Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Seems like Explorer's and Freedom's new itineraries are also live now.  

My March 20 & 27th aren't up yet for Explorer...and the March 6th itinerary is different than what we have booked.

21 minutes ago, BSocial said:

Will there be a repositioning cruise from Galveston to San Juan, to replace the Galveston to Miami itinerary? (Explorer)

Unknown at this point.  There is a 5 night Galveston round trip departing on Oct 20, a gap, then she starts sailing from San Juan on Oct. 31.  

At the moment the 25th through the 31st is not listed.  

San Juan has a PVSA waiver so they don't need to include the ABC islands on that repo.  Many repo cruises between the mainland and San Juan are ~5 nights so the gap appears consistent with a traditional San Juan repo.

Edited by twangster
  • Thanks 1

Today our Radiance TP for Sept '21 was cancelled. It had been transferred once and then did a L&S when this year's 2020 Radiance TP was cancelled. The offer from RCI is a full refund of $$ paid or you can transfer it at PREVAILING rates to another TP with $50/balcony or $100/suite OBC. No price protection and prevailing rates are quite a bit more than what we paid with limited cabin availability. No very happy with RCI right now. 

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Today our Radiance TP for Sept '21 was cancelled. It had been transferred once and then did a L&S when this year's 2020 Radiance TP was cancelled. The offer from RCI is a full refund of $$ paid or you can transfer it at PREVAILING rates to Ovation or Serenade with $50/balcony or $100/suite OBC. No price protection and prevailing rates are quite a bit more than what we paid with limited cabin availability. No very happy with RCI right now. 

You have a right to be angry. If it was just a Caribbean cruise, it would be different, but those are highly anticipated cruises.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Today our Radiance TP for Sept '21 was cancelled. It had been transferred once and then did a L&S when this year's 2020 Radiance TP was cancelled. The offer from RCI is a full refund of $$ paid or you can transfer it at PREVAILING rates to Ovation or Serenade with $50/balcony or $100/suite OBC. No price protection and prevailing rates are quite a bit more than what we paid with limited cabin availability. No very happy with RCI right now. 

I had my quantum April 2022 cancelled.  This is due to them moving quantum from Sydney to Brisbane.  It’s outrageous they won’t let us take the Brisbane to Honolulu cruise at the same price as we booked the Sydney to Honolulu cruise.  It’s the same month. Same time of year. And it’s their doing.  I sent Michael Bayley a message via messenger.  I don’t expect any satisfaction. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

My March 20 & 27th aren't up yet for Explorer...and the March 6th itinerary is different than what we have booked.

Looks like they only have one a month uploaded. Feb 6 is the sailing before ours and has our itinerary! Makes me nervous we are getting the other itinerary again 😭

Edited by CaribbeanLover22

We'd recently taken a leap of faith and booked Radiance of the Seas from Brisbane on 8th February 2022.  I've just received an email saying it's cancelled.  We chose that cruise because a) it covers my wife's birthday, b) it's from our home port and c) Radiance is the biggest RCC ship we want to go on.  I've looked for alternatives and there's nothing for Radiance of the Seas after October 2021.  Are they selling yet another of their smaller ships?   There are also no RCC cruises in 2022 for Brisbane's brand new cruise terminal.  It's not looking good for our future Royal Caribbean cruising (after 12 previous RCC cruises and 25 other cruises).

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

Can anyone tell me why the just don’t leave serenade in the Caribbean and radiance in the pacific?

I was wondering the same thing. I believe that Serenade is currently in the Caribbean. It never sailed to Sydney as it was scheduled to do. 

18 minutes ago, lr657 said:

I was wondering the same thing. I believe that Serenade is currently in the Caribbean. It never sailed to Sydney as it was scheduled to do. 

Correct. So now let's see when RCG posts the Serenade PC repo and Pacific Coastal to get her to Vancouver for May 16, her first currently posted Alaska sailing. If by some miracle cruising in earnest starts prior to Q2, it will be the larger ships, 3/4 day itineraries, Cococay etc.... just in time for flu season to end and Covid19 to subside starting in March/April....

Or, if cruising is not 100% full swing into summer, they can leave Serenade in warm-layup while all the larger ships begin to run during the summer, and do a PC + TP in September to get her to Oz in fall 2021.....

Or, if cruises not in full swing by Q2, Vision Class will be sold/scrapped with Radiance Class sold/transferred to another cruise line (Pullmantur?).

How many things have changed in past 7 months? How many more things can change in the next 7?

Edited by Hoopster95

4 hours ago, MichellePerth said:

I had my quantum April 2022 cancelled.  This is due to them moving quantum from Sydney to Brisbane.  It’s outrageous they won’t let us take the Brisbane to Honolulu cruise at the same price as we booked the Sydney to Honolulu cruise.  It’s the same month. Same time of year. And it’s their doing.  I sent Michael Bayley a message via messenger.  I don’t expect any satisfaction. 

We were doing the transpacific from Honolulu in October next year so the same has happened to us. Can't change to Ovation because there are no rooms left in the category we booked. My TA is trying to get us moved across to the Quantum to Brisbane transpacific.

14 hours ago, twangster said:

Panama Canal is rarely cheap (the canal charges a good bit) .  Radiance appears to be price comparable to NCL but NCL has newer metal.  Both are slightly more than Princess.  Royal has never been the cheapest line through the canal.  

I'm now seeing 60% off second guest loaded, which drops the suite gty on the RD canal cruise to $8K.  Is it common to only offer suite guarantees?  Seems strange that you can't pick your suite.

1 hour ago, sparkers said:

Does anyone know if the Ovation 2021 Honolulu to Sydney has been changed, canceled, or?

Not at this point.  My TA was seeing twin share balconies but no 3 or 4 occupancy cabins or suites available.  Price has gone up about $2K pp since it became available.

Edited by banzaii

38 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm now seeing 60% off second guest loaded, which drops the suite gty on the RD canal cruise to $8K.  Is it common to only offer suite guarantees?  Seems strange that you can't pick your suite.

Pretty sure I saw them available yesterday.  My guess is they were all sold. 

29 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I had the 60% 2nd guest yesterday and even today CAS discounts aren't working on the canal cruise.  

When Allure in Galveston itineraries first loaded within the 1st hour of those appearing I booked Star Class suites with all discounts working.  I have no idea why this cruise doesn't have all discounts working yet.  Maybe trying to catch early birds and hope they don't notice. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Something odd is going on. Categories 2B, 2D and 2N have disappeared 

• Like 1

These changes have been in the works for months. I had first noticed the Grand Cayman bookings for Explorer back in May of 2020. I am not sure if the deployment announcements have been posted yet. The San Juan move happened back in July with port bookings. 

The Explorer deployment flyer: 

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2021_2022/EX.pdf

They had planned on Jewel for these sailings from the start and seem to have moved to Radiance when they moved Jewel to the Baltic and Northeast . These seem to have been booked in port originally as Jewel when they moved her from Dubai. 

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2021_2022/RD_Caribbean.pdf