All Inclusive Resort For The Day

kbset

Hi Everyone!  

My husband, daughter (5 years old) and I will be in St. Thomas late January 2020 and were wondering if there are any resorts on the island that we could do a "resort for a day" type thing.  I tried looking on TripAdvisor but couldn't find anything.  Any information would be appreciated!

~Katrina 

From memory Ritz and Bolongo, not sure about Bluebeard’s. The Best Western Emerald Beach Resort offered day passes as well as rooms for the day, not sure if the new property still does that.

Edited by blue_water

Anybody can go to any resort beach and eat at the restaurants. Emerald Beach Resort offers chair rentals, but Sapphire Beach Resort and Marina does, too. Only resort guests can use the pool. You don't really need a day pass because everything is a la carte.

Yes, the Emerald Beach Resort in Lindbergh Bay is probably the closest you can get to an AI resort “feel” by using their restaurant and beach bar. And you can call toll free to inquire about the day pass there that includes a room...I assumed they dropped it because I never see it mentioned.

Sapphire is our favorite beach and has all the amenities you would want, as does Secret Harbour...just two different experiences...

Okay, I don't mean to be a niggler, but I get the feeling that people are asking for a full-service resort like they see in Mexico or the Bahamas, etc. They want to sit at a fancy pool and have someone bring them drinks with umbrellas. St Thomas does not have that sort of place. Sapphire is a condominium-hotel, as is Secret Harbour. The time shares (Ritz Residences, Frenchman's Cove, Margaritaville) probably would love day visitors, but you may have to endure a sales pitch. Emerald Beach IS a hotel and does have many hotel amenities, but it isn't at all like the new shiny corporate resorts many think about. One of the nice things (so far) is that St Thomas is  short on Beaches/Sandals type accommodations. It is much more low key and old-time Caribbean...

IMHO, of course.😊

Yes the request is for an all-inclusive Resort for the day, if which there are nine that I am aware of, although I have not contacted The Wyndham Margaritaville or the Emerald recently...

As mentioned some full-service resorts did accept day visitors, and some of these offered an AI option (no sales pitch required, you just pay the price for the option). Perhaps again, who knows...

• 4 weeks later...

Any update on whether or not any resorts on St. Thomas offer day passes.  I contacted Bologno resort.  They do not offer a day pass but you can eat at the restaurant there (Iggies Oasis).  And if there are any beach chairs available, you can rent them for $10 each.  Morning Star resort and the Ritz have not reopened since the hurricane, but look like they might soon.  

Unfortunately STT is not a great resort day pass port for day visitors, especially with the major resorts (Ritz and Marriott) down. 

As mentioned Iggie’s at Bolongo is open to the public (even their swim-up bar!) and you found that you can rent lounges, there. That is as close as you will get to an AI experience, at least as far as I know, but at least you have pool access. But there are other much nice beaches to enjoy if the beach is important, and you just pay for your drinks and food as you go.

So if having a resort experience but without the AI option works for you Bolongo is an option. For a gorgeous beach with amazing water and island views, beach bar, music, and rentals consider Sapphire Beach which is home to condo properties and not a resort. Secret Harbor is also home to a condo resort (Secret Harbour Resort) and has a nice restaurant but is in a much smaller bay. No AI though...