Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

On 9/24/2019 at 9:48 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

Her last sailing is an 8 night departing on April 9th.  That means she ends her sailing and would theoretically depart on a TA on April 17th.  say a 12 night TA has her in Europe April 29.  The May 15 date is just one port date not necessarily her arrival date.

If you add 54 days to 17 April 2021 you get 10 June 2021 the date Royal Caribbean has a booking in Sydney Australia.

54 days would be the amount of time it would take to sail Fort Lauderdale via Europe to Sydney.

If Odyssey was the ship using the Voyager of the Seas bookings in June 2021 it would certainly balance the Darwin bookings for Royal in October 2021 and April 2022. But the 7 days to get from Darwin to Brisbane in June 2021 is more of a Voyager timetable stopping in the Barrier Reef towns which Ovation is yet to visit.

It is just interesting that these dates match up for something that seems to visit Oz for a quick stopover on the way to somewhere else.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, atgood said:

I was told the last cruise available for booking before the dry dock is April 3, 2021, which is a 9nt round trip from Sydney.  The dry dock is happening after that one now.  Maybe there’s a non-revenue teardown/dry dock prep cruise to Singapore.  

I do not know where the dry dock is happening or where cruises will be from afterwards.  

Update:  I just received a call from the redeployment rep and was told the info I received yesterday (when I called in) about the Voyager OTS April 12, 2021 (the new date) repositioning cruise to Singapore also being cancelled was totally incorrect.  Sooo, she moved us over to that cruise.  

8 hours ago, springaussie said:

If you add 54 days to 17 April 2021 you get 10 June 2021 the date Royal Caribbean has a booking in Sydney Australia.

54 days would be the amount of time it would take to sail Fort Lauderdale via Europe to Sydney.

If Odyssey was the ship using the Voyager of the Seas bookings in June 2021 it would certainly balance the Darwin bookings for Royal in October 2021 and April 2022. But the 7 days to get from Darwin to Brisbane in June 2021 is more of a Voyager timetable stopping in the Barrier Reef towns which Ovation is yet to visit.

It is just interesting that these dates match up for something that seems to visit Oz for a quick stopover on the way to somewhere else.

And then there is the one-off Grand Cayman booking on Aug 15, 2021 in the name of Odyssey of the Seas.  An around the world odyssey for Odyssey?  

10 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

And then there is the one-off Grand Cayman booking on Aug 15, 2021 in the name of Odyssey of the Seas.  An around the world odyssey for Odyssey?  

Would they go around Cape Horn in the middle of Winter?

Another option is Odyssey goes to Alaska mid season to free up a Radiance ship who would then go other duties to take up those Catalina Island visits. 

I doubt Voyager would stay in Oz June 2021 for the Winter. The port schedules show 2 ships coming from Asia in October. It appears the extra Quantum is coming via Fremantle and Hobart. Voyager would come in via Darwin and Brisbane. I cannot find anything to mention Serenade or Radiance in Oz 21/22. 

38 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

8 minutes ago, springaussie said:

Another option is Odyssey goes to Alaska mid season to free up a Radiance ship who would then go other duties to take up those Catalina Island visits. 

But Royal already confirmed that Odyssey would go to Europe in 2021. Maybe Odyssey of the Seas is a place holder name for Oasis or Allure of the Seas (out of Galveston) perhaps?

22 minutes ago, springaussie said:

When did Royal confirm Odyssey is off to Europe? 

I'm sorry, not Royal, but RCL Blog claims Odyssey will head off to Europe in 2021, and those itineraries would be released in November, 2019.

Edited by jbethel11
Website name not permitted, though I wanted to include the correct source.

1 hour ago, springaussie said:

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/florida-cruise-guide/os-tr-cru-royal-caribbean-odyssey-of-the-seas-florida-20190913-7bntubj7xrarbjefok7jj6my5i-story.html

Excerpt:

The ship will sail the winter months out of Port Everglades sailing the Western and Southern Caribbean including stops in Aruba and Curacao, and then spend summer in Europe in 2021.

Edited by TwizzlersAddict
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, springaussie said:

Would they go around Cape Horn in the middle of Winter?

