Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

5 hours ago, MADflyer said:

[...] we are still missing Brilliance, Explorer, Indy, Mariner, Navigator, Quantum, Spectrum and Voyager for instance. 

-Brilliance sadly seems to stay in Caribbean until July or so... 😞 I dislike since she's a very flexible, attractively sized ship, so she should better do cruises to Alaska, Northern Europe...

-Spectrum, QUantum, Voyager for sure will sail Asia during our summer period (e. g. July), as well as Australia later on.

-Indy, Navigator and Mariner - I am sure they'll stay in Florida for shorter or week-long Caribbean cruises

-Explorer is a question mark kinda... Obviously no Europe, maybe she could do the longer cruises between Bayonne and Québec City, as Vision does in 2020. Otherwise, I have no idea... 

1 hour ago, Jack McGowan said:

Correct but she doesn’t use her lifeboats

Agree. I know Years ago Explorer and Voyager first started Cruising carried their own Tenders. Most Royal ships did back then, this before added Piers and Islands providing Tender Service

Edited by ONECRUISER

I booked my 7 night Greek Isles on Odyssey last night. oddly the price was $115 less than on Tues. It said Flash sail when I was checking out. I was waiting for a sale this weekend hoping for some OBC but since they rarely offer much OBC anymore I just booked it. got the cabin I wanted. Now I just have to wait 534 days!

43 minutes ago, Jax129 said:

I booked my 7 night Greek Isles on Odyssey last night. oddly the price was $115 less than on Tues. It said Flash sail when I was checking out. I was waiting for a sale this weekend hoping for some OBC but since they rarely offer much OBC anymore I just booked it. got the cabin I wanted. Now I just have to wait 534 days!

The Oct. 19 Odyssey Greek Isles cruise that I put on hold (and later cancelled) no longer shows up on RCI's web site. My online travel agency shows "sold out" for all cabin categories. Wonder what happened?

Edited by NancyIL

Guess I'd forgot but 2020-2021 Short Caribbean were not released until March 3rd 2019. Wonder if rest dates will be pushed back like past... Would think strange hasn't said anything about rest of release, but this is Royal. Couple times took until May or June for final dates...

Edited by ONECRUISER

3 minutes ago, NancyIL said:

The Oct. 19 Odyssey Greek Isles cruise that I put on hold (and later cancelled) no longer shows up on RCI's web site. My online travel agency shows "sold out" for all cabin categories. Wonder what happened?

The May 21st 9 nighter I was also interested in disappeared yesterday too but I was pretty set on the 7 day or I would have called. 

5 hours ago, shipfriend_max said:

Spectrum, QUantum, Voyager for sure will sail Asia during our summer period (e. g. July), as well as Australia later on.

A passenger off Voyager yesterday in Sydney was telling me the staff on board believe they are off to Los Angeles.

Sounds like Voyager after the Singapore dry dock is using these bookings as I thought previously.

Darwin 1 June 2021

Brisbane 8 June

Sydney 10 June 

51 minutes ago, springaussie said:

A passenger off Voyager yesterday in Sydney was telling me the staff on board believe they are off to Los Angeles.

Sounds like Voyager after the Singapore dry dock is using these bookings as I thought previously.

Darwin 1 June 2021

Brisbane 8 June

Sydney 10 June 

Springaussie, does this mean that for the 2021/22 Australian season the current fleet will be Radiance in Brisbane, Ovation in Sydney, along with an unnamed vessel that is showing as been here to June 2022, and as Celebrity has release there cruising schedule, possibly a Royal ship in Melbourne (Serenade?)

9 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Guess I'd forgot but 2020-2021 Short Caribbean were not released until March 3rd 2019. Wonder if rest dates will be pushed back like past... Would think strange hasn't said anything about rest of release, but this is Royal. Couple times took until May or June for final dates...

I booked a couple of my 2020- 2021  3/4 day Mariner sailings on 12/5/18

Edited by molly361

8 hours ago, springaussie said:

Darwin 1 June 2021

Brisbane 8 June

Sydney 10 June 

I got of voyager yesterday also and someone in the crew told me that  also.But I didn’t believe it.

Doesn’t LA have a law about hooking up to shore power?

Got this promo announcement e-mail this AM. However, was looking at Anthem's 7 nights Easter 2022 cruise and it priced in Pound Sterling.:classic_blink:

Ghttps://www.royalcaribbean.com/gbr/en/cruise-ships/cruise-schedule?country=GBR&ecid=em_11t_dcmbrc_ema_356_euro_gbr&cid=em_11637676&rid=569770162&emsc=Engagement_Ongoing_GBR_CS&lid=HERO_imgo

Edited by nelblu

2 hours ago, caribbeanboy said:

Carnival has a brand new ship in LA year round now, so maybe they are willing to try again.

Doubt it. Royal isn't big into putting ships here, let alone Compete there with Carnival using a new ship. 

Edited by ONECRUISER

1 minute ago, springaussie said:

Appears to be a Sydney to Los Angeles cruise as one cruise. 
That would get around the Jones Law.

I like the sound of that cruise. Any idea of when it will be available to book? Also do you any sources (I believe you, but I want to see it for myself as well)?

1 hour ago, springaussie said:

Hawaii Ports

Voyager of the Seas 
21 June 2021 1000 to 22 June 2022 1800. 
Honolulu. 

There's the answer to that mysterious 10 June 2021 booking in Sydney; well spotted.  

Sydney - Honolulu is more than 4,400 nautical miles.  Assuming the departure from Sydney remains June 10, I guess there will only be one stop (Lautoka or Port Vila perhaps), if any.  Not sure if Voyager can run all the way without re-fuelling.  

Surely some port bookings would have turned up by now if she was headed to the Caribbean.  California, round-trip Hawaii and/or Mexico looks more likely.  Or Alaska?   

Does anyone know if San Diego also has the "cold iron" rules for cruise ships in port?  

58 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

There's the answer to that mysterious 10 June 2021 booking in Sydney; well spotted.  

Sydney - Honolulu is more than 4,400 nautical miles.  Assuming the departure from Sydney remains June 10, I guess there will only be one stop (Lautoka or Port Vila perhaps), if any.  Not sure if Voyager can run all the way without re-fuelling.  

Surely some port bookings would have turned up by now if she was headed to the Caribbean.  California, round-trip Hawaii and/or Mexico looks more likely.  Or Alaska?   

Does anyone know if San Diego also has the "cold iron" rules for cruise ships in port?  

Thanks for heads up, both of you. Been 20yrs since I was on Voyager. Her coming back might be a sign, been looking do a TP last 4yrs. Now if rates are low enough and can get one my choice Cabins I might Bite...

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Thanks 1