Woke up Platinum, went to bed Emerald without going on a cruise?

4 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

I will scream from the mountain tops if they move me from the 59 it says now to 40. I will hound them every single day if they do that. And I DO NOT want to hear from the CC police nuts on here about this. They can take their hollier than thou BS somewhere else.

No point in getting worked up about something that hast happened

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

No point in getting worked up about something that hast happened

Yeah I know this place, its why I post here less and less. I once said in a post I let my 3 year old son sip from my soda and I had the soda package and they made it out that I was Ted Bundy and RCI will not have to sell off their ships because they were gonna go out of business.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, molly361 said:

I sure hope when I go to sleep tonight as D+ I wake up as Pinnacle😇

Now that would be a nice jump! Congrats on Diamond plus, I just want to get to Diamond. That is the only goal I care about.

• Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

Now that would be a nice jump! Congrats on Diamond plus, I just want to get to Diamond. That is the only goal I care about.

Someone recently posted that they were Emerald (on the low-end on points, I believe ) but when they got on the ship, their SeaPass  had Diamond printed.  They even went to Guest Services to correct but were told it was right. So they had access to DL, the 3 free HH drinks etc.

While most CC members were happy, a few did call them out on their "dishonesty" for using benefits they were not entitled to.

For the record, Congrats! I'm happy for you & hopefully the points won't go away.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It usually makes sense.  Not sure what they have done in your case. 

The confusing cruise is the 5 day EX listed at 2 credits. It really should be 1 credit based on what you have said which means you should only have 

18+8+5+9=40 points

each credit was awarded 7 points plus a fudge factor so 

1 credit is 8 points

2 credits is 15 points 

What's also confusing is that the first cruise was taken under the old point system is showing 18 points which is correct using the new point system.

I actually came up with 37 points but I did not take into account the "fudge factor".

18+5+5+9 = 37

• Like 1

Congratulations and enjoy. 

We sail in March for the first time as Emerald, and I’m not expecting it to be different from Platinum except for, I think, a couple of cookies and two bottles of water?

i’m happy to have moved up a tier, and would love a jump to Diamond. 

If anyone at RCI is watching, that’s a hint!!

3 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

What's also confusing is that the first cruise was taken under the old point system is showing 18 points which is correct using the new point system.

I actually came up with 37 points but I did not take into account the "fudge factor".

18+5+5+9 = 37

Confusing indeed. I just looked at the digital copy for our cruise in Sept on Anthem and it was green to indicate Emerald.

11 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

Oh I like this idea. How much should it be?

Platinum Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:
$ 50 * for sailings of 3-5 nights
$100* for sailings of 6-9 nights
$200* for sailings of 10+ nights

Emerald Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:
$ 75 * for sailings of 3-5 nights
$125* for sailings of 6-9 nights
$225* for sailings of 10+ nights

Diamond Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:
$125* for sailings of 3-5 nights
$225* for sailings of 6-9 nights
$325* for sailings of 10+ nights

Diamond Plus Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:
$150* for sailings of 3-5 nights
$250* for sailings of 6-9 nights
$350* for sailings of 10+ nights

Pinnacle Club Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:
$175* for sailings of 3-5 nights
$275* for sailings of 6-9 nights
$375* for sailings of 10+ nights

*When booking less than 6 months from sailing date subtract $25 from the dollar amount.

34 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Someone recently posted that they were Emerald (on the low-end on points, I believe ) but when they got on the ship, their SeaPass  had Diamond printed.  They even went to Guest Services to correct but were told it was right. So they had access to DL, the 3 free HH drinks etc.

While most CC members were happy, a few did call them out on their "dishonesty" for using benefits they were not entitled to.

For the record, Congrats! I'm happy for you & hopefully the points won't go away.

Huh, that is odd as well. Something going on maybe. 

This happened to us. We had 14 extra points for five years and then once we took another cruise the points updated correctly, but they kept us at the new level. We were only 1 point away anyways. They claimed that the person that the points should have been assigned to had a similar C&A number and they happened to call in about their lost points while we were on the cruise. I don't believe that the person coincidentally called in while we were on the cruise (and after 5 years), but there was nothing to fight as our points were right. It was just disappointing that we weren't 14 points closer to diamond 🙂

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 10:07 AM, JAMESCC said:

I will scream from the mountain tops if they move me from the 59 it says now to 40. I will hound them every single day if they do that. And I DO NOT want to hear from the CC police nuts on here about this. They can take their hollier than thou BS somewhere else.

If they messed up my cruise credits in my favor (gave me credit for something I didn't earn) and then realized their error and deducted the points again,  I wouldn't complain as I didn't actually earn the points.  It's not like the emerald benefits are all that much different than platinum. It's just a stop over point to get to Diamond.  

I would hope they wouldn't catch it and that I could continue my ascent to Diamond more quickly, but if they did take it away I wouldn't whine too much.  That's just me though.  

Now if they took points away from me that I had earned, I am sure I would be making a phone call to get it clarified. 

We did a six night cruise to Bermuda in a Junior Suite in 2012 and my history notes 16 points for it. They had to cut short our time in Bermuda by about a day & half due to weather. I've always assumed they gave us extra points as compensation for that. 🤷‍♀️