Full Suite

weedpindle

Just for the info

On the Golden Princess one of the older ships

the break down is :-

Total Cabins 1318

42 Suites   3%

178 Mini Suites  13.5&  ( this includes 28 club class )

208 Window Cabins  15.5 %

367 Inside cabins   28 %

523 Balcony cabins 40 %

So the answer is 2-3% of passengers are in a full suite

Cheers Don 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, bemis12 said:

The OP  is just commenting on how many people say they are staying in suites. 

He’s not serious, but people are feeding him 

Glad someone else realizes this wasn't a serious post. I've actually "been inside" a suite but never booked one and, unless something incredibly unexpected happens, never will. We're lucky to be able to cruise at all. A suite is out of the question.

• Like 1

Well, I agree that the people in suites seem to want everyone to know it.  Those of us in inside cabins just sit back and watch.  It's the same over on the MSC board, where most of the questions are about the Yacht Club.   EM

11 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Well, I agree that the people in suites seem to want everyone to know it.  Those of us in inside cabins just sit back and watch.  It's the same over on the MSC board, where most of the questions are about the Yacht Club.   EM

Although this may be true for some, many people view cruising in a suite as a one time event.  People discuss suites because they are curious about this type of cabin category and want to know about the available suite amenities 

• Like 2

Since there are so few suites and they are just so expensive, folks considering one for a special occasion quite reasonably would like to know what value they get for the added expense. It is challenging to get recent photos and information sometimes.

I am very appreciative of those who have sailed in suites taking the time to post about their experiences. While I do sail in suites I also sail in regular balcony rooms. (I’m too claustrophobic for an interior, tried it and couldn’t bear it). I am always seeking information on the different types of suites and those in different locations so I can be sure to book the suite experience that I will enjoy most. When I sail in a balcony it’s pretty easy to pick one. Determining if a cabin has a larger balcony, angled balcony, sheltered, uncovered or a corner wrap around, lots of information, photos easily available. I, for one, would be more disappointed with a poor choice of suite than a poor choice in balcony room as the amount of money spent is soooooo much more. When I say poor choice, I mean a poor choice for me. People prefer different locations and layouts, room size vs balcony size and so on. 

From the subject line, I thought this was going to be a thread that folks could use to post and read about Princess suites. Sad it’s not. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Is the OP counting "mini-suites" as suites?  Princess really needs to rename this category.  They are not smaller suites.  They are larger balcony staterooms.

Minisuites are great  because they have a sofa, chair, small table, full tub, shower, and two TVs.  Much better than a balcony cabin.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Since there are so few suites and they are just so expensive, folks considering one for a special occasion quite reasonably would like to know what value they get for the added expense.

And some post that they only sail in a full suite. I don't mind. If they can afford to do so then they are welcome to enjoy their suites.

• Like 2

We like suites, but we also like balcony rooms...didn't think it was a problem as some posting here seem to act as though it is.  When we're able to have one, we're thrilled.  But we're also thrilled just to be on a ship no matter what stateroom.

We loved sailing in a suite on the Regal a couple of years ago. We got a bargain because we took an upsell. A couple of cruises later, we were in an inside cabin and will be on our next cruise as well unless the Upgrade Fairy pays us a visit.

"we are ELITE , sailing in a FULL SUITE, hoping to take the JET COPTER to make our flight with FIRST CLASS seats"

or

" we are ruby , booked and inside cabin , and hope we can get to the greyhound station on time "

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

"we are ELITE , sailing in a FULL SUITE, hoping to take the JET COPTER to make our flight with FIRST CLASS seats"

or

" we are ruby , booked and inside cabin , and hope we can get to the greyhound station on time "

"Say hello to the Captain for me!  I'm an important part of his life."

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

From the subject line, I thought this was going to be a thread that folks could use to post and read about Princess suites. Sad it’s not. 

