Understanding the free b's

blue dragon

I will be traveling on the escape over thanksgiving.  its my first time on a Norwegian and I'm not sure if I understand the freeb's that I got with the cruise. Specialty dinning, Wi-Fi and shore excursion credit. ( took this over the drinks as the gratuities was more then I think I would drink in a day)  I don't know how the dinning one works can I eat every day in a Specialty dinning restaurant? am I limited to which ones?  How does this work.  I imagine I should try to make as many reservations as I can now to make sure I can get in.  Will there be any extra cost even with the "free" dinning?

The number of meals you get actually varies based on the length of the cruise. It is 3 meals for a 7 day cruise, but longer cruises can get more.

You are limited to one entree, but other courses are unlimited (despite what some people are occasionally told by wait staff). There used to be some upcharges in certain restaurants and for some dishes, but these seem to have gone now. However, if you use the package at the dinner show then I believe that there is still an upcharge there.

Some new restaurants (such as Food Republic) have recently been added to the package. In places like that where the meal isn’t made up of courses as such, there is a limit of 4 dishes.

The detail is in the T&Cs on the NCL website. Unfortunately I can’t link it as I’m 

in the U.K. and the geolocation means the link probably won’t work, but if you click on the offer on the front page then you should see a link to the details.

• Like 1

The gratuity on the drink package is around $130.00 for the entire week.  I drink wine and at $9-$12 a glass I would be over that amount after about day 5.  If you only drink a beer here and there then it's maybe worth it not to do it.  I always get my money's worth on the gratuity.

Candi

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blue dragon said:

I will be traveling on the escape over thanksgiving.  its my first time on a Norwegian and I'm not sure if I understand the freeb's that I got with the cruise. Specialty dinning, Wi-Fi and shore excursion credit. ( took this over the drinks as the gratuities was more then I think I would drink in a day)  I don't know how the dinning one works can I eat every day in a Specialty dinning restaurant? am I limited to which ones?  How does this work.  I imagine I should try to make as many reservations as I can now to make sure I can get in.  Will there be any extra cost even with the "free" dinning?

Assuming that you are on a seven day cruise you get 3 meals in the specialty restaurants. There is no limitation on which specialty restaurant you can enjoy. You can make reservations ahead of time if you want, or on board (they hold at least 50% of the reservation slots for on board booking).

You might reconsider the beverage package. It runs about $20 per day as a perk. That amounts to 3 glasses of wine or about 2.25 other drinks, so in reality not very much. If you drink at all the beverage package is the way to go. You can switch your perks around to any that were availabel on the day you initially booked without any penalty.

Thanks all for the info, I'll have to check out the restaurants on the ship, I've always been ok with the buffet and main dinning room so this will be a treat for sure.  As I don't drink soda, coffee and generally mixed drinks I'm sure that that choice was not for me.  Looking forward to checking out the Norwegian line.

1 hour ago, blue dragon said:

Thanks all for the info, I'll have to check out the restaurants on the ship, I've always been ok with the buffet and main dinning room so this will be a treat for sure.  As I don't drink soda, coffee and generally mixed drinks I'm sure that that choice was not for me.  Looking forward to checking out the Norwegian line.

Dining and show reservations just opened and will sell out fast, especially for Thanksgiving Dinner. Book soon. 

9 hours ago, blue dragon said:

The FREEBIES (there are no B's that are free, correction Bacon, Burgers, and a few other things are free) all depends on what you happened to choose from the FAS offers.  Dining includes 3 or 4 dinners at specialty dining depending on the length of the cruise, wifi is 250 minutes one wifi account, shore excursions is $50 per port per cabin.  Details easily found on the NCL web site with 2-3 clicks.

https://www.ncl.com/termsandconditions/promotions