West Bay V Las Palmas and a snorkelling question- thanks

christybell

Hello,

Spent most of the day trying to decide "what tour" as we have never been to Roatan before.

Its between 2....Daniel Johnston Sloth hangout with snorkelling and beach time (Las Palmas) or....Ronys-  Manawaki (Sloths and Monkeys) and West Bay Beach (where we can snorkel from the shore)

Most important to me is good snorkelling with a beautiful sandy beach. My research so far shows....West Bay is most likely the best but super busy...we are on NCL Breakaway and Carnival Vista is also in port so this kinda puts me off.

Can anyone advise what the snorkelling is like at Daniel Johnstons- I understand its a 5 min boat trip from the Hangout- is it on par with West Bay??  

I believe the West Bay beaches are the best on the island....Am I going to be disappointed I didn't go to West Bay beaches if I go to Las Palmas?

Help me decide!!- Thanks

Just got off the Breakaway 2 weeks ago. We went through Discover Roatan and did the Infinity Resort day pass. It was great. Our driver took us to the resort and stayed there all day in case we needed anything. The snorkeling from the beach is perfect some of the best I've ever done. The beach wasn't very crowded. On our trip back to the ship our driver asked if we wanted to stop by the chocolate place or the rum factory. it was a great trip and very organized. Met the tour guy right outside the port and the walked us to the car and it was a very fun afternoon.

For reference to the above Infinity Bay resort is on West Bay Beach. 

You are correct, the premier beach on the island is West Bay,  think Caribbean postcard, fluffy white sand, crystal blue water. Daniel Johnson and Las Palmas are on the other side of the island, as a guess the sand is different. and because that's the windward side of the island there is a possibility you'll be fighting waves to snorkel. I have not been out with him I have snorkeled on that side of the island and you know waves. 

Because preference is personable it's difficult to know what to recommend. I will tell you that if I had friends visiting the island I would put West Bay on their list of places to experience. 

The easiest access to an area with no boats is right in front of Infinity Bay.

One other thing to mention if there's a northern storm all bets are off on which side of the island to choose. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/29/2019 at 2:16 AM, gcbama said:

Just got off the Breakaway 2 weeks ago. We went through Discover Roatan and did the Infinity Resort day pass. It was great. Our driver took us to the resort and stayed there all day in case we needed anything. The snorkeling from the beach is perfect some of the best I've ever done. The beach wasn't very crowded. On our trip back to the ship our driver asked if we wanted to stop by the chocolate place or the rum factory. it was a great trip and very organized. Met the tour guy right outside the port and the walked us to the car and it was a very fun afternoon.

Did the day pass include the snorkel equipment or did you have to rent that separately?