Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

2 hours ago, IndyCapt said:

Interesting...so you're saying an April '22 TP from SYD-HNL is not likely to happen?....

I doubt it .

The local virus experts are saying our borders will be closed to international visitors until  April-May next year at least.
If we have a limited local season Radiance and Ovation are anchored off Singapore and Serenade is in the Caribbean.
I don’t think Royal would go to the expense to swap Radiance and Serenade.

3 hours ago, long4acruise said:

Arctic Crossing sailing (Norway, Iceland, Greenland, etc.) on Voyager from Copenhagen to Boston  

(4-18 Sep 2022).

Great itinerary, but pricey!  Luckily was able to L&S from Odyssey TA when RC canceled to redeploy her to Israel. Best bang for my $$$.

I will be on the Voyager TA too but I swapped from the Jewel TA 2022 that was cancelled...thank goodness for the Lift & Shift as as a solo otherwise it was way out of my price range!

Looking at sailing on a 9 night cruise from Amsterdam into Norway on Jewel of the seas in August 2022. I mainly do NCL, but this itinerary and price is attractive. Is this a good ship for Norway? I know it’s usually the smaller, older ships that do these itineraries, but not very familiar with RCCL ships.

Edited by PhillyTravelBug

1 minute ago, PhillyTravelBug said:

Looking at sailing on a 9 night cruise from Amsterdam into Norway on Jewel of the seas in August 2022. I mainly do NCL, but this itinerary and price is attractive. Is this a good ship for Norway. I know it’s usually the smaller, older ships that do these itineraries.

It is a great ship - has a nice enclosed Solarium (toasty warm) and the ship has tons of windows to enjoy the scenery especially when it may be a bit chilly or rainy. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cruise wizard said:

It is a great ship - has a nice enclosed Solarium (toasty warm) and the ship has tons of windows to enjoy the scenery especially when it may be a bit chilly or rainy. 

Agree...I love the Radiance class and so excited to be on Jewel for the Arctic Circle and Serenade for Alaska and Panama Canal in 2022.

• 2 months later...
4 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

So is there any speculation what will happen to ovation after the Alaska season.Because it doesn’t look like Australia 21-22 season is going to happen.

Replacing Navigator out of Los Angeles is what I have been thinking.

Maybe Ovation could be too big for the job. 

4 minutes ago, springaussie said:

That’s what I think but what about hooking up to shore power.

They May spend the money on Ovation instead and there it stays.

10 minutes ago, springaussie said:

I'm thinking you may be right.  Went to the website the other day, and was unable to book any of the 7 day cruises out of LAX on Navigator.  I'm already on a couple, but was price checking.

Just now, springaussie said:

I forgot about the shore power.

As for ovation being to big ,California has the 5th largest economy in the world.

Ovation May already have shore power as China has in in the pipeline for a while.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

I'm thinking you may be right.  Went to the website the other day, and was unable to book any of the 7 day cruises out of LAX on Navigator.  I'm already on a couple, but was price checking.

That’s very interesting.

our loss is your gain.

31 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

That’s very interesting.

our loss is your gain.

I am sorry for your loss.....but doing a happy dance on  my end.  🤣   Has Australia made any announcement as to when cruising, or any sort of travel, will resume? 

Sorry, I have  not been keeping up with the World news and would dearly love to come back for another visit.

1 hour ago, taznremmy said:

I am sorry for your loss.....but doing a happy dance on  my end.  🤣   Has Australia made any announcement as to when cruising, or any sort of travel, will resume? 

Sorry, I have  not been keeping up with the World news and would dearly love to come back for another visit.

We have just had been advised our ban is until November 17 at least.

But the ship won’t be coming back,just like a taxi they will go where the fares are.

• Thanks 1

What...is there a possibility Ovation might replace Navigator? That would be fine...I'm booked for the Jan 2022 7 nighter.

Hmmm...just checked on my sailing date and got the "oops something went wrong".

Edited by Ashland
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Ashland said:

What...is there a possibility Ovation might replace Navigator? That would be fine...I'm booked for the Jan 2022 7 nighter.

Hmmm...just checked on my sailing date and got the "oops something went wrong".

Unless The Australian government gets its act together ,  Ovation will be looking for somewhere else to go between September and March.

And the obvious is LA

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Unless The Australian government gets its act together ,  Ovation will be looking for somewhere else to go between September and March.

And the obvious is LA

It will be interesting to see if the UK Government move in with the number of cases and stop the cruise season.  Anthem could be back in New York sooner then expected. Scotland has stopped cruise ships. 

1 hour ago, springaussie said:

It will be interesting to see if the UK Government move in with the number of cases and stop the cruise season.  Anthem could be back in New York sooner then expected. Scotland has stopped cruise ships. 

Everyone on Anthem over 18  ex UK has to be fully vaccinated.  Cruises are in UK waters only with no foreign stops. With other safety measures I can't see how they are anymore dangerous than any other domestic holiday. 

Though rates are going up due the delta variant which is more transmissible,  deaths are static and hospitalizations are not so severe due its mainly younger people.  Yesterday they opened up 25 to 30 age group and had a million bookings for jabs in one day.  We are already at 60% with at least one dose, hopefully by the end of summer everyone who wants vaccines will be fully protected.

Govt announcement on Monday for the next stage in opening up . 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

Everyone on Anthem over 18  ex UK has to be fully vaccinated.  Cruises are in UK waters only with no foreign stops. With other safety measures I can't see how they are anymore dangerous than any other domestic holiday. 

Though rates are going up due the delta variant which is more transmissible,  deaths are static and hospitalizations are not so severe due its mainly younger people.  Yesterday they opened up 25 to 30 age group and had a million bookings for jabs in one day.  We are already at 60% with at least one dose, hopefully by the end of summer everyone who wants vaccines will be fully protected.

Govt announcement on Monday for the next stage in opening up . 

Thank you so much for the update!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, springaussie said:

A couple of interesting things have happened tonight.

I emailed my agent and told them to cancel a couple of cruises in October and December.Final payment is coming.

They told me not to cancel them and there should be a announcement soon.The final payment dates for next season have all been moved back.
A strange response I thought?

My nephew works for some marketing thing in Sydney and became  friends with people from RCG and carnival group  Australia.

They told him there jobs are on the line as they are going to threaten to pull out of Australian.
Won’t that put a nail in the coffin of the tourist industry.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Chiliburn said:

They told me not to cancel them and there should be a announcement soon. The final payment dates for next season have all been moved back.
A strange response I thought?

Not really - RCI will tell you anything to hang on to your money and do as little as possible (if you cancel they have to process that).

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Not really - RCI will tell you anything to hang on to your money and do as little as possible (if you cancel they have to process that).

Usually yes...but that may not be the case with the Australia cruise market right now...stay tuned.

4 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

My nephew works for some marketing thing in Sydney and became  friends with people from RCG and carnival group  Australia.

They told him there jobs are on the line as they are going to threaten to pull out of Australian.
Won’t that put a nail in the coffin of the tourist industry.

The Oz Government has big decisions to make with the borers being closed. .

Heaps of Aussies are still stranded overseas from before pandemic starting.

Farmers are screaming for foreign workers like backpackers to pick the fruit that’’s  rotting in the fields owing to no one picking the crops.

Heaps of restaurants are shut in the outback because of no backpackers available to do work the tourist seasons. 
The Universities want the foreign students back on campus to fill thousands of spots available. 
Plus we are are aware of the issues for the cruise industry. No surprise they are considering leaving us.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1