Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

3 minutes ago, MichellePerth said:

Pretty sure they are sending voyager to Singapore for a proper refurb before sending her off to north America.  

I was quoting Springaussie's post regarding this year due to the Coronavirus in China Yes next April 2021 it is going to Singapore for drydocking.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

Source? Also, do you happen to know when Voyager will be in Hawaii?

It’s there somewhere in this thread it’s got a booking in Hawaii.

Voyager goes to Singapore in April from Sydney I believe and is booked in LA June.

so somewhere between then

2 minutes ago, MichellePerth said:

I think if you read through the thread you will find that it is discussed quite a bit. 

Actually, I was the one who originally proposed a question, which wasn't completely answered. I asked for a source a few days ago, but never received one. 

12 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

Source? Also, do you happen to know when Voyager will be in Hawaii?

Voyager is booked into LA 25 June 2021 till December and beyond 

I believe it’s doing a dry dock in Singapore end of April and then onto LA.

check Hawaii docks 

3 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Voyager is booked into LA 25 June 2021 till December and beyond 

Yes, I understand this information. I was looking more for conformation the ship would be making a stop in Hawaii. (i.e. Port confirmations, announcements, etc.)

10 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

Yes, I understand this information. I was looking more for conformation the ship would be making a stop in Hawaii. (i.e. Port confirmations, announcements, etc.)

The port calls for Voyager in June 2021, at Honolulu, Lahaina and Kona IIRC are here: 

https://hawaii.portcall.com/#!?tab=2

No announcements yet.  

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

You are allowed to search the thread for discussions about specific ships that have already been covered. I guess it was about 25 pages ago. 

The Honolulu call is among 3 Hawaii calls booked. on the 21st of June with an overnight to the 22nd. 

21VOYAGER OF THE SEAS10:0018:00on Jun 22Pier 2C

28 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

No official announcement by royal just good speculation by members.

March I believe it should be released by royal?

I am increasingly getting the feeling that Galveston may not be getting a second ship for 4-5 day runs to Mexico. I'll love the Allure, of course, but would love to have the second option. It seems like most of those options have now been assigned to other places. There was a chart several pages suggesting that maybe the Adventure comes back after it leaves; perhaps. 

So.... most of the options are assigned elsewhere, but Royal is building that fancy new pier (admittedly for Fall 2021, not Summer). My guess is that wouldn't have happened if something wasn't filling the perfectly useful existing berthing space. I wonder if it is Royal that will be using it. 

1 hour ago, Petroplex said:

I am increasingly getting the feeling that Galveston may not be getting a second ship for 4-5 day runs to Mexico.

Galveston may have only one ship up until mid-November of 2021 when Adventure may return to the port from dry dock in Europe. 

Explorer could be a wild card and be sent to Galveston from April or May when Jewel leaves. Explorer has a few calls at Grand Cayman but otherwise Galveston is tough to speculate as most ports do not report their schedules. 

9 hours ago, MichellePerth said:

Pretty sure they are sending voyager to Singapore for a proper refurb before sending her off to north America.  

The unexpected shipyard visit may be to install the interface to accept shore power.  That's not a trivial modification.  California requires that ships run on shore power while in port.

Edited by twangster
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cublet said:

Hello,

I'm still waiting to hear about the second ship out of the UK that Bayely promised us - but I'm not holding my breath.

Regards,

Cublet

Explorer and Independence both still unknown, one could go to Southampton and the other to either FLL or Galveston.

Edited by CruisingJoe09

7 minutes ago, twangster said:

The unexpected shipyard visit may be to install the interface to accept shore power.  That's not a trivial modification.  California requires that ships run on shore power while in port.

Quite possibly you are correct.  I do not know anything about engines, other than the fact that it would be fabulous if they.could go nuclear.   I am fairly certain that they will also do all the things they did when the us based ships were amplified.  Like refurbish the existing cabins.  I was on voyager in August out of Hong Kong pre amplification and again out of Sydney in December.  In August I noticed that the mable floors were stained and the marble skirting/baseboard was often detached from the wall and was chipped and stained.  The absolute first thing I saw upon boarding December was the stained and damaged skirting had merely been glued back on.  They didn’t give Australians a full amplification.  They are doing that in Singapore I was told.  They may well be doing engine work.  I do question way they would bother as they have an icon coming out a year or so later.   Is there really anything to see off of the west coast of the USA?  I’m in Perth, on the west coast of Australia and cruise ships would likely have better luck finding ports of interest here.  I don’t see the point of making a huge investment in voyagers engines to make them compliant.  Quite possibly icon won’t go there.  

2 minutes ago, MichellePerth said:

They didn’t give Australians a full amplification.

Same with Mariner and Adventure.  Only Navigator got the full treatment.   Time will tell what happens with Explorer.

3 minutes ago, MichellePerth said:

I do question way they would bother as they have an icon coming out a year or so later.

Icon will initially have limited home ports due to the LNG fueling.  Plus I'm not sure a modern mega ship fits California.  Limited destinations and ports that repeat over and over.  It's a rather boring experience once you've done the handful of ports within reach.    A Voyager class ship is pretty much right sized for California initially.

9 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

The port calls for Voyager in June 2021, at Honolulu, Lahaina and Kona IIRC are here: 

https://hawaii.portcall.com/#!?tab=2

No announcements yet.  

Thank you for this link. This was exactly what I was thinking of! But what's interesting is how they will get from Hawaii to LA in 3 days, especially considering the ship would have to stop in Ensenada.

With these Voyager sailings from Los Angeles what I suspect what has happened is Miami has hit the roof after the Blog ran article showing the port bookings and has asked the port to remove them from the website. 
When other port bookings for Voyager in Sydney, Brisbane, Darwin and Hawaii start disappearing we will know something is going on. 

15 minutes ago, springaussie said:

When other port bookings for Voyager in Sydney, Brisbane, Darwin and Hawaii start disappearing we will know something is going on. 

What do you mean by this? Is it a good thing that they are starting to disappear? I guess I am just a bit excited because a Hawaii to LA cruise would be awesome!

5 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

What do you mean by this? Is it a good thing that they are starting to disappear? I guess I am just a bit excited because a Hawaii to LA cruise would be awesome!

The Hawaii to Los Angeles cruise starts in Sydney 10 June. It appears to be done in one go. You will have to come and visit us in Oz to go on that cruise. 

3 hours ago, twangster said:

Same with Mariner and Adventure.  Only Navigator got the full treatment.   Time will tell what happens with Explorer.

Icon will initially have limited home ports due to the LNG fueling.  Plus I'm not sure a modern mega ship fits California.  Limited destinations and ports that repeat over and over.  It's a rather boring experience once you've done the handful of ports within reach.    A Voyager class ship is pretty much right sized for California initially.

What is the full treatment? Adding more cabins on deck 11 forward and relocating the fitness center in the back? And the new look of the pool deck. However, there is no difference how existing standard cabins have been treated I believe.