Jump to content

Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, woodscruise said:

Just checking the 2022/23 port schedule for Melbourne and it is also showing Celebrity Eclipse as a regular turn around visitor.

 

Also on a side note, Sydney Ports before been taken down was showing a RCCL ship as a regular visitor past the normal April cruise season (it was to early June) any guess if this will still occur. 

Yes, that ship entered Australia on Oct 25, 2021, then called at Adelaide and Hobart before arriving in Sydney on Nov 2, 2021.  No call in Melbourne at the time, suggesting that it's a Quantum class ship.  There were various entries in Sydney with the last being on June 8, 2022. It then called at Brisbane on June 10, 2022 and Darwin on June 16, 2022.  I'll have to check if those calls are still in the port calendars.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

Yes, that ship entered Australia on Oct 25, 2021, then called at Adelaide and Hobart before arriving in Sydney on Nov 2, 2021.  No call in Melbourne at the time, suggesting that it's a Quantum class ship.  There were various entries in Sydney with the last being on June 8, 2022. It then called at Brisbane on June 10, 2022 and Darwin on June 16, 2022.  I'll have to check if those calls are still in the port calendars.  

All these calls are still in the calendars, in the name "Ovation of the Seas".   

I don't think we can expect a third Quantum class ship in Sydney, so I guess this plan is obsolete.  Perhaps this came about when they decided to deploy Quantum of the Seas to Alaska. 

Can't check Sydney port calendar of course.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

A bit of a thought.
A new requirement will be have hand wash stations for all ships.

The older ships will have to be refitted before they can come to Australia.

Edited by Chiliburn
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

A bit of a thought.
A new requirement will be have hand wash stations for all ships.

The older ships will have to be refitted before they can come to Australia.

That could be completed on the way to Australia, as there is little chance ships would be allowed to bring passengers from other ports to Australia (or New Zealand).

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

A bit of a thought.
A new requirement will be have hand wash stations for all ships.

The older ships will have to be refitted before they can come to Australia.

There's a 99% chance that is already planned.

Link to post
Share on other sites

An Ovation cruise from Sydney in Oct 2021 popped up on the web site yesterday.  No cruises showing how Ovation would get from Alaska to Australia.  It's gone today.

Edited by bobmacliberty
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Billy Butlin said:

Hi. Do you know if this will include Asia / Singapore schedules. I'm trying to get some indication of when the Q4 2021 itineraries will be published. Thx. 

Spectrum's itinerary for Beijing/Shanghai/HK for 2021 till Oct is up. Nothing on Singapore yet. I'm interested to see what's going to happen now that Quantum is leaving for Oz.

Edited by Ethanol95
Link to post
Share on other sites

Liberty of the Seas has been booked at Gran Cayman on either 7 or 14 night intervals through April of 2022 for the sailings out of Galveston. 

 

The Allure sailings that have been cancelled did not include Gran Cayman due to the delay of the dock at Gran Cayman. Liberty will be able to continue to call on popular Gran Cayman out of Galveston. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ethanol95 said:

Spectrum's itinerary for Beijing/Shanghai/HK for 2021 till Oct is up. Nothing on Singapore yet. I'm interested to see what's going to happen now that Quantum is leaving for Oz.

You will probably get spectrum.Wonder should be in the water by then.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just posted on a blog that Allure is going to Port Everglades instead of Galveston.

 

"

Royal Caribbean Senior Vice President of Sales and Trade Support & Service Vicki Freed confirmed that Allure of the Seas will instead sail from Port Everglades.

I'm sure you're likely wondering, "Now that the Allure of the Seas is not going to Galveston, where will she be going, Vicki?" Well, we're aren't really sure of her exact itineraries just yet, but it's been confirmed that she will sail from Fort Lauderdale in the winter of 2021 and 2022."

Edited by Blue Eyed Belfast Belle
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

With Liberty remaining in Galveston, that leaves Miami without a ship to do the 3/4 night Bahamas cruises. I wonder what ship will end up doing them. 

