Cruise Critic Community
Biker19

Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

On 2/2/2020 at 7:35 PM, island lady said:

Thanks... Next cruise manager here on Vision thinks the west bound TA that hits Greenland/Iceland will be posted in April.  Will continue to wait until then...and if not...looks like something alternate.  Brilliance seems to have done a disappearing act from May to Sept. in 2021.  

Interesting what the future cruise consultant thinks - currently I couldn't imagine any ship, because all of them in 2021 are already allocated. Maybe there's still a tin chance to see Adventure on such an itinerary in fall 2021, but actually I'd expect her in dry dock during that period.

IMHO the only chance for that is a second ship from Southampton in 2021, which could do such an itinerary after her Europe season in early fall. But it still seems to be unclear, if there will be a second ship from Southampton or not in 2021... 

Edited by shipfriend_max

7 minutes ago, shipfriend_max said:

I'd also rather like to see the old Majesty doing such short-cruises from Tampa, or Enchantment, another Vision-Class ship, or Empress. 

Enchantment to Tampa, Brilliance taking over the Baltimore cruises - why not? 🙄

To counter that point, I wouldn’t even consider a cruise from Tampa if it were on Majesty or Empress. I’d gladly go for Brilliance though.

Not everyone can do 12 night Baltic cruises and Royal clearly sees the potential for profit maximization by offering more 3/4/5 night cruises and putting larger ships on those itineraries. I also wouldn’t be surprised to see more of Brilliance’s itineraries going to CocoCay from Tampa - I know they already changed some. 

It was a matter of time...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-02-05/coronavirus-on-diamond-princess-cruise-ship-in-japan/11931688

There is about to be an exodus of all cruise ships out of China.  There won't even be port calls by passing ships.  

I also think they won't come back for quite some time after the pandemic passes because confidence will not return quickly.  

11 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

It was a matter of time...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-02-05/coronavirus-on-diamond-princess-cruise-ship-in-japan/11931688

There is about to be an exodus of all cruise ships out of China.  There won't even be port calls by passing ships.  

I also think they won't come back for quite some time after the pandemic passes because confidence will not return quickly.  

That will be very interesting to see how Royal's plans change..

17 minutes ago, Ethanol95 said:

That will be very interesting to see how Royal's plans change..

Indeed.  

What do the good folks here think Royal will do with Spectrum, Quantum and Voyager for the next several months?  My uninformed guess is that Singapore and Australia will share the two Q class two ships in some combination and Voyager leaves the region.   

I think send spectrum to Singapore.

send Quantum to Alaska in place of radiance ( it’s going to Alaska next year anyway)

leave radiance and voyager in Australia all year

15 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

send Quantum to Alaska in place of radiance ( it’s going to Alaska next year anyway)

Quite possibly you are right.  Royal should not be accepting people who have been through HK or China in the previous 30 days. (the man who infected diamond Princess took 20 days to present to hospital). They will have a hard time filling spectrum with non banned people if cruising out of Taipei. I think Singapore is the only country I'd trust in the region. 

Edited by MichellePerth

28 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Can Quantum profit from going to Alaska this early? It's so cold up there now, who would want to cruise in winter there?

Just now, Ethanol95 said:

Can Quantum profit from going to Alaska this early? It's so cold up there now, who would want to cruise in winter there?

Not immediately. She could do a circumnavigation of Australia.  They sell out every time.   And then go via Hawaii in April. 

1 minute ago, MichellePerth said:

Not immediately. She could do a circumnavigation of Australia.  They sell out every time.   And then go via Hawaii in April. 

That’s a good idea.

Doesn’t voyager go to LA in June.

That just leaves radiance and serenade is coming into the picture too.

9 minutes ago, Ethanol95 said:

Have to be better than floating around the South China Sea empty.

Could they do Vancouver to Hawaii?

Apparently this week is a deciding time if China has control of the situation but it doesn’t look good.

500 people dead,20,000 infected 

24 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Have to be better than floating around the South China Sea empty.

Could they do Vancouver to Hawaii?

Apparently this week is a deciding time if China has control of the situation but it doesn’t look good.

500 people dead,20,000 infected 

The real number is much much higher. I've heard reports that the official website read 170,000 and 20,000 before going to the lower numbers. 

32 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

That’s a good idea.

Doesn’t voyager go to LA in June.

That just leaves radiance and serenade is coming into the picture too.

I think it might be June 2021 

Good idea to send a ship to Japan, especially with the Olympics scheduled later.  NCL is sending their oldest soon to be drydocked Spirit for the summer.

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Quantum class is not able to dock in Seward (and Ketchikan), too big....

1 hour ago, caribbeanboy said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Spectrum ends up in Europe or West Coast.

If she ever does go she will need a major dry dock. 

24 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

Quantum class is not able to dock in Seward (and Ketchikan), too big....

What does ovation do? 

8 minutes ago, MichellePerth said:

What does ovation do? 

Seattle, Juneau, Skagway, Victoria, Tracy Arm Fjord. She can also visit Vancouver, but that might be dependent on other factors. 

Port bookings for Quantum in 2021 suggest she can visit Ketchikan.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

21 minutes ago, MichellePerth said:

What does ovation do? 

Roundtrip Seattle but not one way to Seward and back. They need a smaller ship for that.

3 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

Indeed.  

What do the good folks here think Royal will do with Spectrum, Quantum and Voyager for the next several months?  My uninformed guess is that Singapore and Australia will share the two Q class two ships in some combination and Voyager leaves the region.   

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/22389-bayley-contingency-plans-in-place-for-spectrum.html

2 hours ago, MichellePerth said:

I've heard that the new concierge for quantum is waiting for quantum in Taipei 

Just read on social media Taiwan has banned cruise ships with Chinese crew on board.  If true I assume this would include Spectrum.