Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

3 hours ago, banzaii said:

Here is the brochure for the 2021-22 Australian deployment - nothing has dropped on the site as yet and brochure/deployment is not on Loyal to You site yet either.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/international/pdf/RCI_21-22_mini_ebrochure_australia.pdf

Interestingly, whilst it confirms Quantum and Ovation are coming down under, the only North/South TP listed is for Radiance.  Any ideas?

I reckon they simply forgot to put these cruises in the brochure.  These cruises sell very well and I can not imagine Royal would plan to forgo the revenue.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

I reckon they simply forgot to put these cruises in the brochure.  These cruises sell very well and I can not imagine Royal would plan to forgo the revenue.  

Ovation, Quantum, and a few Radiance are posted on the site now.  Might still be loading though.

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

we have a couple of grand suites on serenade for 12 December to tassie and I thought about L&S to the bigger ships

The other reason for denial for that is the ship diff - I think they cut off any L&S between big ship differences like that.

Just now, JBSteelerfan said:

Any guesses if spring TP 2022 cruises will be released with this new batch, or coming at a later date?

Anything past April 2022 will likely be part of "normal" late year releases.

Biker, who may need to start a 22-23 thread.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Thanks!  Hoping to at least see Sydney to HNL at this time.  Guess we might have to wait a bit longer.

24 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The other reason for denial for that is the ship diff - I think they cut off any L&S between big ship differences like that.

I l&s radiance vancouver /seward  b2b to ovation seattle RT b2b. No problem.  The faqs specifically say ship class doesn't matter. 

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Perhaps you could wait until July 30 like last year, make it an yearly event, something to look forward to during those lazy hazy crazy days of summer.

5 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Didnt I hear not until Thursday? Usually USA time/date sometimes later. Having trouble logging in Royal US and UK and I NEVER do. Might be loading Cruises

Australian TA put out an email stating the new itineraries would drop at 10am on the 11th which was 12 hours ago.  Spoke with agent and they couldn't see anything except Radiance 20 September TP which has been posted on TA site but cannot be found on RCCL website yet.

RCCL email just says on Thursday 11th so really could be any time in the next 24-36 hours if true to recent form.

All RCCL web sites are a bit dodgy at the moment so the techos must be doing something.  Hopefully setting Deluxe drinks at $18pp/pn

• Like 1

5 hours ago, springaussie said:

Quantum Class does not have enough space for food storage from Sydney to Hawaii without topping up in Tahiti. Tahiti and Hawaii may still not be available. Royal only has to deal with one cancelled ship with selling Radiance. 

Plus it will probably be Royal's first cruise in Australia since the Covid shutdown. By running with no passengers certainly takes a lot of pressure off them dealing with the Australian Government. 

It is possible that traditional TP ports including Tahiti, may not be open, but there are other options. 

Besides, Tahiti is already talking about resuming flights from France next month (which may require flights via LAX).  So if open to the idea of air travel from highly infected regions next month, it seems reasonable to think a late Sept/early Oct cruise is more than possible.

With these TP being 19-20 day cruises, there is ample quarantine time built in and opportunities for multiple tests en-route.  Hard to see these popular itineraries sailing empty.  

4 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I’ve done a little research on L&S . I think It’s for cruises released before May 6 

We will need to put this to the test.  No lift & shift from one ANZ season to the next if they hold this policy. 

That is a lot of full refunds prior to final payment that will affect their bottom line for an arbitrary date that was made in regards to Northern hemisphere deployment.  From a purely financial standpoint it would be better business to apply some common sense and parity for loyal ANZ customers / travelers.

1 hour ago, JBSteelerfan said:

Thanks!  Hoping to at least see Sydney to HNL at this time.  Guess we might have to wait a bit longer.

In normal times we would see them in this deployment but .......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MichellePerth said:

I l&s radiance vancouver /seward  b2b to ovation seattle RT b2b. No problem.  The faqs specifically say ship class doesn't matter. 

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Until they do.

I think there is a list of acceptable class changes within L&S rules.  At least I think that is what @Ourusualbeach was saying in the L&S class change thread.

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They have stated adding restrictions that contradict what the FAQ’s state. 

Thanks for that confirmation Ken. 😊

Guess that's just closing the loop holes some were able to take advantage of.

Edited by banzaii

1 minute ago, MichellePerth said:

Damn.  I have a swag of bookings I was waiting in them to fix their price errors before lifting and shifting.  Guess I’ll call tomorrow and try to sort it all out.

We really do need to test the L&S from the Oz perspective.  So as long as the equivalent itineraries are out there - no harm in trying at least once or twice..... each booking. 😉

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, banzaii said:

We really do need to test the L&S from the Oz perspective.  So as long as the equivalent itineraries are out there - no harm in trying at least once or twice..... each booking. 😉

Actually all of my bookings are Europe, Caribbean, Alaska or Asia. But I’ll be calling the folks in Guatemala who deal with our calls.   I do have an orphan booking on radiance, a 3 day radiance balcony feb 2021 on radiance.  As soon as the jan thru march  2022 ovation and quantum bookings become available, I’ll try to lift and shift that one to one of those quantum class ships. 

2 hours ago, banzaii said:

Australian TA put out an email stating the new itineraries would drop at 10am on the 11th which was 12 hours ago.  Spoke with agent and they couldn't see anything except Radiance 20 September TP which has been posted on TA site but cannot be found on RCCL website yet.

RCCL email just says on Thursday 11th so really could be any time in the next 24-36 hours if true to recent form.

All RCCL web sites are a bit dodgy at the moment so the techos must be doing something.  Hopefully setting Deluxe drinks at $18pp/pn

Kool, thanks. Yeah only thing I'd heard on CC was Thursday, But Royal's never on time these releases. Day early to Day late typical. My annual sport Cruise Cabin release weeks. Since 2012 have had multiple sleepless nites watching and scoring my Aft/Corner Balcony Cabins on Radiance Class Cabins. Most time inc this release happened when people were sleeping during EST.  Got 8 my desired Cabin this Season release(last 6 months)... Interesting is all my Fall 2020 Cruises are still running at $39 for Deluxe Drink & $7.50 for Soda which is good deal considering Soda going to $13.50 in 2021.

Edited by ONECRUISER

7 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Yeah with Serenade leaving US for now, have dozen Cruises Booked on Brilliance and Jewel over next 18 months . Still...do remember first went on Voyager 20yrs ago, was her 8th sailing Cruise #008(were numbered back then) and my first Balcony Cabin.

Our April 2021 Serenade sailing from Australia to Hawaii fell off the website last week. The Hawaii to Vancouver sailing that follows it is still showing.

Seriously considering switch directions and changing to Radiance in Sept from Van-Hawaii-Australia

• Like 1