Sky Princess Side Balconies

Woobstr112G

Maybe it's a case of wishful thinking, but I thought I saw/heard something some time ago (probably last year) that stated that side balconies on the Sky might be somewhat larger (wider) than on previous Royal class ships.  Has anyone else heard of or read this? 

Bob

26 minutes ago, Woobstr112G said:

Maybe it's a case of wishful thinking, but I thought I saw/heard something some time ago (probably last year) that stated that side balconies on the Sky might be somewhat larger (wider) than on previous Royal class ships.  Has anyone else heard of or read this? 

Bob

Yes, I think there are some deluxe balconies with much larger balconies.  I'm getting ready to shut down my computer now so can't help any further, but if you look at the deck plans they are forward and aft and on the lower decks.

18 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

It appears from the Deck Plans that on the Dolphin deck both far Forward and far Aft, there are side balconies on the Sky that are larger. I booked one for next year, so I am hoping that is the case!

😎

I have a PH Suite on Riveira.  Guess it was wishful thinking on my part.....

Bob

43 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

It appears from the Deck Plans that on the Dolphin deck both far Forward and far Aft, there are side balconies on the Sky that are larger. I booked one for next year, so I am hoping that is the case!

😎

Based on this photo that was posted from the Majestic of the larger Dolphin deck aft balconies which are also shown on the Sky’s Dolphin deck plan you’ll have a larger balcony.

816A927B-612F-4EEA-A4B1-7A6EE4E03029.jpeg

On the Spanish Passage (maiden TA voyage of Sky Princess) we were just upgraded from M1 (guaranteed mini-suite) to M6 (premium mini-suite) — one of those forward (16th Floor) club class mini-suites with the jumbo balcony!!!  What a treat!!  Thank you, Princess!  What a party we can fit on that balcony.  Only 4 of the M6 staterooms on Sky.

Since we’ve never been in one of these special staterooms, if anyone has experiences with one of them and would care to share/comment we’d be ever so grateful.

On the Spanish Passage (maiden TA voyage of Sky Princess) we were just upgraded from M1 (guaranteed mini-suite) to M6 (premium mini-suite) — one of those forward (16th Floor) club class mini-suites with the jumbo balcony!!!  What a treat!!  Thank you, Princess!  What a party we can fit on that balcony.  Only 4 of the M6 staterooms on Sky.

Since we’ve never been in one of these special staterooms, if anyone has experiences with one of them and would care to share/comment we’d be ever so grateful.

Then there are people like me that were really excited to get a back to back on the Enchanted in a Window Suite!  Suite amenities with the price about equal to or sometimes even lower than a CC mini!  And you don't have to consider the size of your balcony as you don't have one!  Grin.  Also the deck plans are showing that the WS is approximately 710 sq.ft. without a balcony compared to close by penthouse suites that are only 440 sq.ft., including the balcony!  Almost double the size!  Can't wait for my Enchanted cruise!

Pooh

30 minutes ago, PoohUnderstands said:

Then there are people like me that were really excited to get a back to back on the Enchanted in a Window Suite!  Suite amenities with the price about equal to or sometimes even lower than a CC mini!  And you don't have to consider the size of your balcony as you don't have one!  Grin.  Also the deck plans are showing that the WS is approximately 710 sq.ft. without a balcony compared to close by penthouse suites that are only 440 sq.ft., including the balcony!  Almost double the size!  Can't wait for my Enchanted cruise!

Pooh

I agree.  I got the other one on the TA...can't wait.  Got an absolutely amazing price.  

3 hours ago, Captaincircle said:

M107 and M108 have the really, really big balconies that are directly on top and extend out to the edge of the bridge.  Been in both on Regal and Majestic and they can be absolutely amazing or really windy...just depends.  L107 and L108 have balconies that are definitely larger than other mini suites and give you side and forward views, but are not nearly as big as the Marina deck ones.  You could easily put 50 people on the M107/108 balconies.  Regardless of deck, those mini suites have a nice layout that feels more like a two room full suite than a normal mini.  You can search YouTube for those cabins on Royal/Regal and see...and you get Club Class with M6 minis 👍🏻😊

On 7/29/2019 at 10:44 PM, PoohUnderstands said:

Pooh

Hi Poo-Poo!!!

We are jealous beyond the limit!!!  A B2B in a Window Suite with the square footage larger than some people’s condos!!! We nabbed a Window Suite for a Western Caribbean in March 2021. I can’t wait to see pictures of the Suite.......hoping maybe to get a sneak peak on the Sky Princess in a few months by stalking outside those cabins!! They sound unbelievable!  Congrats!!!

With such x-large decks on some of these premium mini-suites and suites what do they put on them by way of chairs and tables.  Two regular chairs and the small table on regular balcony and mini-suites seem dwarfed and insulting to the space.  Do they put extra furniture out?  Where will people sit when we are hosting a party?

