Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

13 minutes ago, Hoopster95 said:

Huh? This doesn’t make sense. 

Anyways... for another discussion without hijacking this thread

so Springaussie or Geoff, you’re thinking a bigger ship from the USA possibly through the PC, and then off to Oz to join Ovation in Sydney (with Voyager leaving the area)? Or are you thinking possibly a longer full season deployment in LA? 

Was many articles back then and said by at least 2 Royal Capts to us while on board. Voyager had all the extras, first with multiple Restaurants inc pay. Vision had the openness, glass. Out of it Radiance Class was designed with best of both. I even remember when heard about Voyager Class 23+yrs ago. Think was called Project Eagle. Back then wasnt much info on the Internet, though I been on Cruise Critic since 1997

Edited by ONECRUISER

2 hours ago, skiiergirl said:

Most of the time they do not release the ship name and exact itinerary until bookings open.  There will be speculation on this (and other) threads about what ship and ports etc but  no official pre-release of the ship and specific ports, dates, etc.  You just have to go with history and speculation and know what cabin/category you want to try for on the speculated  ship(s).

I know I want a corner Aft balcony....that is my only must have for Alaska...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, skiiergirl said:

Most of the time they do not release the ship name and exact itinerary until bookings open.  There will be speculation on this (and other) threads about what ship and ports etc but  no official pre-release of the ship and specific ports, dates, etc.  You just have to go with history and speculation and know what cabin/category you want to try for on the speculated  ship(s).

I am looking into the current sailings....and was wondering if the 7-nights from Seattle always leave on Fridays, or does the turn around day change every year?   

2 hours ago, Hoopster95 said:

Huh? This doesn’t make sense. 

Anyways... for another discussion without hijacking this thread

so Springaussie or Geoff, you’re thinking a bigger ship from the USA possibly through the PC, and then off to Oz to join Ovation in Sydney (with Voyager leaving the area)? Or are you thinking possibly a longer full season deployment in LA? 

Based on port bookings it looks like Voyager might relocate from Singapore (after second dry dock) to the US via the east coast of Australia in June 2021.  Departure from Sydney would be June 10.  I have no idea if she will cruise Mexico and/or Pacific coastals.  The article on Mazatlan isn't conclusive.  Voyager is not well suited to Alaska so I guess she will head through the Panama.  

The replacement for Voyager in Australia appears to be a Quantum class ship from Asia, arriving in Sydney early Nov 2021 and staying through to June 2022.  I'm guessing this ship will spend the southern winter in Asia.  

21 hours ago, wl2cruise said:

I went to a travel show here in Arizona today.  There was a presentation by a Royal Caribbean representative and when she was talking about all the new ships coming out over the next few years she stated that the first ship of the Icon series would be stationed in California, but that they did not know yet whether that will be San Diego or Los Angeles.  I do believe she was mentioning sometime in 2021, but am not sure if I remember correctly.

Rita

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AZSwissGal said:

I went to a travel show here in Arizona today.  There was a presentation by a Royal Caribbean representative and when she was talking about all the new ships coming out over the next few years she stated that the first ship of the Icon series would be stationed in California, but that they did not know yet whether that will be San Diego or Los Angeles.  I do believe she was mentioning sometime in 2021, but am not sure if I remember correctly.

Rita

That is interesting news about Icon. The first Icon Class ship is currently due out in Q2, 2022.

Thanks for sharing the info from the presentation.

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

1 hour ago, AZSwissGal said:

Rita

Thank you for sharing! Icon isn't due out until 2022.

1 hour ago, geoff2802 said:

Based on port bookings it looks like Voyager might relocate from Singapore (after second dry dock) to the US via the east coast of Australia in June 2021.  Departure from Sydney would be June 10.  I have no idea if she will cruise Mexico and/or Pacific coastals.  The article on Mazatlan isn't conclusive.  Voyager is not well suited to Alaska so I guess she will head through the Panama.  

The replacement for Voyager in Australia appears to be a Quantum class ship from Asia, arriving in Sydney early Nov 2021 and staying through to June 2022.  I'm guessing this ship will spend the southern winter in Asia.  

