Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

28 minutes ago, MichellePerth said:

I lifted and shifted to quantum in that same route in 4/22.  

im just curious why you folks chose radiance when you could have sailed on quantum at the same price.

I chose Radiance because I liked itinerary better.  I have been to many places in New Zealand and Radiance out of Brisbane went to ports there I had not seen. Radiance  out of Brisbane was the only sailing that went to Great Barrier Reef which I have not seen on my previous Australia visits .  Pricing was less For Radiance TP as  I did not lift and shift but simply transferred 2 existing bookings to these two Radiance sailings.  I have cruised out of Sydney two previous times and dates of Radiance worked better for us to add a visit as my daughter & SIL who live in Sydney. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, emmy said:

I chose Radiance because I liked itinerary better.  I have been to many places in New Zealand and Radiance out of Brisbane went to ports there I had not seen. Radiance  out of Brisbane was the only sailing that went to Great Barrier Reef which I have not seen on my previous Australia visits .  Pricing was less For Radiance TP as  I did not lift and shift but simply transferred 2 existing bookings to these two Radiance sailings.  I have cruised out of Sydney two previous times and dates of Radiance worked better for us to add a visit as my daughter & SIL who live in Sydney. 

27 minutes ago, emmy said:

Thanks for responding Emmy. I was really only referring to the TP.  I did the TP on radiance in sept 2019.  I think I’d prefer a larger ship.  With more to do.  More dining options.  It can get a bit repetitive with only 4 specialty restaurants and the menus in some of those are abbreviated compared to the same venues on larger ships.  

Thanks again for your insight. 💐

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MichellePerth said:

im just curious why you folks chose radiance when you could have sailed on quantum at the same price.

59 minutes ago, emmy said:

28 minutes ago, MichellePerth said:

Thanks for responding Emmy. I was really only referring to the TP.  I did the TP on radiance in sept 2019.  I think I’d prefer a larger ship.  With more to do.  More dining options.  It can get a bit repetitive with only 4 specialty restaurants and the menus in some of those are abbreviated compared to the same venues on larger ships.  

Thanks again for your insight. 💐

Agree with Emmy on the TP.  It was for the itinerary.  Also, we had friends already booked on the Radiance, which is a big factor for us.  We did a TA on the Brilliance.  We like that class of ship.  Don't get me wrong, we also like the Quantum Class, so the itinerary and friends is what sold us.  On the Brilliance TA we had more sea days in a row than on this cruise and we were never bored.  And we don't do specialty restaurants more than a couple of times a cruise, so that is not a big factor for us.

Edited by Sunny AZ Girl

1 hour ago, MichellePerth said:

We are on the Quantum TP out of Sydney (April 2022).  We liked the Radiance itinerary better, but the Quantum was $2K less at the time (GS).  A few weeks after we book, the Quantum price went up and now no GS’s available.  

I am hoping it moves from Sydney to Brisbane   

16 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

Not sure if this has been reported already...  It appears that Radiance is being replaced in Brisbane for the 2021-22 season. 

The Brisbane port bookings are now in the name of Quantum of the Seas.  The first entry is on Oct 30, 2021 which is consistent with this ship's departure from Honolulu on Oct 14,  assuming New Zealand is skipped.  This is followed by regular entries in the port calendar throughout the season.  The last entry is on Apr 11, 2022.   

https://www.portbris.com.au/Operations-and-Trade/Shipping-Schedule/  

Radiance' arrival in Brisbane was on Oct 8, so the first few cruises of the season may be cancelled.  

In addition, many of the cruises are now shorter (not surprising).  This is particularly true of those having south pacific islands itineraries;  these appear to have been split into 2 shorter cruises and/or just shortened.  Perhaps they're planning on domestic only cruises (also no surprise).  

If Quantum moves to Brisbane, which ship replaces her in Sydney?  

Of course it could be a different Q-class ship going to Brisbane.  I haven't looked for other tell-tale port entries yet.  

Well that would be interesting, as we are currently booked on Radiance Jan 31 out of Brisbane for the Great Barrier Reef. I'd actually prefer Quantum, but it would be nice to know, especially if any of the itineraries have changed.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Seville2Cabo said:

Why?

It seems to me that Quantum will be doing the Radiance itinerary.

So if you’re booked to do New Zealand on Quantum before the TP,Quantum will probably be going to Noumea.

I could be wrong.

Complicated???

Edited by Chiliburn

18 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

Not sure if this has been reported already...  It appears that Radiance is being replaced in Brisbane for the 2021-22 season. 

The Brisbane port bookings are now in the name of Quantum of the Seas.  The first entry is on Oct 30, 2021 which is consistent with this ship's departure from Honolulu on Oct 14,  assuming New Zealand is skipped.  This is followed by regular entries in the port calendar throughout the season.  The last entry is on Apr 11, 2022.   

https://www.portbris.com.au/Operations-and-Trade/Shipping-Schedule/  

Radiance' arrival in Brisbane was on Oct 8, so the first few cruises of the season may be cancelled.  

In addition, many of the cruises are now shorter (not surprising).  This is particularly true of those having south pacific islands itineraries;  these appear to have been split into 2 shorter cruises and/or just shortened.  Perhaps they're planning on domestic only cruises (also no surprise).  

If Quantum moves to Brisbane, which ship replaces her in Sydney?  

Of course it could be a different Q-class ship going to Brisbane.  I haven't looked for other tell-tale port entries yet.  

If  Q is due in Brisbane on Oct 30, they must be shortening the TP. I’m booked on Q for the 10/14/21 TP and it is currently 18 nights. 

54 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

If  Q is due in Brisbane on Oct 30, they must be shortening the TP. I’m booked on Q for the 10/14/21 TP and it is currently 18 nights. 