20 hours ago, LongToSeeTheSea said:

M107 and M108 have the really, really big balconies that are directly on top and extend out to the edge of the bridge.  Been in both on Regal and Majestic and they can be absolutely amazing or really windy...just depends.  L107 and L108 have balconies that are definitely larger than other mini suites and give you side and forward views, but are not nearly as big as the Marina deck ones.  You could easily put 50 people on the M107/108 balconies.  Regardless of deck, those mini suites have a nice layout that feels more like a two room full suite than a normal mini.  You can search YouTube for those cabins on Royal/Regal and see...and you get Club Class with M6 minis 👍🏻😊

Thanks for this information LTSTS. You’re both dears! I’m hearing all kinds of mixed information about being able to use the balcony on sea days.  Obviously, if it’s so windy you’d get blown overboard than don’t be an idiot and try to use it.  But on relatively calm days at sea are the balcony police likely to issue a citation? Someone thought there was some kind of “lock down” mechanism on the balcony door on sea days .... but I’m guessing that’s hysterical information and urban myth. Inquiring minds want to know based on your extensive experience!!!

Many, many thanks. 🥰

12 hours ago, Captaincircle said:

Hi Poo-Poo!!!

We are jealous beyond the limit!!!  A B2B in a Window Suite with the square footage larger than some people’s condos!!! We nabbed a Window Suite for a Western Caribbean in March 2021. I can’t wait to see pictures of the Suite.......hoping maybe to get a sneak peak on the Sky Princess in a few months by stalking outside those cabins!! They sound unbelievable!  Congrats!!!

Hi Captain!

Yes, I am eagerly waiting for the Sky to start sailing and then I am going to plead with someone to send me pictures of the WS!  I would at this point, even accept seeing a diagram!  Maybe when Sky does actually sail, Princess will have a drawing or pics of the WS on their website by then.  Wish all the ships had WS's!

Pooh

• Thanks 1

Princess added width to the aft portion of Dolphin and Emerald beginning with the Majesty. This allowed them to upgrade that area to mini-suites and premium deluxe balconies. Owners suites on Emerald gained interior space and the PH's on Dolphin got monster balconies. 

3 hours ago, john_galt said:

Princess added width to the aft portion of Dolphin and Emerald beginning with the Majesty. This allowed them to upgrade that area to mini-suites and premium deluxe balconies. Owners suites on Emerald gained interior space and the PH's on Dolphin got monster balconies. 

Thanks, J_G!!  I’m stumped, however, on “PH’s on Dolphin”.  Which staterooms are those?  Do you have pics of the monsters??  I love a balcony but must admit, I’m excited to experience life in the Window Suite of jumbo proportion.

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 8:41 PM, Captaincircle said:

We recently had M108 on the Royal, and it was the best cabin we've ever had. The enormous deck was wonderful. And we got a special bonus of star gazing from our bed out the huge window at the foot of the bed. Layout of the cabin was great. Bedroom separate from bedroom, so hubby could wander around there and the bathroom without waking me up when he got up way too early. Drawback is that I don't know how happy we'll be with a lesser cabin.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, john_galt said:

PH is short for Penthouse. Port side on Dolphin is D726 and starboard is D727. They are the balconies on the aft corners, second from the bottom in the photo. Emerald corners are Owners Suites (OS). 

Thanks for educating me.  Those loom huge and completely out of control!!!  I love it!  All it needs is a disco ball and you’re room will be party central.  Open bar, please!

2 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

We recently had M108 on the Royal, and it was the best cabin we've ever had. The enormous deck was wonderful. And we got a special bonus of star gazing from our bed out the huge window at the foot of the bed. Layout of the cabin was great. Bedroom separate from bedroom, so hubby could wander around there and the bathroom without waking me up when he got up way too early. Drawback is that I don't know how happy we'll be with a lesser cabin.

That’s what I’ve suspected, dear SH!!! Once you get a taste of Dom Perignon you don’t ever want Asti Spumante again! 😂🤣😂

Sky Princess in November will be my first Royal Class vessel.  I think my life is about to change for the better......forever!!!!

Thanks for sharing your experiences and insights!

• Like 1

On 7/30/2019 at 9:08 PM, Captaincircle said:

Thanks for this information LTSTS. You’re both dears! I’m hearing all kinds of mixed information about being able to use the balcony on sea days.  Obviously, if it’s so windy you’d get blown overboard than don’t be an idiot and try to use it.  But on relatively calm days at sea are the balcony police likely to issue a citation? Someone thought there was some kind of “lock down” mechanism on the balcony door on sea days .... but I’m guessing that’s hysterical information and urban myth. Inquiring minds want to know based on your extensive experience!!!

Many, many thanks. 🥰

The balconies are never locked on sea days.  The warning Princess puts on the website about balcony use being restricted or limited on sea days is just because of the possible wind issues restricting you’re ability to use it.  It can be VERY windy on the forward facing balconies on some sea days. 

On 8/1/2019 at 12:13 AM, LongToSeeTheSea said:

The balconies are never locked on sea days.  The warning Princess puts on the website about balcony use being restricted or limited on sea days is just because of the possible wind issues restricting you’re ability to use it.  It can be VERY windy on the forward facing balconies on some sea days. 

Thanks so much, LTSTS!!!  Great info.  We appreciate your taking the time to share it with us!