Bourbon on Elite Mini Bar Setup

jamesnnb

I have never seen bourbon on the mini bar it is usually either Canadian whiskey or scotch. If you could do an exchange the quality would be the lowest grade and I would have to mix it with something to make it drinkable 

We had Jack Daniels in the mini bar setup in  January on the Regal Princess in the Caribbean.  One thing good was Crooners had "Buffalo Trace" and this was the first time I had seen on any ship

10 minutes ago, memoak said:

I have never seen bourbon on the mini bar it is usually either Canadian whiskey or scotch. If you could do an exchange the quality would be the lowest grade and I would have to mix it with something to make it drinkable 

The scotch isn't good either...

hbrote:  That's interesting.  We haven't seen any bourbon for years.  I guess when you make the exchange for any of the provided liquors we could ask Room Service if there is a bourbon offered?

How about Canadian Club -- that use to be in the initial setup.  Would it be something anyone has requested in the exchange?

23 minutes ago, hbrote said:

We had Jack Daniels in the mini bar setup in  January on the Regal Princess in the Caribbean.  One thing good was Crooners had "Buffalo Trace" and this was the first time I had seen on any ship

Jack Daniels is not a bourbon.  Buffalo Trace is a great one -  I just came back from a visit to the distillery

On my Island Princess cruise, apparently they had run out of Courvoisier. I received four bottles of  Scotch and two each of gin and vodka. It did not matter to me since I traded the Scotch in for gin and my sodas for tonic water.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, geoherb said:

On my Island Princess cruise, apparently they had run out of Courvoisier. I received four bottles of  Scotch and two each of gin and vodka. It did not matter to me since I traded the Scotch in for gin and my sodas for tonic water.

Another G & T lover.  I trade all our liquor bottles in for gin even though it is not my favorite Blue Sapphire and all the soda in for tonic.  I bring along a small bottle of lime juice which is not as good as fresh squeezed but sometimes one has to improvise. 

17 minutes ago, satxdiver said:

Another G & T lover.  I trade all our liquor bottles in for gin even though it is not my favorite Blue Sapphire and all the soda in for tonic.  I bring along a small bottle of lime juice which is not as good as fresh squeezed but sometimes one has to improvise. 

You can get a dish of cut limes for free from the bar and take it back to your cabin. Much better than Rose's or something like that. Fresh-squeezed lime gets a bit of the oil from the rind and that makes all the difference. I like Taqueray but Hendrick's makes a good Gin and Tonic as well. At home in the summer I often just drink what I call "and Tonic" - just tonic and fresh-squeezed lime. Very refreshing.

• Like 1

What is the scotch they offer please? 

To me Canadian Club is only good as a paint stripper!!   

However a few years ago I was given a bottle as a "Special Gift of my Husband's Favourite Whiskey" by an American "friend".  Being a single malt guy I took one small drink to try it and nearly gagged.  It was put to great use though. 

At the time we were making out Christmas cakes which required soaking the fruit in something alcoholic.  We used the whole bottle and after 3 days poured it off and used the fruit in the cakes.   The drink was wonderful!!!!!

12 hours ago, geoherb said:

Just come off the Grand, no Courvoisier Cognac, 4 bottles of Whiskey. Swapped them over! Our steward thought they had stopped doing the cognac all together. Shame, although the VS was never great, it was good to have! 

2 hours ago, casofilia said:

However a few years ago I was given a bottle as a "Special Gift of my Husband's Favourite Whiskey" by an American "friend".  Being a single malt guy I took one small drink to try it and nearly gagged.  It was put to great use though. 

At the time we were making out Christmas cakes which required soaking the fruit in something alcoholic.  We used the whole bottle and after 3 days poured it off and used the fruit in the cakes.   The drink was wonderful!!!!!

Here in Kentucky the Bourbon Capital bourbon is put into anything you can think of, cake, bread, chocolate..

4 hours ago, casofilia said:

Dewers White Label is what was in ours