Booking Dining on Board

danalea1980

HI

We booked last minute on Escape  and now are not able to make dining reservations. I am assuming I can book on board but what would be the best way to do this? Using the kiosks or is there a desk that does restaurant reservations? We are a party of 7 

Thanks in Advance!

I haven't been on the Escape, but on all the other ships there has been a restaurant reservations desk.  NCL's book in advance is always a mess showing no availability when there should be plenty.  We've been in suites and I've emailed the Concierge desk in advance.   Within moments they have always book us for dining that on line showed not available.  

• Like 1

I would make it a first priority when getting on board. We have booked in advance with a party of 7 through our travel agent and she ended up having to make reservations for 8 as that was all that they would accept. We just changed it to seven after boarding. No problem. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, danalea1980 said:

HI

We booked last minute on Escape  and now are not able to make dining reservations. I am assuming I can book on board but what would be the best way to do this? Using the kiosks or is there a desk that does restaurant reservations? We are a party of 7 

Thanks in Advance!

As soon a you board, go to Headliners on Deck 6 Midship to make reservations. If you are tech-comfortable, then the touch screen kiosks in the elevator lobbies work fine too. 

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

As soon a you board, go to Headliners on Deck 6 Midship to make reservations. If you are tech-comfortable, then the touch screen kiosks in the elevator lobbies work fine too. 

Do you happen to know where to go to do the same thing on the Jewel?

Here's an insiders tip for NYC & Escape sailings based here  - plan to arrive a bit early at the pier for check-in.  Get thru security, etc. and proceed to whatever waiting area you are directed to - try to get the lowest numbered card for "boarding zone" purposes. 

To book dining reservations, look around the newly established vendor kiosk/mini shops around the "Pier Cafe" toward the back of the cruise terminal (closer to AFT section of the ship) - NCL usually will setup laptops and have assorted dining menus on display; and, will do booking on the spot.  They have access to and overview of the various venue and what's available; and, can usually offer you a reasonably good choice of options - time/date, etc.  For a group of 7 or 8, flexibility is the key.  

In the event that the kiosk isn't available, connect via the free "Cruise Norwegian" App, register & activate your account and use that to check for availability and BOOK It online.  You can still make adjustments once onboard of any last minute changes, etc. if necessary by speaking to the reservation folks in person or via internal direct dial #.  On our Jan. 2019 Escape sailing, we had very good choice of options to choose from on Day 1 since all the frozen "slots" were released.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, farjar said:

Do you happen to know where to go to do the same thing on the Jewel?

The Jewel's desk has always been in the main guest services area on deck 7,  over at the corner of the guest services counter.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, danalea1980 said:

HI

Thanks in Advance!

There will be one or two locations on board to book. They hold back between 50% and 70% of all spots for on board booking so not getting something  precruise should not be a big deal.

• Like 1