Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

The Athens calls were updated on the 8th of July the last time and there is likely to be some changes. I would think the Odyssey bookings would hold along with Rhapsody, but expect changes to Explorer and Jewel. 

36 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

Go to this website. Here are some sample pages with Odyssey

When I first say that, I didn't really know how to read it. Then it occurred to me that it's a calendar with the day in the top row. Definitely makes more sense now. Even better, looks like Jewel is there the last Sunday of November in 2021 so that may mean that Jewel is running to Dubai on that itinerary. 

29 minutes ago, 2travelcats said:

Does it look like Empress will continue to do Bermuda and New England/Canada cruises for spring and early summer 2021?

And, has anyone found any port dates listed for Empress in 2021?

Thanks so much!

There are no clues as to the Empress summer season yet and it is likely that she could be back in Bayonne. 

Empress winter season appears to feature Eastern and Western sailings and she calls on St. Maarten every other Sunday throughout the winter season 21-22. She does not call on the Cayman islands during the 21-22 winter season. 

4 hours ago, Shocked91 said:

Hi.We are planning on doing a Baltic cruise in 2021 either July,August or September.Any idea what Royal ship will be doing the Baltics then?Thank you.

It currently appears to be Brilliance but they are moving Jewel around as well and there may be sailings on both ships depending on how things work out. 

9 minutes ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

Piraeus Athens cruise schedule for 2021 updated one week early today. Check it out. There are some interesting changes!

04-11-19_CRUISE_PDF_2021_1.pdf 123.36 kB · 7 downloads

Thank you! Explorer of the Seas has disappeared, but Odyssey of the Seas is listed throughout the season without the gap between May and September. 

Either Explorer sails out of Southampton, or she stays in US waters in 2021. 

1 minute ago, shipfriend_max said:

Thank you! Explorer of the Seas has disappeared, but Odyssey of the Seas is listed throughout the season without the gap between May and September. 

Either Explorer sails out of Southampton, or she stays in US waters in 2021. 

Possibly it will be the second ship in Southampton!

WOW, thanks!! Definitely some changes. The date I originally wanted to sail is probably going to change. I really can't miss 3 Saturdays in a row at work.  But......after I saw Odyssey was doing Greek Isles, and the high cost of airfare, I said to my husband, "What if we did a transatlantic!?"  But based on Odysses's last sailing date out of FT Lauderdale & the old Athens port schedule It didn't look like it would work for us, BUT.... Now  with the updated schedule it DOES!!  EEK, do I miss 3 weeks of work & leave my cats for that long, not to mention thousands more dollors?   I can't imagine a better ship for a TA though.  So much to decide....Bucket list trip for sure, we've never been over seas. I LOVE Sea days!!!!!     

Edited by Jax129

3 minutes ago, Jax129 said:

So much to decide....Bucket list trip for sure, we've never been over seas. I LOVE Sea days

No need to pay the high rates of a new ship, there are other choices for TAs - also, ports/itinerary is probably more important than the ship.

1 hour ago, 4774Papa said:

We are looking at booking a transatlantic from Rome to Miami in November 2021.   Celebrity will release its TA cruises on 26 Nov.   When can we expect Royal to release its 2021 TA cruises?

I hope at the same time, I've never done this before though so I don't know.  If they don't release the TA schedule the same time as Europe it screws up my plans as I don't really want to go early May unless its following a TA.  So many decisions 😓

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

No need to pay the high rates of a new ship, there are other choices for TAs - also, ports/itinerary is probably more important than the ship.

we're already planning on going over for Greek Isles & since I live 3 hours from Port Everglades  & we've never flown longer than 5 hours & it just sounds so much fun!

3 minutes ago, Jax129 said:

WOW, thanks!! Definitely some changes. The date I originally wanted to sail is probably going to change. I really can't miss 3 Saturdays in a row at work.  But......after I saw Odyssey was doing Greek Isles, and the high cost of airfare, I said to my husband, "What if we did a transatlantic!?"  But based on Odysses's last sailing date out of FT Lauderdale & the old Athens port schedule It didn't look like it would work for us, BUT.... Now  with the updated schedule it DOES!!  EEK, do I miss 3 weeks of work & leave my cats for that long, not to mention thousands more dollors?   I can't imagine a better ship for a TA though.  So much to decide....Bucket list trip for sure, we've never been over seas. I LOVE Sea days!!!!!     

We have done three transatlantic cruises and one transpacific cruise.  We like them because that are inexpensive.  Also, we usually fly to Europe do our touring, then come home on a transatlantic.   We save on the cost of flying.   Back in 2014, we did a TA from Copenhagen to Miami that cost $700 per person for 15 days, save about $400 in airfare and had a great cruise. 

We have three cats and have left them for seven week.  They don't like it, but we have a great teenager in the neighborhood that loves cats and she spends some time with them, petting them and playing with them every day.  We have cut back on long trips, but when we went to Australia and NZ, then took the transpacific to Seattle, it took 7 weeks.  Now, we usually go for 3-4 weeks max.  Of course, we are retired.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jax129 said:

we're already planning on going over for Greek Isles & since I live 3 hours from Port Everglades  & we've never flown longer than 5 hours & it just sounds so much fun!

It is far from certain that a Greek isles cruise would line up right after the TA.

Biker, who would rather do a Rhapsody TA with a Greek isles cruise since she's the only one home ported in Venice, perhaps for not much longer.

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

It is far from certain that a Greek isles cruise would line up right after the TA.

Biker, who would rather do a Rhapsody TA with a Greek isles cruise since she's the only one home ported in Venice, perhaps for not much longer.

I do love the smaller ships, was originally hoping for Jewel. My husband HAS TO go to Athens & I want more than 8 hours in Rome so we are limited on itineraries. We decided a year ago to do 9 night Greek Isles & fate is telling me to do the TA....LOL

6 minutes ago, Jax129 said:

We decided a year ago to do 9 night Greek Isles & fate is telling me to do the TA....LOL

If you are limited on time, I'd skip the TA - it is only a way to avoid flying one way. A cruise out of Venice would be much more memorable than the ship (Odyssey) or the TA.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1