Yes, shortened to 15 nights allowing for a day lost at the date line.  NZ is a bit out of the way if you're sailing from French Polynesia to Brisbane, but it would be disappointing to miss those ports.   I guess they'll offer folks booked on Q TP a switch to Radiance, assuming she's going to Sydney.   

6 hours ago, Sunny AZ Girl said:

We just booked the Radiance TP in April 2022 from Brisbane to Honolulu.  It was a Lift & Shift.  I will be really bummed if this is changed!  I am also wondering how it would affect the L&S?  I would hate to lose the great price we got with that.

Hopefully they'd offer a switch to Quantum in a comparable cabin grade for same price plus some OBC. 

Or you would depart from Sydney instead (assuming that's where she goes of course).  

Wish you good luck. 

3 hours ago, lighthousemom said:

Well that would be interesting, as we are currently booked on Radiance Jan 31 out of Brisbane for the Great Barrier Reef. I'd actually prefer Quantum, but it would be nice to know, especially if any of the itineraries have changed.

The Jan 31 departure is still in the Brisbane port calendar and it's still 8 nights, returning Feb 8.  Looks like same itinerary, on a bigger, shinier ship.  

25 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

The Jan 31 departure is still in the Brisbane port calendar and it's still 8 nights, returning Feb 8.  Looks like same itinerary, on a bigger, shinier ship.  

These cruises are about 18 months off. I imagine there will be a number of changes in the coming months and year.  As some ports open, Royal may decide to jettison whole itineraries. Once cruising is somewhat underway, Australia may not open to cruises.  Royal needs to go where there is some certainty.  If Australia can’t offer that, Royal may commit the ships elsewhere.  All the chopping and changing is expensive for them.

Just now, MichellePerth said:

These cruises are about 18 months off. I imagine there will be a number of changes in the coming months and year.  As some ports open, Royal may decide to jettison whole itineraries. Once cruising is somewhat underway, Australia may not open to cruises.  Royal needs to go where there is some certainty.  If Australia can’t offer that, Royal may commit the ships elsewhere.  All the chopping and changing is expensive for them.

Yes, I agree that we should expect changes.  

The Qld government will want to get value from their investment in the new terminal.  As it stands, the port bookings appear to  replace all cruises to the pacific islands with shorter itineraries.  These would be domestic, and perhaps all intrastate.  

My guess is that the Qld government and the port are cooking up a plan with Royal, but I don't expect any announcements soon.  

4 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

Yes, I agree that we should expect changes.  

The Qld government will want to get value from their investment in the new terminal.  As it stands, the port bookings appear to  replace all cruises to the pacific islands with shorter itineraries.  These would be domestic, and perhaps all intrastate.  

My guess is that the Qld government and the port are cooking up a plan with Royal, but I don't expect any announcements soon.  

This is counter-intuitive as New Caledonia, Fiji and Vanuatu with be hurting more from lost tourism than Qld despite the new terminal outlay.

I am hoping these are placeholders for another ship that may be withdrawn from the Asian market.  @Chiliburn has been spruiking Wonder in the past.

Edited by banzaii

4 minutes ago, banzaii said:

This is counter-intuitive as New Caledonia, Fiji and Vanuatu with be hurting more from lost tourism than Qld despite the new terminal outlay.

I am hoping these are placeholders for another ship that may be withdrawn from the Asian market.  @Chiliburn has been spruiking Wonder in the past.

Nothing has been announced by RC, Just the change in the booking.
I don’t think it is a place holder for wonder but who knows.

I’m thinking it is Quantum,
If there’s still a restriction on overseas travel. It would be hard to fill 2 quantum class out of Sydney and that’s why one was moved to Brisbane.

2 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Nothing has been announced by RC, Just the change in the booking.
I don’t think it is a place holder for wonder but who knows.

I’m thinking it is Quantum,
If there’s still a restriction on overseas travel. It would be hard to fill 2 quantum class out of Sydney and that’s why one was moved to Brisbane.

That is also assuming the intent is to FILL ships when cruising resumes.  

We have seen RCCL use dozens of placeholder port bookings over the years.  I am not going to assume as that can make an a ss out of u and me!

32 minutes ago, banzaii said:

Thinking about the motives...

- The Qld government is more concerned with bringing people to their own tourist areas.  

- Royal sees more viable intrastate itineraries from Brisbane than Sydney, from both Covid safety and cruiser appeal perspectives.  

- Royal would happily send a message to the NSW government for delaying the third cruise terminal.  

- The welfare of south pacific nations is not a motive for either, I'm sorry to say.  

I think the deployment of Wonder or another Oasis class ship to Australia would be tied to Lelepa.  Of course this has been delayed.  

Could be Spectrum but this seems less likely.  

10 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

Thinking about the motives...

- The Qld government is more concerned with bringing people to their own tourist areas.  

- Royal sees more viable intrastate itineraries from Brisbane than Sydney, from both Covid safety and cruiser appeal perspectives.  

- Royal would happily send a message to the NSW government for delaying the third cruise terminal.  

- The welfare of south pacific nations is not a motive for either, I'm sorry to say.  

I think the deployment of Wonder or another Oasis class ship to Australia would be tied to Lelepa.  Of course this has been delayed.  

Could be Spectrum but this seems less likely.  

You forgot one thing, 

Maybe the Queensland government offered some insensitive and good on them.

Just now, Chiliburn said:

You forgot one thing, 

The Qld government is already insensitive!!  Autocorrect strikes!!  🙂 

Incentive?  That is entirely possible.  

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

You forgot one thing, 

Wouldn't the Australian government have to open the international boarders first and let the cruise ships come back to Australia?