Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

28 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

I booked today, and I was lucky enough to get the cabins I've been eyeing for months! Deck 10, aft junior suites...there are only 2 on the whole ship, and I actually got them 😃 

Congrats! Almost never Cruise unless it's in a Aft or Corner/Aft Cabin. 

1 hour ago, kccrzr said:

Did you call or just check the website?  I checked 4 different cruises on 2 different ships and each had only 2 categories of suites listed. It doesn’t seem likely so many suites would be reserved even by travel agents.  

i checked online and called.  Only cat. 2C and 4D available for some reason.

Edited by dj71

Searched for newly released transatlantics in the fall of 2021. The Anthem out of Southampton on Oct 20 came up with pricing.  When I tried a mock booking, it said there were no cabins available for 2 people.  I suspect it is not really released yet.

15 minutes ago, Poppy231 said:

Does anyone have any insights on if there will be a second ship from the UK in 2021, and if so which one or is Anthem going to be the only one again like in 2020?

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Keep watching this thread, deployments will likely be reported here first.

8 minutes ago, mugtech said:

Saw Jewel going from Barcelona to Amsterdam on April 7, 2021, was thinking she is due for a dry dock.  Anyone know when her next dry dock is scheduled?

While Adventure and Liberty are the two ships scheduled for the major "Royal Amplified" revitalization, Jewel did have a dry dock in 2016 and would be considered due. 

Press in Dubai had reported that when Jewel of the Seas returned for the 2021 season that she would have new Spa Cabins as an upgrade, which would indicate at least some sort of dry dock time was planned. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ulsteinvik said:

So which ship will sail from Copenhagen? Explorer, Brilliance or no one?

Brilliance is out an having Caribbean summer season. 

Explorer is a wild card still. They booked several calls at Gibraltar 2 weeks ago, but then did not book other ports yet. That seemed to indicate Southampton but now no further evidence. 

39 minutes ago, eel said:

Searched for newly released transatlantics in the fall of 2021. The Anthem out of Southampton on Oct 20 came up with pricing.  When I tried a mock booking, it said there were no cabins available for 2 people.  I suspect it is not really released yet.

A couple of hours ago that one and the April 2021 TA from Bayonne to Southampton were bookable, guess they are having some issues with the site. 

Edited by TwizzlersAddict

6 minutes ago, MADflyer said:

Brilliance is out an having Caribbean summer season. 

Explorer is a wild card still. They booked several calls at Gibraltar 2 weeks ago, but then did not book other ports yet. That seemed to indicate Southampton but now no further evidence. 

In Amsterdam there is also a call of Explorer of the Seas on 04 may 2021. Also 2 weeks ago.

Looking for Western mediterranean itineraries to Italy based ports for April-June 2021,  and see that it is mainly Harmony departing out of Barcelona.   Other than one that looks to be a reposition from Rome to Venice on Rhapsody I don't see ones on smaller based ships that sail for a week (we can't take more than 9 days off from work).   Do you think they will add any more European itineraries ?

Edited by peacefrogdog

1 hour ago, mugtech said:

Saw Jewel going from Barcelona to Amsterdam on April 7, 2021, was thinking she is due for a dry dock.  Anyone know when her next dry dock is scheduled?

Will be due, but sure just a quick 10-14day and done. Not due any changes, probably just Marine Side Maintenance. Regular replacement/repairs worn items are done yr round

4 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

I heard someone say the pricing for cruises is usually cheaper when they first release. The pricing is outrageous, but I hope to score a good deal as the sail date nears.

I agree, the pricing on some of these cruises is outrageous! I shudder to think what Odyssey Holy Land and TA will be. 

• Haha 1

There are a couple of eastbound TAs now showing on the UK site.

In addition to the Anthem sailings listed earlier ...

Vision of the Seas   Fort Lauderdale to Barcelona   19 April 2021

Rhapsody of the Seas   Tampa to Rome   10 April 2021

47 minutes ago, lighthousemom said:

I agree, the pricing on some of these cruises is outrageous! I shudder to think what Odyssey Holy Land and TA will be. 

I'm kind of scared to see what Odyssey prices are as well. Been planning this cruise for so long, I'm going for the itinerary not the ship but I'm excited about Odyssey. We're going regardless, just bracing myself for a higher rate than expected. 

18 minutes ago, royzer76 said:

There are a couple of eastbound TAs now showing on the UK site.

In addition to the Anthem sailings listed earlier ...

Vision of the Seas   Fort Lauderdale to Barcelona   19 April 2021

Rhapsody of the Seas   Tampa to Rome   10 April 2021

Ugh! Not what I was hoping for with itineraries 😭

3 hours ago, MADflyer said:

While Adventure and Liberty are the two ships scheduled for the major "Royal Amplified" revitalization, Jewel did have a dry dock in 2016 and would be considered due. 

Press in Dubai had reported that when Jewel of the Seas returned for the 2021 season that she would have new Spa Cabins as an upgrade, which would indicate at least some sort of dry dock time was planned. 

Thank you

1 hour ago, SA Traveler said:

I haven't read all the posts so I don't know if this has been mentioned

but my TA confirmed with Royal today that Liberty out of Galveston will be open for booking for June of 2021 on Monday the 18th.  We will be booking our 50th anniversary cruise. 

Thanks which  means Liberty will be in Galveston until Oasis class  comes  in Fall 2021 or spring 2022. It could also  stay along side the new ship ? Time will tell .