I think Navigator will stick around in Miami and Allure will take her place in FLL, albeit probably on 7 nighters.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is the brochure for the 2021-22 Australian deployment - nothing has dropped on the site as yet and brochure/deployment is not on Loyal to You site yet either.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/international/pdf/RCI_21-22_mini_ebrochure_australia.pdf

 

Interestingly, whilst it confirms Quantum and Ovation are coming down under, the only North/South TP listed is for Radiance.  Any ideas?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmmm.  I’m wondering if a 2020 South Pacific from the east cost of Oz can be lifted and shifted to a New Zealand cruise.  The brochure does not appear to offer any cruises with the South Pacific islands (unless you count ANZ as islands).  
 

 

never mind, just needed to scroll down further.

Edited by MichellePerth
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, banzaii said:

Here is the brochure for the 2021-22 Australian deployment - nothing has dropped on the site as yet and brochure/deployment is not on Loyal to You site yet either.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/international/pdf/RCI_21-22_mini_ebrochure_australia.pdf

 

Interestingly, whilst it confirms Quantum and Ovation are coming down under, the only North/South TP listed is for Radiance.  Any ideas?

Didnt I hear not until Thursday? Usually USA time/date sometimes later. Having trouble logging in Royal US and UK and I NEVER do. Might be loading Cruises

Edited by ONECRUISER
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, banzaii said:

Interestingly, whilst it confirms Quantum and Ovation are coming down under, the only North/South TP listed is for Radiance.  Any ideas?

Quantum Class does not have enough space for food storage from Sydney to Hawaii without topping up in Tahiti. Tahiti and Hawaii may still not be available. Royal only has to deal with one cancelled ship with selling Radiance. 

Plus it will probably be Royal's first cruise in Australia since the Covid shutdown. By running with no passengers certainly takes a lot of pressure off them dealing with the Australian Government. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, springaussie said:

Quantum Class does not have enough space for food storage from Sydney to Hawaii without topping up in Tahiti. Tahiti and Hawaii may still not be available. Royal only has to deal with one cancelled ship with selling Radiance. 

Plus it will probably be Royal's first cruise in Australia since the Covid shutdown. By running with no passengers certainly takes a lot of pressure off them dealing with the Australian Government. 

Good point, but they may not be running at full capacity so food storage might not be an issue.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, banzaii said:

Here is the brochure for the 2021-22 Australian deployment - nothing has dropped on the site as yet and brochure/deployment is not on Loyal to You site yet either.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/international/pdf/RCI_21-22_mini_ebrochure_australia.pdf

 

Interestingly, whilst it confirms Quantum and Ovation are coming down under, the only North/South TP listed is for Radiance.  Any ideas?

I don’t think serenade will be coming for our 20-21 season.

Thats my thoughts 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MichellePerth said:

Hmmmm.  I’m wondering if a 2020 South Pacific from the east cost of Oz can be lifted and shifted to a New Zealand cruise.  The brochure does not appear to offer any cruises with the South Pacific islands (unless you count ANZ as islands).  
 

 

never mind, just needed to scroll down further.

I’ve done a little research on L&S . I think It’s for cruises released before May 6 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chiliburn said:

I’ve done a little research on L&S . I think It’s for cruises released before May 6 

Oh, really, I’ll have a look.  I thought I might book a cheap one on radiance in 2020 and shift it to ovation in 2021.  Back to the fine print I go. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I don’t think serenade will be coming for our 20-21 season.

Thats my thoughts 

Feel for you, spent more time on Serenade then any other ship. With situation anything can happen, or change later. Be interesting where she settles in next yr

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, MichellePerth said:

Oh, really, I’ll have a look.  I thought I might book a cheap one on radiance in 2020 and shift it to ovation in 2021.  Back to the fine print I go. 

That’s what I thought.
we have a couple of grand suites on serenade for 12 December to tassie and I thought about L&S to the bigger ships but but ken said it’s for releases up to May 6.

He did say to try.

 I’ll check the new season and ask my agent.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ONECRUISER said:

Feel for you, spent more time on Serenade then any other ship. With situation anything can happen, or change later. Be interesting where she settles in next yr

Everyone love serenade and I love voyager 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...