Ship replacing Harmony in PC in 2021

Just now, orville99 said:

That would not make any sense. Harmony sails full every week at inflated prices, so why would RCL abandon a lucrative 7-night cruse market?

I totally agree - both of my voyages on my B2B last month were fully booked. Clearly an important market.

1 minute ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

The question was what ship would replace Harmony not Mariner. I do agree that SY is likely.

That's true although I think there will be 2 new ships to increase passenger numbers to CocoCay.

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Independence is much bigger than Mariner carrying more passengers.

Maybe Symphony will take over from Harmony.

I wouldn't say much bigger,  just 500 more pax.

7 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I wouldn't say much bigger,  just 500 more pax.

Is that before all the new cabins replaced the CL during her refit?

Even 500 passengers at $500pp is a lot more money plus all the paying activities at Coco Cay add up too.

Edited by grapau27

12 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Is that before all the new cabins replaced the CL during her refit?

Even 500 passengers at $500pp is a lot more money plus all the paying activities at Coco Cay add up too.

They are adding around the same number of pax to Voyager and Freedom classes, so the difference stays around 500.

• Thanks 1

The fact is Port Canaveral is positioning itself to be the number 1 cruise port in Florida. Carnival will be bringing in their best and newest ship Mardi Gras late 2020 in a new pier currently under construction.  Disney is bringing their next two brand new ships during this time frame as well. So any of you who think Royal will counter by bringing either nothing or an older Freedom class ship you are delusional. More than likely what will occur is a new build or Symphony and at the very least something the port has not seen such as a Quantum class ship. Oh and by the way...Port Canaveral will be the first LNG capable port in Florida...this is what the new ships I mentioned will be powered by.

Edited by rolloman
added information
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Human nature is to complain more than praise.😉

Hey John. You and Laura are all set. Just see "Ace". He says he knows you and will take care of you. 

Now back to your regularly scheduled debate. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rolloman said:

The fact is Port Canaveral is positioning itself to be the number 1 cruise port in Florida. Carnival will be bringing in their best and newest ship Mardi Gras late 2020 in a new pier currently under construction.  Disney is bringing their next two brand new ships during this time frame as well. So any of you who think Royal will counter by bringing either nothing or an older Freedom class ship you are delusional. More than likely what will occur is a new build or Symphony and at the very least something the port has not seen such as a Quantum class ship. Oh and by the way...Port Canaveral will be the first LNG capable port in Florida...this is what the new ships I mentioned will be powered by.

Yep, bring on Icon.  Eventually

BTW, does South FL have a commitment for an LNG ship yet?  The fuel is coming from South Carolina. seems silly to send it 6 - 8 hours further south.  And the space program loves LNG

Edited by John&LaLa

2 minutes ago, FLACRUISER99 said:

Because RCI always seems to do things that don't seem to make any sense.

There is more chance of me becoming the next US president (I'm not even American) than no ship being put on the 7 night run in Port Canaveral. Both Harmony sailings that I was on last month from Port Canaveral were full. If they can completely fill an Oasis Class, then it is definitely a very profitable port for them.

Edited by CruisingJoe09

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Welcome to the happy age of retirement!  😄 

You got that right.  The year I turned 55 the FL legislature voted that if you had 30 years and were 55 you could retire.  I had my 30 years and turned 55 that April.  Told boss I was out the door.  Best decision I ever made.  Life is to short to waste on work.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Snit13 said:

You got that right.  The year I turned 55 the FL legislature voted that if you had 30 years and were 55 you could retire.  I had my 30 years and turned 55 that April.  Told boss I was out the door.  Best decision I ever made.  Life is to short to waste on work.

Agree on that one!!  My goal was to make it to 55, working another year.  Bucky had already been retired for a year already.  He was getting bored..."no one to play with" and knew the stress I was under.  Soooo for me...retired at 54 was the end result...and same thing....best thing I ever did.  🙂 

• Like 1

On 7/30/2019 at 5:29 PM, orville99 said:

That would not make any sense. Harmony sails full every week at inflated prices, so why would RCL abandon a lucrative 7-night cruse market?

We are traveling to Ft. Lauderdale to sail on the Allure rather than going to PC, which is 3 hours closer precisely because the cost is so much higher to sail out of PC. it would have been $800 more to sail on the Harmony in the same time frame. No way is RCCL going to abandon this money maker.

5 hours ago, sunkey1 said:

We are traveling to Ft. Lauderdale to sail on the Allure rather than going to PC, which is 3 hours closer precisely because the cost is so much higher to sail out of PC. it would have been $800 more to sail on the Harmony in the same time frame. No way is RCCL going to abandon this money maker.

Totally agree.  Definitely a money maker.  My cruise coming up on Harmony is about a grand more than what I paid for same time of year, same cabin on Oasis when she was in PC last year.  I think the difference is Harmony being a newer ship IMHO.   Harmony also newer than Allure.  

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Totally agree.  Definitely a money maker.  My cruise coming up on Harmony is about a grand more than what I paid for same time of year, same cabin on Oasis when she was in PC last year.  I think the difference is Harmony being a newer ship IMHO.   Harmony also newer than Allure.  

My upcoming Harmony GS is kinda cheap😇

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mooseman52b said:

Do you think they would rotate in a second Oasis class ship to PC and sail out one each on Saturday and Sunday?

Well that is an interesting thought and quite possible. However I do look for something new to keep pace with all the other new builds soon to be arriving. Quite possible NCL steps up with a Breakaway Plus vessel as well. Port Canaveral is really on the upswing with new shopping and dining on the horizon...lets just hope it does not get ruined. Of its many upsides, such as being in my backyard, it truly is a port which historically has been easy in and easy out. 

Edited by rolloman

I think that a 3rd ship in Canaveral is on the cards, but adding in an Oasis Class and not replacing anything is a huge increase in capacity, so I reckon that they will add a mid-size ship as the 3rd initially and then replace it with Icon. An Oasis Class on Sundays and Icon Class on Saturdays would work well.

Edited by CruisingJoe09
  • Like 1