienced cruisers. We are planning a cruise for next July on the Harmony of the Seas. We are trying to decide between the Owners Suite and the Grand Suite. Our cost difference is around 900 dollars. Is the Owners Suite worth that much more? For what its worth, our last cruise was on Carnival and we were in an OV- we enjoyed it so much we decided to go big for next summer lol. Traveling is myself, my husband and our 10 year old little girl. I tried to search for comparisons or differences, watch youtube and read reviews and all I've really gathered is the owners suite is bigger. If you were us, which would you pick? Thanks

I had the same problem.  We are sailing on Anthem of the Seas in September and I decided to go with the owners suite.  Only because of the seperate shower.  I'm taking my folks and having them climb in and out of the tub just did not work for me.

Getting in and out of the GS shower can be difficult, especially with those with mobility issues as well as with shorter people .  I'm 5'4' and it was slippery and not at all user-friendly.

Try to find some videos that clearly show exactly how high the side is.

3 minutes ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

Getting in and out of the GS shower can be difficult, especially with those with mobility issues as well as with shorter people .  I'm 5'4' and it was slippery and not at all user-friendly.

Try to find some videos that clearly show exactly how high the side is.

Agree biggest advantage of owners suite is walk in shower, but is it worth 900. Balcony is also huge, I think if you had a large group of friends on same cruise it could be a great meeting place sine living room is also huge .

• Like 1

my wife and i thoroughly enjoyed our GS on Harmony. the dividing will help separate the kid's room from the parent's room. we liked deck 7, but any of the middle decks will have quick/easy access to central park, boardwalk, and the promenade. plus we liked having the balcony farther away from the noise of the pool decks. at night being on decks 6/7/8 on your balcony it's so peaceful just hearing the silence and the swish of the hull through the water. great way to start and end the day. 

• 6 months later...
On 7/26/2019 at 6:08 AM, Milwaukee Eight said:

We enjoyed the GS on Harmony as it has the divider wall between bed area and living area. 

For just the 2 of us that's the thing we don't like.  I used to like the GS that had the TV on the wall by the balcony and you had all the extra room to walk in.  Now the room seems cut up to me.  I've also heard that on some GS rooms the tub only has the wand and not a shower head, the shower stall is actually next to it...

24 minutes ago, orville99 said:

The price for a Crown Loft Suite usually comes in between the price of a GS and the price of an OS. We prefer the CLS layout and location over either of the other two.

Agree.  We've been spoiled by two cruises on a Crown Loft Suite (after several in a GS) and a loath to go back.  Unfortunately right now the price differential is just too great for our November Harmony cruise.