It might be possible that with 1 Quantum class in China and 1 coming down to Aus (speculated), IE, Spectrum and Quantum, that both ships will alternate in Singapore to make Singapore still having year round deployment. Quantum starting with Nov 2021 - April/May 2022 and then May/June 2022 - Nov 2022 taken over by Spectrum. 

Also might see Icon going to China as well, cause they can't be shipless.

Just now, Chiliburn said:

Haven’t they got enough oasis class?

My thoughts it will be Asianised for Singapore and oz

It wouldn't require heavy 'asianization' if it was only going to Singapore and Aus, unlike Spectrum for China.

Rita

That would be fantastic [emoji847]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

That is interesting news about Icon. The first Icon Class ship is currently due out in Q2, 2022.

Thanks for sharing the info from the presentation.

3 hours ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

Thank you for sharing! Icon isn't due out until 2022.

The representative started talking fairly fast at that point because she was running out of time, so I couldn't remember whether it was 2021 or 2022:)  Besides I was getting pretty excited about finally having a Royal ship within driving distance that I didn't pay that much attention to the timeframe.

5 hours ago, AZSwissGal said:

Rita

ICON on the west coast almost makes sense.  Since ICON runs on liquefied natural gas (LNG), they will need a place to refuel.  There are no LNG facilities in Florida (yet) and I don't believe any are are currently under construction. There are several in Texas and one in Louisiana. There is also one in Mexico near Ensenada and one in Alaska.  Maybe they plan to use Ensenada for refueling? 

2 minutes ago, eel said:

ICON on the west coast almost makes sense.  Since ICON runs on liquefied natural gas (LNG), they will need a place to refuel.  There are no LNG facilities in Florida (yet) and I don't believe any are are currently under construction. There are several in Texas and one in Louisiana. There is also one in Mexico near Ensenada and one in Alaska.  Maybe they plan to use Ensenada for refueling? 

Carnival Mardi Gras (debuting in 2021) will use LNG fuel, as well. The refueling plant is supposedly in Savannah, Georgia. I guess the fueling barge will travel to Port Canaveral every time Carnival Mardi Gras will need to refuel.

4 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Haven’t they got enough oasis class?

They need one more in the Caribbean with Galveston coming into the equation. 

IMO, an Oasis Class will come down-under in 2023 when the 6th ship is out. That gives them a few years to build enough ports large enough to take those ships.

3 hours ago, eel said:

She did mention that the ship will run on LNG that’s why they will be able to homeport in California since it will meet the strict regulations of the state. No mention about refueling was made but then again they were trying to get you to book cruises😏

• Like 1

13 hours ago, FLASHINGLIGHTS83 said:

I am looking into the current sailings....and was wondering if the 7-nights from Seattle always leave on Fridays, or does the turn around day change every year?   

As far as I can remember back, the AK RC sailings have left on Fridays. Although, I haven’t been paying attention to them for more than 3 years or so. 

8 hours ago, eel said:

The east coast has LNG plant in Southern Maryland that has been operating for years, so the new ship could also replace the Grandeur out of Baltimore.  Most of the LNG are put on tankers for export, so going up the Chesapeake is a breeze to refuel the ship.

Or it could be based in New Jersey or Florida.

Edited by Plum Happy

1 hour ago, Plum Happy said:

The east coast has LNG plant in Southern Maryland that has been operating for years, so the new ship could also replace the Grandeur out of Baltimore.  Most of the LNG are put on tankers for export, so going up the Chesapeake is a breeze to refuel the ship.

Or it could be based in New Jersey or Florida.

Icon in Baltimore? Definitely not happening - the bridges put a stop to that not to mention the difference in size/capacity between Grandeur & Icon.

3 hours ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

What about New Orleans and Galveston for fall, 2021?  Which ships look like they'll be heading there?

My guess:

Galveston: 7 night cruises on one of the Oasis Class ships + 4/5 night cruises on Adventure

New Orleans: 7 night cruises on Majesty, or nothing at all based on Royal's unpredictable deployment in NOLA

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Interesting to know, what's meant with "coming soon" the week of 09th of Dec 2019 - additional Europe cruises or anything else?

Because the last years, there's been Europe phase I and phase II to come out sequentially - but apparently for 2021, all Europe cruises seem to come out at the same time, together with Dubai...