Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Biker19

Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, SherriZ366 said:

Does anyone know if you book something at Next Cruises if you still can change it during a one month or 4 week period.  That's what happened to us last year -- we changed a sailing to go with friends.  

Yes, you can change it without penalty for that short time.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Miamia65 said:

what was leaked??? Can you provide a link please?

Royal Caribbean already got rid of those sailings. They were up for quite some time, but you were not able to book those sailing dates, and then they were promptly removed entirely from the site.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Miamia65 said:


what was leaked??? Can you provide a link please?

 

20 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

Royal Caribbean already got rid of those sailings. They were up for quite some time, but you were not able to book those sailing dates, and then they were promptly removed entirely from the site.

 

Exactly what jbethel11 said.   One itinerary each for these 3 ships showed up, unable to book, but had 2021 dates.   So it has been confirmed by these leaks as to which ships will be in Alaska in the 2021 season.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/26/2019 at 11:11 AM, timf2001 said:

China Phase 1 is probably Spectrum and Quantum, with Wonder to come in Phase 2.

 

When will the Wonder Repo from Europe to China be released?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, WaveSplasher said:

When will the Wonder Repo from Europe to China be released?

Don't look for it on any kind of regular schedule, China sailings seem to have a schedule of their own, much later than anything else.

Edited by Biker19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

Yes, you can change it without penalty for that short time.  

Thanks -- the couple we usually travel with will be on a different ship from us when 7 day Caribbean sailings open up for May 2021 through April 2022.  So we can make changes if we don't book the right sailing.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given the revised Opening Schedule, is it safe to assume that Odyssey sailings will appear on three different dates? November 11 for Europe, November 18 for 7+ Night Caribbean and December 16 Short Caribbean? If the Europe sailings are expensive I may be looking at the Caribbean sailings. 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is a list of possible deployment by ship. I am sure there are a few errors that will be caught directly.  Lack of port bookings make Liberty, Indy and Adventure a bit of a mystery.  Too many port bookings in multiple regions make Explorer and Jewel a bit of a mystery.  

 

Adventure  -  ??? (no port bookings showing)

Allure   -  Miami year round

Anthem  -   Bayonne / Southampton /  ??? (frequent pattern at St. Maarten Jan./Feb 2022?

Brilliance    Tampa/ Amsterdam / Miami

Empress  -   Miami / Bayonne?

Enchantment   -  Baltimore year round.

Explorer    -  Miami / Southampton ( / Miami   (Rome season still booked as well though)

Freedom -  San Juan year round

Harmony -  PC / Barcelona / ????

Indy -  ??? PC or  Bayonne / Port Everglades  (summer bookings at St. Maarten)

Jewel  -   Suez/BCN / Western & Northern Europe / Rome / Dubai

Liberty  -  ??? not booked yet for Galveston

Majesty   - New Orleans year round

Mariner   -  PC  3 / 4 night

Navigator  Miami  3 / 4 night

Oasis  -  PE year round

Odyssey   - PE / Rome / ??? June – Aug.   / Rome / PE

Ovation   - Sydney / Seattle

Quantum  - Beijing / Singapore

Radiance  - / AK one way Seward / Vancouver / HI / Brisbane

Rhapsody  - Tampa / Venice / Tampa

Serenade   -  HI  / Vancouver / HI / Sydney

Spectrum   -  Beijing

Symphony  -   Miami year round

Vision  - Port Everglades / BCN 12 night / Port Everglades

Voyager  - Sydney / Singapore

Wonder – Southampton/BCN/Dubai/Shanghai

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, MADflyer said:

Anthem  -   Bayonne / Southampton /  ??? (frequent pattern at St. Maarten Jan./Feb 2022?

I would love Anthem year round out of Bayonne. Royal should construct another Quantum Ultra class ship that would allow both Southhampton and Bayonne to be served in the summer months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

I would love Anthem year round out of Bayonne. Royal should construct another Quantum Ultra class ship that would allow both Southhampton and Bayonne to be served in the summer months.

Port bookings do not look good for that being the case. It is even unclear if Anthem returns to Bayonne from Southampton and they have also booked Anthem in Europe for summer of 2022 as well. This is unusual for bookings to be made that far in advance and they are, of course, always subject to change. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, MADflyer said:

Port bookings do not look good for that being the case. It is even unclear if Anthem returns to Bayonne from Southampton and they have also booked Anthem in Europe for summer of 2022 as well. This is unusual for bookings to be made that far in advance and they are, of course, always subject to change. 

Could be a placeholder for Icon, so we never know.

Edited by jbethel11
Icon, not Odyssey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MADflyer said:

Here is a list of possible deployment by ship. I am sure there are a few errors that will be caught directly.  Lack of port bookings make Liberty, Indy and Adventure a bit of a mystery.  Too many port bookings in multiple regions make Explorer and Jewel a bit of a mystery.  

 

Adventure  -  ??? (no port bookings showing)

Allure   -  Miami year round

Anthem  -   Bayonne / Southampton /  ??? (frequent pattern at St. Maarten Jan./Feb 2022?

