Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
MF40

Celebrity Equinox Air Con

Recommended Posts

First time on the Equinox,, just boarded today. I know it's an older ship than some of the others but the air con seems to be lame. It's like a steam bath on board. Got the switch down full (master switch on), just getting a little tepid air. Anyone else experienced this??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You need to ask this on the Celebrity board, under Cruise Lines A-O.  Suggest you walk up and down the hallway.  If you hear/feel a draft from one of the cabins, that means someone has their balcony door open, which is pulling the air out of surrounding cabins...EM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Essiesmom said:

You need to ask this on the Celebrity board, under Cruise Lines A-O.  Suggest you walk up and down the hallway.  If you hear/feel a draft from one of the cabins, that means someone has their balcony door open, which is pulling the air out of surrounding cabins...EM

A more likely problem is that some selfish person has decided that s/he wants to "invite  

the outdoors in" (including sleeping with the ocean air washing over their body) and, despite the warnings posted on the sliding door, could care less that they're turning off the A/C to multiple adjacent cabins.

Of course, these often are the same folks who smoke and/or play music on their balconies or leave all sorts of stuff out there, including dishes which, with the right wind, can be blown over the edge onto a balcony (or people) below. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

A more likely problem is that some selfish person has decided that s/he wants to "invite  

the outdoors in" (including sleeping with the ocean air washing over their body) and, despite the warnings posted on the sliding door, could care less that they're turning off the A/C to multiple adjacent cabins.

Of course, these often are the same folks who smoke and/or play music on their balconies or leave all sorts of stuff out there, including dishes which, with the right wind, can be blown over the edge onto a balcony (or people) below. 

Yes,  by all means, let's ascribe all kinds of nefarious intentions and fantasized situations to something that might be as innocent as a newbie unknowingly leaving his balcony door open, or an actual AC malfunction. Sheesh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mom says said:

 .....as innocent as a newbie unknowingly leaving his balcony door open.....

I must have forgotten that newbies on a cruise ship have never seen a sliding glass door so do not know when they're closed nor can they read the signage that says to keep them closed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...