I doubt Voyager would stay in Oz June 2021 for the Winter. The port schedules show 2 ships coming from Asia in October. It appears the extra Quantum is coming via Fremantle and Hobart. Voyager would come in via Darwin and Brisbane. I cannot find anything to mention Serenade or Radiance in Oz 21/22. 

They wouldn't take on Cape Horn in Winter.  I haven't seen conclusive information about Q class ships and the Panama Canal, nor do I want to open that can or worms!  

Alaska is definitely a possibility as you say.  

There is also a port calendar entry in Adelaide consistent with that Fremantle entry indicating a second Q class ship coming into Australia from the west.  

Voyager cruises seem to be selling for lower prices than the other Sydney-based ships.  I wouldn't be surprised if we have Serenade and the two Q class ships (Serenade would take over Voyager's itineraries).  

We know that Ovation of the Seas is going to Alaska via Singapore and Tokyo in Mar-May 2021, and this one would presume, return via the Pacific. Also as we can see listed on the Perth, Adelaide and Hobart port schedules for Oct/Nov 2021  is an entry for Ovation of the Seas (which is showing as unnamed vessel on Sydney ports). This one I  presume would be for another Quantum class vessel. Also listed for Darwin, Brisbane and Sydney ports is Voyager of the Seas. I now have 2 questions: 1. Is RCCL not basing a ship in Singapore over the Oct 2021- Mar 2022 season, or is RCCL going to send Spectrum of the Seas to Singapore, and not have a ship based in China over this period of time. The 2nd question is if any ship will be based in Brisbane.  Any thoughts on this.

3 hours ago, TwizzlersAddict said:

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/florida-cruise-guide/os-tr-cru-royal-caribbean-odyssey-of-the-seas-florida-20190913-7bntubj7xrarbjefok7jj6my5i-story.html

Excerpt:

The ship will sail the winter months out of Port Everglades sailing the Western and Southern Caribbean including stops in Aruba and Curacao, and then spend summer in Europe in 2021.

She will probably sail 7-night Western Mediterranean from Civitavecchia, replacing Explorer during the summer months.

9 hours ago, springaussie said:

8 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

I'm sorry, not Royal, but RCL Blog claims Odyssey will head off to Europe in 2021, and those itineraries would be released in November, 2019.

Royal actually did confirm via a press release: http://m.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-release/1409/royal-caribbean-to-welcome-first-quantum-ultra-class-ship-to-north-america/

6 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

Voyager cruises seem to be selling for lower prices than the other Sydney-based ships.  I wouldn't be surprised if we have Serenade and the two Q class ships (Serenade would take over Voyager's itineraries).  

Voyager’s amplification upgrades didn’t seem to be too well received either. 

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

1 hour ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

Royal actually did confirm via a press release: http://m.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-release/1409/royal-caribbean-to-welcome-first-quantum-ultra-class-ship-to-north-america/

Voyager’s amplification upgrades didn’t seem to be too well received either. 

From the press released you shared and within this sentence below, I think the reference to "seasonal homeport of Fort Lauderdale, FL" means that Odyssey will return  to FLL after the summer of 2021. And yes, RCI can always change things as we have seen them do in the past, but for now that's how I read it.

"The global cruise line’s 27th ship will arrive to her seasonal homeport of Fort Lauderdale, FL in November 2020 to offer 8- and 6-night Caribbean cruises. Odyssey will then continue her inaugural year in Europe for summer 2021."

11 hours ago, woodscruise said:

We know that Ovation of the Seas is going to Alaska via Singapore and Tokyo in Mar-May 2021, and this one would presume, return via the Pacific. Also as we can see listed on the Perth, Adelaide and Hobart port schedules for Oct/Nov 2021  is an entry for Ovation of the Seas (which is showing as unnamed vessel on Sydney ports). This one I  presume would be for another Quantum class vessel. Also listed for Darwin, Brisbane and Sydney ports is Voyager of the Seas. I now have 2 questions: 1. Is RCCL not basing a ship in Singapore over the Oct 2021- Mar 2022 season, or is RCCL going to send Spectrum of the Seas to Singapore, and not have a ship based in China over this period of time. The 2nd question is if any ship will be based in Brisbane.  Any thoughts on this.

