Cruise Critic Community
capsplace

Booking Azamara on Celebrity cruise

Posted (edited)

If anyone has booked an Azamara cruise while onboard a Celebrity cruise, were there any "perks" or benefits added, or reduced deposit, as an incentive to book while onboard Celebrity?  I know Celebrity offers freebies, added OBC, when booking a Celebrity cruise while on board.  Just wondering if there is any benefit to booking an Azamara cruise while onboard a Celebrity cruise, or should we just book onshore.  Thanks for any comments, suggestions, thoughts......

Edited by capsplace
typo

Posted (edited)

You will get exactly the same benefits of booking onboard a Celebrity cruise as you would on an Azamara cruise. That is, a reduced deposit, discount according to your Captain's Club/equivalent Le Club Voyage level and a $200 or $300 OBC depending upon whether you book in the first or second half of your cruise. If you book in the first half to get the extra $100 then the code CRUISENOW2 should be used by the sales person. 

My advice as I have mentioned here previously is to go armed with the up to date Azamara onboard benefits as not all the Celebrity sales people are clued up. 

Phil 

I should also have mentioned that if you use a travel agent you can assign it to them to benefit from any additional perks they may offer you.  

Edited by excitedofharpenden

Phil is correct! Make sure you go armed with all the information about Azamara. We did this last year and the X rep while very helpful, obviously didn't know as much as we did. Also make sure to check your booking, especially if you book on the first half of the sailing to get the additional $100 OBC. We had to have our TA fix it on the back end as they did not add this and I did not catch it at the time. 

I am thinking of asking friends who will be sailing on the Equinox in January to book an Azamara cruise for us while they are on Celebrity.  We've had friends book a Celebrity cruise for us while they were on Celebrity without issues. Would this be possible on Azamara? Do we need to get our Le Club Voyage membership numbers ahead of time?

Thanks!

I booked an Azamara cruise for my friends who were not onboard with me that time when I was on Pursuit a few weeks ago. No problems whatsoever. Of course you will need all their details and have to pay their deposits from your credit card. They got all the benefits of booking onboard. 

Your friends should easily be able to do it on Celebrity for you. 

Remember that most of the perks are already included on Azamara and they have a self service laundry.   You will have gratuities and the equivalence of the standard alcohol package with any stateroom.   Most times you will also receive internet minutes and on board credit.   If you are not in a suite the Specialty restaurants are $30 each and include  an Italian and a Steak optio .

We did book AZ while on an X cruise a few years ago.  We happened to be sailing on Thanksgiving and Black Friday deals were also given on board.  We already knew the cruise we wanted so we got the perks that were being given to all.  Then we got some additional ones because it was black Friday.   That afternoon in our cabin I emailed our on-line big TA and they also had perks for booking a cruise and contacting them on Black Friday.  They had specials and they were combinable with Celebrity's.  All in all, for our 15 day Journey cruise to Norway, we got about $3000 in onboard credit and reduced deposit and she threw in some specialty meals and wine.  And we just booked a regular veranda cabin.  It was just all a bunch of add-ons from both lines because of Black Friday and booking on board.   We ended up having about $2000 added back to our credit card from refundable OBC which basically paid for our flights.  

Hello!

We are going on Celebrity Reflection on monday;) 

And the master plan is to book a Azamara cruise onboard!

We are Elite on X. 

So, 1. i need to book in the first part of my 8-days cruise on X to get the most of the OBC. 

Anything else I need to consider or should know?

1 hour ago, Norwaylady said:

Hello!

We are going on Celebrity Reflection on monday;) 

And the master plan is to book a Azamara cruise onboard!

We are Elite on X. 

So, 1. i need to book in the first part of my 8-days cruise on X to get the most of the OBC. 

Anything else I need to consider or should know?

I would take along any documentation you have regarding the LCV discount percentages and the OBC amounts, just to be on the safe side.  I think it's on the Azamara website if you don't have a copy, so you could take a screen shot to have handy.