Brilliance    Tampa/ Amsterdam / Miami

Empress  -   Miami / Bayonne?

Enchantment   -  Baltimore year round.

Explorer    -  Miami / Southampton ( / Miami   (Rome season still booked as well though)

Freedom -  San Juan year round

Harmony -  PC / Barcelona / ????

Indy -  ??? PC or  Bayonne / Port Everglades  (summer bookings at St. Maarten)

Jewel  -   Suez/BCN / Western & Northern Europe / Rome / Dubai

Liberty  -  ??? not booked yet for Galveston

Majesty   - New Orleans year round

Mariner   -  PC  3 / 4 night

Navigator  Miami  3 / 4 night

Oasis  -  PE year round

Odyssey   - PE / Rome / ??? June – Aug.   / Rome / PE

Ovation   - Sydney / Seattle

Quantum  - Beijing / Singapore

Radiance  - / AK one way Seward / Vancouver / HI / Brisbane

Rhapsody  - Tampa / Venice / Tampa

Serenade   -  HI  / Vancouver / HI / Sydney

Spectrum   -  Beijing

Symphony  -   Miami year round

Vision  - Port Everglades / BCN 12 night / Port Everglades

Voyager  - Sydney / Singapore

Wonder – Southampton/BCN/Dubai/Shanghai

Thank you so much Madflyer!  You always provide awesome information! I greatly appreciate you sharing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MADflyer said:

Here is a list of possible deployment by ship. I am sure there are a few errors that will be caught directly.  Lack of port bookings make Liberty, Indy and Adventure a bit of a mystery.  Too many port bookings in multiple regions make Explorer and Jewel a bit of a mystery.  

 

Brilliance    Tampa/ Amsterdam / Miami

[...]

Jewel  -   Suez/BCN / Western & Northern Europe / Rome / Dubai

 

The cruise terminal of Amsterdam has updated its cruise schedule for 2021, and mostly, during the summer season 2021, it lists BOTH JEWEL AND BRILLIANCE in Amsterdam every 12 nights.

Further there's cruise calls in Le Havre for Jewel in 2021, which indicate Amsterdam as destination or origin port on some cruises, so I think Jewel sails the 12 night routes from Amsterdam, and Brilliance takes over the Stockholm and Copenhagen itineraries, so just a simple ship swap. 

But Jewel is also listed in Klaipeda, which indicates that she could do the Copenhagen deployment again in 2021, but maybe those lists are not updated yet.

 

So it could well be: Jewel Amserdam, Brilliance Copenhagen, but the cruises themselves should be the same as in recent years more or less. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, shipfriend_max said:

 

So it could well be: Jewel Amserdam, Brilliance Copenhagen, but the cruises themselves should be the same as in recent years more or less. 

I think they had planned something different for Jewel early in the booking season and that there are many bookings. 

 

It seems what is ending up to be the case is that Jewel will return to Dubai and therefor for multiple B2B potential sailings the ship will move from Dubai to Rome to Barcelona to Amsterdam to Copenhagen and on to Stockholm doing a Baltic and a Fjord sailing before settling into Baltic sailings before doing the same in reverse and ending up in Rome prior to the Suez sailing to Dubai for the season. 

 

They of course could just switch ships.  I do not think Amsterdam will have 2 ships for a season at least. But, everything is always subject to change. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MADflyer said:

Here is a list of possible deployment by ship. I am sure there are a few errors that will be caught directly.  Lack of port bookings make Liberty, Indy and Adventure a bit of a mystery.  Too many port bookings in multiple regions make Explorer and Jewel a bit of a mystery.  

 

Adventure  -  ??? (no port bookings showing)

Allure   -  Miami year round

Anthem  -   Bayonne / Southampton /  ??? (frequent pattern at St. Maarten Jan./Feb 2022?

Brilliance    Tampa/ Amsterdam / Miami

Empress  -   Miami / Bayonne?

Enchantment   -  Baltimore year round.

Explorer    -  Miami / Southampton ( / Miami   (Rome season still booked as well though)

Freedom -  San Juan year round

Harmony -  PC / Barcelona / ????

Indy -  ??? PC or  Bayonne / Port Everglades  (summer bookings at St. Maarten)

Jewel  -   Suez/BCN / Western & Northern Europe / Rome / Dubai

Liberty  -  ??? not booked yet for Galveston

Majesty   - New Orleans year round

Mariner   -  PC  3 / 4 night

Navigator  Miami  3 / 4 night

Oasis  -  PE year round

Odyssey   - PE / Rome / ??? June – Aug.   / Rome / PE

Ovation   - Sydney / Seattle

Quantum  - Beijing / Singapore

Radiance  - / AK one way Seward / Vancouver / HI / Brisbane

Rhapsody  - Tampa / Venice / Tampa

Serenade   -  HI  / Vancouver / HI / Sydney

Spectrum   -  Beijing

Symphony  -   Miami year round

Vision  - Port Everglades / BCN 12 night / Port Everglades

Voyager  - Sydney / Singapore

Wonder – Southampton/BCN/Dubai/Shanghai

Good summary, thanks.  