HI HaveDogWillTtravel,

I think the thing about choosing a Cabin is a very personal thing, some people like a particularly deck then forward, mid or aft

then type of cabin, depending on the cruise and how much time you will spend in your cabin....

Is it worth it fro a suite only you can judge that, it is the same choice on what type of car you drive..... 

Others just want a bed... to us it is a place to retreat too, particularly on sea days, so it must be comfortable for us....

It making the difference between average and great to us. 

Also if you Google the cabin number you are bound to find a video of most the suites...

Whatever cabin you are in ... You are on Cruise... so whatever floats your boat ( ship )

Cheers and enjoy your next cruise

Don

• Like 3

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

or

5 minutes ago, bemis12 said:

"Say hello to the Captain for me!  I'm an important part of his life."

It was our first and only so far cruise for our 25th wedding anniversary that we saved for years to be able to go on.  We were all set to go in a Ruby mini suite when we got a call from the upgrade fairy, so we took it.

We got a bit of flak from a couple of cruisers over the fact that we were in a Vista Suite (we never told anyone where we were unless asked), kind of like the comments I quoted.

In our case, it was drive 12 hours in a 1996 Ford Bronco to get to a somewhat seedy hotel in Lakewood, Washington, to have son take us to the pier and also pick us up when the cruise was over.

This cruise was the last time I really felt special since our actual wedding.  If that makes me appear snobbish, I am sorry.  We are in our sixties with slowly failing health and it may be our last opportunity to do something really special.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Lindaru said:

It was our first and only so far cruise for our 25th wedding anniversary that we saved for years to be able to go on.  We were all set to go in a Ruby mini suite when we got a call from the upgrade fairy, so we took it.

We got a bit of flak from a couple of cruisers over the fact that we were in a Vista Suite (we never told anyone where we were unless asked), kind of like the comments I quoted.

In our case, it was drive 12 hours in a 1996 Ford Bronco to get to a somewhat seedy hotel in Lakewood, Washington, to have son take us to the pier and also pick us up when the cruise was over.

This cruise was the last time I really felt special since our actual wedding.  If that makes me appear snobbish, I am sorry.  We are in our sixties with slowly failing health and it may be our last opportunity to do something really special.

I'm not sure why you singled out those quotes as if they were directed at you.  Mine certainly was not..........

10 minutes ago, bemis12 said:

I'm not sure why you singled out those quotes as if they were directed at you.  Mine certainly was not..........

No, not directed at me.  You knew nothing about me beyond what I have posted here, but I personally would not judge people in suites as generally being that way.  I imagine if there was our situation, there are probably many others who chose suites for reasons other than "status".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Lindaru said:

There are probably many others who chose suites for reasons other than "status".

Actually "status" is not a reason we travel in a suite..... we enjoy the space and position on the ship....

It also happen to come with a very nice breakfast every morning, and the free laundry which are nice to have...

We never say what cabin we are in and having reach the silver color card it allows us access to canapés, not because of what cabin we are in...... which is good

It is the same, what color card, what cabin are you in... it makes no difference, we are on a cruise to enjoy ourselves regardless of rough weather, fire on board, missed ports and grumpy and rude people .

We are going to have a great time..... and yes to us it does make it better in a suite 

Cheers Don

• Like 5

We have been in an inside, oceanview, balcony and suite.  We had a suite on Celebrity and it was great - just a regular, but it was roomy, nice large couch, nice big bathroom with tub, and two dressers.  If I could afford it, I would take a suite everytime, but you take what you can afford.  

23 minutes ago, roxievegas said:

We have been in an inside, oceanview, balcony and suite.  We had a suite on Celebrity and it was great - just a regular, but it was roomy, nice large couch, nice big bathroom with tub, and two dressers.  If I could afford it, I would take a suite everytime, but you take what you can afford.  

POWERBALL drawing tonight

LIMO ridin'

LEAR JET flyn'

Woooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

• Like 1