Towel Animals

awhcruiser

11 hours ago, rajkr74 said:

To add to this towel animal conversation, on our South Pacific cruise on the Maasdam this year we had an explosion of towel animals by the Lido Pool area.  It was pretty cool.

y4mAPINIQs9b0au6Sj5AO9UpstrCmEdmDmcYb2_Y

y4moF0msRRUFYzspOFOeiLaBt2hm2rtvSvDgYBaZ

y4mo0CS4MtGkOKArXGXeTUoazjHva1PkxPzISGZ3

y4miCOU4F9S6VnRBdQkvO1z2bz0Li6AyJ3R37kFW

Very nice!

2 hours ago, Randyk47 said:

I think the issue for my wife was that they had gone into our drawers and not so much that it was her nightgown.   Right or wrong she felt it was an invasion of her privacy.    

I would have felt the same way...

Those towel animals are lots of fun.

But the cabin stewards are forced to take care of far too many cabins now.

The only way to allow them to offer these things is to make then in advance and use them over and over again.

A great  way to contract Norwalk Virus is to handle towel animals that have been used in other cabins during your cruise.

Thank you HAL. Great way to save money.

Edited by Donald

34 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Count me as a grinch, I guess....

I think the stewards have enough to do without having to make towel animals for adults. If they want to make them for children, fine.  I don't need them or appreciate them.

14 minutes ago, iancal said:

Agree.  We do not care about them.

I suggest you tell your steward not to bother, but I think many of us enjoy the whimsy, so please don't ruin it for us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/31/2019 at 11:04 AM, Donald said:

The only way to allow them to offer these things is to make then in advance and use them over and over again.

Nope, they are made fresh for each cruiser.  You’ll find the towels in the drawer that’s under the bed.

The stewards are very quick to make them.  They have it down to a fine art.

I like to hand out these adhesive eyes to the stewards. I only do it if they make me an animal. I don't want them to think that they have to and I tell them it's for all the other towel animals. In other words they aren't just for ours. They seem to appreciate it.

https://www.michaels.com/self-adhesive-wiggle-eyes-assortment-creatology/10356654.html?cm_mmc=PLASearch-_-google-_-MICH_Shopping_US_N_Kids_N_N_N_N-_-Kids&gclsrc=aw.ds&&cm_mmc=PLASearch-_-google-_-MICH_Shopping_US_N_Kids_N_N_N_N-_-Kids&gclid=EAIaIQobChMImJ7U5Pvn4wIVEZ6fCh3QgQDHEAQYASABEgJERfD_BwE

On 7/30/2019 at 9:50 AM, Randyk47 said:

My wife used to think the towel animal were cute until one day they took her nightgown out of a drawer and incorporated it in one of animals.   She was not a happy camper....maybe not a happy cruiser would be more appropriate.  Let’s just say there were no more towel creations for the rest of that cruise.

I also would have have been a little miffed about it.

On 7/30/2019 at 10:24 PM, rajkr74 said:

To add to this towel animal conversation, on our South Pacific cruise on the Maasdam this year we had an explosion of towel animals by the Lido Pool area.  It was pretty cool.

y4mAPINIQs9b0au6Sj5AO9UpstrCmEdmDmcYb2_Y

y4moF0msRRUFYzspOFOeiLaBt2hm2rtvSvDgYBaZ

y4mo0CS4MtGkOKArXGXeTUoazjHva1PkxPzISGZ3

y4miCOU4F9S6VnRBdQkvO1z2bz0Li6AyJ3R37kFW

So cool.

On 7/31/2019 at 7:50 AM, cruisemom42 said:

Count me as a grinch, I guess....

I think the stewards have enough to do without having to make towel animals for adults. If they want to make them for children, fine.  I don't need them or appreciate them.

When I meet my stewards, the first thing I tell them is "No towel animals for me.  I've seen them all and it will save you some time".  They are noticeably grateful.

On 7/30/2019 at 6:50 AM, Randyk47 said:

My wife used to think the towel animal were cute until one day they took her nightgown out of a drawer and incorporated it in one of animals.   She was not a happy camper....maybe not a happy cruiser would be more appropriate.  Let’s just say there were no more towel creations for the rest of that cruise.

I seem to remember WAY back in the day....there were no towel animals but everything was made from our night wear.

Duplicate post

Edited by cruisin'mama
duplicate post

Edited by cruisin'mama
duplicate post

1 hour ago, cruisin'mama said:

I seem to remember WAY back in the day....there were no towel animals but everything was made from our night wear.

I don’t remember any of any kind on HAL before the towel animals migrated from Carnival. 

6 hours ago, cruisin'mama said:

Somewhere I have a picture of a butterfly made out of my nightgown a long time ago. Not sure what line. I had tucked the nightgown under my pillow as I do at home,  so it didn't bother me. But when I came across the picture recently, it struck me as a bit creepy.

5 hours ago, Randyk47 said:

I don’t remember any of any kind on HAL before the towel animals migrated from Carnival. 

Honestly the last nightgown animal i can remember was on the SS Norway , which at the time I thought was a nice ship, not luxury but nice. It was back when you could cruise without an adult and I wasn't 21 yet.  I wasn't cruising on HAL in those days!

On 7/31/2019 at 7:38 AM, Randyk47 said:

I think the issue for my wife was that they had gone into our drawers and not so much that it was her nightgown.   Right or wrong she felt it was an invasion of her privacy.    

Even more, it was downright creepy. 

I don't want anyone going through my drawers or shelves.