To balance the Australia cruise bookings and to keep Asia the same number of ships something extra or 2 will have to come to the Asia/Oz region to match the current port bookings. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, woodscruise said:

My guess is that Spectrum will spend the northern Winter home-ported in Sydney rather than Hong Kong.  Spectrum's season in Shanghai would be shortened.  

Surely Royal will continue home porting a ship in Brisbane given the new terminal, obvious market and capacity constraints in Sydney.  

It looks like Odyssey is accounted for elsewhere based on Royal's announcements.  

2 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

My guess is that Spectrum will spend the northern Winter home-ported in Sydney rather than Hong Kong.  Spectrum's season in Shanghai would be shortened.  

Surely Royal will continue home porting a ship in Brisbane given the new terminal, obvious market and capacity constraints in Sydney.  

It looks like Odyssey is accounted for elsewhere based on Royal's announcements.  

Spectrum is much more customized for China than the other Quantum class ships.  I have a hard time seeing it based in Sydney or anywhere outside of southeast Asia.  Singapore is possible if they really can't support China year-round, but the ship would maintain its heavy Chinese influences.

4 hours ago, timf2001 said:

Spectrum is much more customized for China than the other Quantum class ships.  I have a hard time seeing it based in Sydney or anywhere outside of southeast Asia.  Singapore is possible if they really can't support China year-round, but the ship would maintain its heavy Chinese influences.

This is a common view and I disagree.  Australia already has heavy Chinese (and other Asian) influences.  

English signage (if not already bi-lingual),  some more English speaking crew and some changes to menus might be all that's needed.  Royal's execs may not agree of course. 

• Like 1

Spectrum was built customized for the Chinese market and at least until the first dry dock in 4+ years the ship will be based year round in mainland China.

If Australia will receive anoher Quantum Class ship it will likely be Odyssey, I can't imagine that we will see her homeported in Florida for more than one or two winter seasons. It's a absolute waste as this ship is built to cater to both warm and cold weather which is always a combination experienced on cruises from Australia (that go to New Zealnad = most).  Hence sooner or later we will see possibly Voyager being moved back to FL (to where it all began in 1999)

RCCL wants to continue to grow out of Australia and for their Sydney market the best way to grow further is to exchange Voyager for instance with Odyssey without needing further port slots

On 9/29/2019 at 1:35 PM, timf2001 said:

Singapore's largest demographic of International cruisers believe it or not, is actually the Indian market, not so much the mainland Chinese folks. Plus, local Singaporeans are already heavily westernized, so it's likely that Spectrum will stay in China for the majority of its Asian season.

Alternatively, my guess is that one of the older Oasis class ships will homeport in Singapore or an Australian Port. 

8 minutes ago, Ethanol95 said:

Singapore's largest demographic of International cruisers believe it or not, is actually the Indian market, not so much the mainland Chinese folks. Plus, local Singaporeans are already heavily westernized, so it's likely that Spectrum will stay in China for the majority of its Asian season.

Alternatively, my guess is that one of the older Oasis class ships will homeport in Singapore or an Australian Port. 

But, can ports support the Oasis class?

7 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

But, can ports support the Oasis class?

This has been an idea that has been planned for since 5-6 years ago. The development of infrastructure for these sizes of ships would have been well under way by now or even completed by the time 2021 comes around. Not saying that there will be endless port options. It'll still probably be limited, but much more realistic to homeport one seasonally.

Just to check, i saw a few posts about Voyager undergoing another refurbishment in Apr 2020. Can i know where is this news from? I do agree that the current amplification is rather pathetic compared to the rest of her sisters but I can't seem to find any such information online about this extra refurbishment.

1 hour ago, direptor said:

Just to check, i saw a few posts about Voyager undergoing another refurbishment in Apr 2020. Can i know where is this news from? I do agree that the current amplification is rather pathetic compared to the rest of her sisters but I can't seem to find any such information online about this extra refurbishment.

Voyager info:  http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/RoyalAmplified/19068901_VY_Consumer_Flyer_EF.pdf