Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

So I guess I am unclear on the wording with the 21-22 season schedule posted.   I am looking specifically at Alaska 2021.   Are the Itineraries being released the week of October 28th, open for booking at a later date, or are they opening for booking the week of October 28th, with itineraries being released some time between now and then?   I have never booked a cruise immediately on release like I will be for this one!   

1 minute ago, FLASHINGLIGHTS83 said:

So I guess I am unclear on the wording with the 21-22 season schedule posted.   I am looking specifically at Alaska 2021.   Are the Itineraries being released the week of October 28th, open for booking at a later date, or are they opening for booking the week of October 28th, with itineraries being released some time between now and then?   I have never booked a cruise immediately on release like I will be for this one!   

They are planning to open Alaska 2021 cruises for booking during the week of Oct 28th.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FLASHINGLIGHTS83 said:

Thank you!  Is there an average time frame they will load the itineraries onto the website?   Or should I just check every day or other day between now and then?   

Keep checking here 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FLASHINGLIGHTS83 said:

Thank you!  Is there an average time frame they will load the itineraries onto the website?   Or should I just check every day or other day between now and then?   

Remember, it says the week of the 28th, not the 28th.  Any day during that week.  ALso, it's not unusual for that schedule to change.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Remember, it says the week of the 28th, not the 28th.  Any day during that week.  ALso, it's not unusual for that schedule to change.

Oh I understand its the week of the 28th.   I just want to have the Itinerary, date, cabin picked out so I can call my TA and have them on the ready.....

2 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

It can be at 12:01 am of the release day 

On 10/1/2019 at 1:23 PM, wl2cruise said:

Something large is coming to LA. over 110 feet in length and 5000 plus passengers.

https://www.portoflosangeles.org/references/news_093019_outer_harbor

Talk about not much space for passengers.  A 110 foot ship with over 5000 passengers 😮😮😮

Sounds like a Carnival cruise ship passenger to space ratio 🤣🤣

I know it was a typo, but thanks for the chuckle😀

On 10/1/2019 at 10:23 AM, wl2cruise said:

Something large is coming to LA. over 110 feet in length and 5000 plus passengers.

https://www.portoflosangeles.org/references/news_093019_outer_harbor

I read this article and did not see any reference to an RCI ship, just an opportunity for someone to come in and develop a multi-use facility capable of handling a mega ship.  What did I miss?

17 hours ago, FLASHINGLIGHTS83 said:

You won't see the itinerary until it is available to book.  This thread does a lot of educated speculation, but until cruises are released on the website for booking, we won't know specifically what the dates and itineraries will be.

15 hours ago, travelgoddess1 said:

I read this article and did not see any reference to an RCI ship, just an opportunity for someone to come in and develop a multi-use facility capable of handling a mega ship.  What did I miss? 

You didn't miss anything.  

There is a 2020 cruise on Brilliance out of Amsterdam in August which calls in Iceland and Norwegian fjords and Shetland islands on the way back. I really want to do this itinerary but can't do it in 2020 ( anyway the prices for the remaining cabins for 2020 are eye watering - the cruise is well booked already). Are there any indications from port bookings confirming that there will be a similar cruise offered in 2021?

41 minutes ago, Trixie21 said:

There is a 2020 cruise on Brilliance out of Amsterdam in August which calls in Iceland and Norwegian fjords and Shetland islands on the way back. I really want to do this itinerary but can't do it in 2020 ( anyway the prices for the remaining cabins for 2020 are eye watering - the cruise is well booked already). Are there any indications from port bookings confirming that there will be a similar cruise offered in 2021?

Probably because Brilliance of the sea calls on the 7-8th of September 2021 in Iceland.

Edited by SummmerInKefalonia

1 hour ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

Probably because Brilliance of the sea calls on the 7-8th of September 2021 in Iceland.

Thank you - that would actually be perfect timing for me.

Will be eagerly awaiting the release of this itinerary on 11th November!

On 10/2/2019 at 5:25 PM, Host Clarea said:

Maybe it will coincide with the 50th Birthday cruise. Early selection at NextCruise🤔

3 hours ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

Not really because September has always been the time for the repositioning to the US with a stop in Iceland. The Iceland cruise in August 2020 is an additional roundtrip from Amsterdam.

Edited by Saab4444

On 10/3/2019 at 7:44 AM, travelgoddess1 said:

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=https://tvpacifico.mx/noticias/230179-anuncia-royal-caribbean-su-regreso-a-mazatlan-en-el-2021&prev=search

12 minutes ago, springaussie said:

The folks of the West Coast of the USA will certainly be happy about this. 
Are they getting Voyager or something else is the big question now. 

Wouldn't they want to send a ship that could compete with the year-round Carnival Panorama and seasonal NCL Joy and Royal Princess (three ships comparable in size to the Quantum Class)?

On 10/2/2019 at 4:15 PM, FLASHINGLIGHTS83 said:

On 10/2/2019 at 4:29 PM, FLASHINGLIGHTS83 said:

Oh I understand its the week of the 28th.   I just want to have the Itinerary, date, cabin picked out so I can call my TA and have them on the ready.....

Most of the time they do not release the ship name and exact itinerary until bookings open.  There will be speculation on this (and other) threads about what ship and ports etc but  no official pre-release of the ship and specific ports, dates, etc.  You just have to go with history and speculation and know what cabin/category you want to try for on the speculated  ship(s).

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

If you refer to Voyager she is older than all Radiance class ships. Jewel is 5 years younger than Voyager.

Thanks,  I assumed the promenade feature was newer than the more classic design of the Radiance class.  

28 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Agree. Royal built the Radiance Class to include best of Vision and Voyager Classes 

Huh? This doesn’t make sense. 

Anyways... for another discussion without hijacking this thread

so Springaussie or Geoff, you’re thinking a bigger ship from the USA possibly through the PC, and then off to Oz to join Ovation in Sydney (with Voyager leaving the area)? Or are you thinking possibly a longer full season deployment in LA?