Keen Sandals

I don’t know that this is the best place to post this ( if there’s a better place just let me know) but I have a pair of whispers that keen is going to replace. They tore 😞. So I can pick whatever shoes I’d like ( with a voucher). I’m buying them specifically for Dunn’s falls and hiking. Are the whispers the best or the Newport or the Cnx (I think that’s the other one). Any suggestions? Thank you!

Edited by mamabearjp
Misspellimg/typos

Just now, mamabearjp said:

I don’t know that this is the best place to post this ( if there’s a better place jSt let me know) but I have a pair of whispers that keen is going to replace. They tore 😞. So I can pick whatever shoes I’d like ( with a voucher). I’m buying them specifically for Dunn’s falls and hiking. Are the whispers the best or the Newport or the Cox (I think that’s the other one). Any suggestions? Thank you!

Curious why this is cruise related?  No offense intended; just curious.

29 minutes ago, mamabearjp said:

I’m buying them to hike Dunn’s Falls in Jamaica on our cruise

Thanks for replying.  Nonetheless you might want to find some hiking-specific site.  

Nah, this is just the thing we talk about here -- I found water shoes, for example, from a thread on this board.

ETA: and there are at least two threads about other brands of shoes right now with no other connection than someone wanting to take them on a cruise.

Edited by crystalspin

4 hours ago, mamabearjp said:

I don’t know that this is the best place to post this ( if there’s a better place just let me know) 

Mamabear:

This is the place. I have not owned Keen nor kept up on their latest models but this is where to ask. Can't guarantee anyone will have the info but they might.

• Thanks 1

For me, it would depend on what else I'm going to wear the Keens for.  Go to the Keen site and look at all the possibilities.  The Newports have a thicker, sturdier sole, good for trail and water.  The Whispers seem to be a good water and around town sandal. There are a few others there - the Clearwater CNX has a Whisper-like sole, the Venice is not quite as thick as the Newports.  And, the Newports and Venices have a couple of permutations.

Me?  I'd buy the Newport Retro - I would use them on trails or camping and around in my mountain town.  Plus,  the color would fit right in Jamaica.