Regarding Australia deployment... The Sydney OPT calendar still shows regular entries in the name "Unnamed Vessel" from Nov 2021 to June 2022.  

This ship enters the country at Fremantle on Oct 25, 2021, under the placeholder name Ovation of the Seas.  The ship then sails around the south of the country to Sydney.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

Good summary, thanks.  

Regarding Australia deployment... The Sydney OPT calendar still shows regular entries in the name "Unnamed Vessel" from Nov 2021 to June 2022.  

This ship enters the country at Fremantle on Oct 25, 2021, under the placeholder name Ovation of the Seas.  The ship then sails around the south of the country to Sydney.  

 

I have that ship has Spectrum of the Seas Geoff.

The port bookings for Voyager of the Seas arriving Darwin 1 June Brisbane 8 June and Sydney 10 June 2021 are  the interesting ones. Then Voyager disappears until Darwin and Sydney October 2021. As I have said previously it could be the ship that is going to California as media rumours have reported. Or is Voyager staying in Australia for our Winter? 
Serenade is mentioned no where plus Royal doesn’t have any port bookings showing a around Oz cruise February/ March 2022. Serenade is also due for a dry dock. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, springaussie said:

I have that ship has Spectrum of the Seas Geoff.

The port bookings for Voyager of the Seas arriving Darwin 1 June Brisbane 8 June and Sydney 10 June 2021 are  the interesting ones. Then Voyager disappears until Darwin and Sydney October 2021. As I have said previously it could be the ship that is going to California as media rumours have reported. Or is Voyager staying in Australia for our Winter? 
Serenade is mentioned no where plus Royal doesn’t have any port bookings showing a around Oz cruise February/ March 2022. Serenade is also due for a dry dock. 

Do you think it's Spectrum because Wonder Is going to Shanghai?  This would make sense and all the talk of it being a Chinese only ship is nonsense.  

 

Regarding the Voyager entries in 2021, I would have thought port entries would already be showing if she is staying in Australia through the southern Winter.  So I think she is going elsewhere during this time.   California, then returning via Asia in a Circle Pacific?  

Edited by geoff2802

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

Do you think it's Spectrum because Wonder Is going to Shanghai?  This would make sense and all the talk of it being an Asian only ship is nonsense.   

Yes 

 

Regarding the Voyager entries in 2021, I would have thought port entries would already be showing if she is staying in Australia through the southern Winter.  So I think she is going elsewhere during this time.   California, then returning via Asia in a Circle Pacific?  

I do not think the October 2021 and June 2021 are the same ship for Voyager of the Seas if she is not staying in Oz. 

What is interesting is the June 2021 path from Darwin to Brisbane is 7 days indicating Airlie Beach and Cairns stops which Quantum Class cannot do. 

The October 2021 Voyager path to Sydney is followed by a Melbourne visit which Quantum Class cannot do.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, springaussie said:

 

"I do not think the October 2021 and June 2021 are the same ship for Voyager of the Seas if she is not staying in Oz. " 

- Why not?  I really don't think they can keep operating in Hong Kong.  

 

What is interesting is the June 2021 path from Darwin to Brisbane is 7 days indicating Airlie Beach and Cairns stops which Quantum Class cannot do. 

The October 2021 Voyager path to Sydney is followed by a Melbourne visit which Quantum Class cannot do. "

- These entries could all be for Voyager.   Note also that the Cairns dredging project allows Voyager class ships to dock right in the port.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What indicates that Voyager does not just go to Singapore or Hong Kong during this time period? What leads you to feel that the ship could do a Pacific crossing? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

"I do not think the October 2021 and June 2021 are the same ship for Voyager of the Seas if she is not staying in Oz. " 

- Why not?  I really don't think they can keep operating in Hong Kong.  

 

What is interesting is the June 2021 path from Darwin to Brisbane is 7 days indicating Airlie Beach and Cairns stops which Quantum Class cannot do. 

The October 2021 Voyager path to Sydney is followed by a Melbourne visit which Quantum Class cannot do. "

- These entries could all be for Voyager.   Note also that the Cairns dredging project allows Voyager class ships to dock right in the port.  

 

Are you thinking that they won't stay in Hong Kong due to the violence?  I'm on 3 b2b in Dec and January. I have not yet heard anything from royal a out a shift in homeport. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, MADflyer said:

What indicates that Voyager does not just go to Singapore or Hong Kong during this time period? What leads you to feel that the ship could do a Pacific crossing? 

By now, I would expect to see bookings showing the repositioning to Asia in the Darwin and Brisbane port calendars, but there are none.  It's possible they haven't made the bookings yet or that she returns to Asia by a different route.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MichellePerth said:

Are you thinking that they won't stay in Hong Kong due to the violence?  I'm on 3 b2b in Dec and January. I have not yet heard anything from royal a out a shift in homeport. 

Not just due to the civil unrest.  Tourism figures are down sharply and cruise is not immune.   

No announcement from Royal, just speculation on my part.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...